Got a surprise from Shaun Alexander today!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was at the last Packer game this season, and i took a picture of Alexander just as he crossed the goal line, scoring his NFL record 28th TD. I made two 4x6 copies of it, wrote a letter to him asking if he could please autograph one for me, and to keep one for himself. I mailed it off a few days before the NFC title game, and really didn't expect anything. Well, in todays mail, there was my SASE, with the signed picture in it! How cool is that? He took the time during the 2 weeks off between the NFC title game and the Super Bowl to autograph it for me! I never sent an autograph request to a different team before. I didn't know what to expect! Not bad for a first time!

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
another score for you man..good stuff.

anyone else think Shaun has a little sugar in his tank? he has your address now cheesey, maybe he'll drop by later? :lol:

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
I was at the last Packer game this season, and i took a picture of Alexander just as he crossed the goal line, scoring his NFL record 28th TD. I made two 4x6 copies of it, wrote a letter to him asking if he could please autograph one for me, and to keep one for himself. I mailed it off a few days before the NFC title game, and really didn't expect anything. Well, in todays mail, there was my SASE, with the signed picture in it! How cool is that? He took the time during the 2 weeks off between the NFC title game and the Super Bowl to autograph it for me! I never sent an autograph request to a different team before. I didn't know what to expect! Not bad for a first time!

That will be a collectos item someday. Put it in a safety deposit box.

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks all! I thought it was pretty neat!
Maybe sometime next week i can scan it and post it for you all to see.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
awesome deal, cheesey!! and yes, please post it for us so we can live vicariously through you - OMG - DID I JUST SAY THAT?????? j/k buddy!!!

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks again! I know.....you don't expect a reply when you send off something to a "star" player. It was a VERY pleasant surprise for me!
I feel sorry for him that they didn't get the win.

Reaction score
:shock: Yet again cheesy, you make someone envy! :) Glad you got that pic.

But you know, there have been a lot of fakes going around lately. Don't worry, you can send me the original pic with the autograph, and I'll verify that it is indeed not a fake. :wink: :D

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOLOL!!! Yeah......i'll put it in an envelope RIGHT AWAY!!! LOLOLOL!!! I sent it right to the Seahawks, in care of him, so i'm pretty sure it's real! :wink:
I'm gonna try to scan it and put it up. The last couple time i tried to post photos, it didn't work. Yet it did when i put up the one of me and Bob Harlan. I'll see if i can get it to work.

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well......that stinks........i can't get photos to work anymore. It keeps coming up as "exceeding the 30 seconds allowed" and it won't go through.

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks Heather! I just wish i could post it..........i don't know why it worked before, but not now. I tried SEVERAL times, and it just won't work. Oh well.........what can you do?

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow thats really cool cheesy i sent a picture of fergy to him and he didnt sign it and send it back and here the MVP of the league does wow

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He didn't sign it??? That stinks! Did you include a nice personal fan letter to him? (Sometimes that can make the difference) With Alexander, i sent a 2nd copy of the photo to him to keep. Even though i was on the other end of the stadium, it turned out pretty good. I think he may have signed it cause i wrote a nice letter AND gave him the extra picture.
It's funny, cause Fergy isn't a real "star" player. You'd think he would sign. I got him on my Packer helmet at practice, along with Driver. But alot of the guys wouldn't sign. Like Mike Flanigan. Even though there were only a few of us there, and he was right on the other side of the fence from us, he wouldn't take 5 minutes for us fans. I saw him several times, and he never signed for anyone. He would talk a little, but wouldn't sign. And he's only a LINEMAN! Some guys don't appreciate the job they have, till it's gone. If he's not a Packer next year, he may WISH people wanted his autograph!

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeh its kind of ridiculous i mean i still love the guys but they make millons to play the greatest game in the world and they cant take 5 min to sign a picture for us. The fans pay their sallery to i cant see guys like Kampmann and Gado snubbing us but you never know

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packerfan4ever said:
thats great go cheesey
Thank you! :wink:

Gpg4.......i know what you mean. It wouldn't take but what, under a MINUTE to open your envelope, sign it, and put it in the other envelope. Now, here's the thing..........he SENT IT BACK, so ALL he would have had to do was take what, 5 SECONDS to scribble his signature on it??? Those types tick me off. Like you said, they make millions (because of the FANS!) and they can't tkae a few seconds to make a fans day?
I sent Gado 2 index cards, and asked him to sign one for me, and one for my wife. He did so! And personalized them for us! (That way we don't fight over them!) Now, will he ALWAYS remain a good signer? I don't know for sure, but i think he will!
Ahman Green is that way too........2 summers ago, when i was at mini camp, i asked him "Mr. Green, could you please sign my helmet?" and he walked from the locker room door right over to the fence and signed it for me! Willian Henderson followed him, and he signed it too! THESE guys are what ALL of them should be like!
I have yet to get Kampman yet.

Reaction score
cheesey said:
LOLOL!!! Yeah......i'll put it in an envelope RIGHT AWAY!!!

That's odd, three weeks later and I still haven't gotten them. Any idea why Cheesy? :-? :lol:

Wow cheesy, I never knew your jokes actually had the ability to attract people! :shock: Do you save your best jokes for the players or something? :p

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I MAILED it off allabout! Musta got lost in the mail! :wink:

Hey.........Aaron Rodgers VERY FIRST day with the Packers, he was walking in the fenced in area to the locker room right after practice. It looked like he was gonna keep walking, and NOT come over by us. So...........I started singing......."It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood!" (For those of you that don't get the joke......thats the theme song for "Mr. Rodger's neighborhood on PBS.) Well, Rodgers stopped, started laughing and walked right over to us, and pointed to me and said "If you don't stop singing that, i won't sign any autographs!" Everyone started laughing, and he signed alot of autographs for us! (including my mini helmet!)
So, i guess SOMEONE appreciated my sense of humor! :wink:

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesy your so right all players should be like those guys those are the type of people i want all over are orginization like kampman gado and green not the cancers like T.O.

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup GPG4! All it takes is ONE bad guy to destroy team chemistry. TO is a GREAT talent AND a GREAT big JERK! I would LOVE to have his talent on the team.......if they could JUST super glue his MOUTH shut!!!