Goodell: Likley no salary cap in 2010

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Goodell: Slow labor negotiations likely mean no salary cap in 2010

NEW YORK -- No NFL salary cap next season seems like a foregone conclusion to commissioner Roger Goodell. Without any substantive negotiations toward a new collective bargaining agreement, Goodell said Thursday that team owners are preparing for an uncapped 2010 season, the final year of the current deal that they opted out of last year.
"Because of the timing, we recognize there's a strong reality there will be an uncapped year, and the owners have planned for it," Goodell said. "What the owners' intent is is to get an agreement."

Read rest here

Goodell: Slow labor negotiations likely mean no salary cap in 2010

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really do not like this. The salary cap is what keeps this league SO competitive for 90% of the teams.

This is really ONLY going to help 25% of the team that have lots of money and really hurt the rest. Cowboys should win the Superbowl many times in the future since they can buy whoever they want at this point. :(

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really do not like this. The salary cap is what keeps this league SO competitive for 90% of the teams.

This is really ONLY going to help 25% of the team that have lots of money and really hurt the rest. Cowboys should win the Superbowl many times in the future since they can buy whoever they want at this point. :(
The Redskins have been buying whoever they want for the past 10 years and haven't even got to the NFCC. They can buy all the players they want, they'll never buy chemistry.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Welcome to the MESS that is baseball and why I don't even bother following it. A handful of teams that can spend the money on the free agents, and the rest the suck perennially.

GB is so screwed.

I don't want to see GB suffer through another 30 years of **** teams. Maybe I'm totally wrong, but that is what I see coming.

Picture this. Your a HOT free agent. Jerry calls you up with the same deal GB is offering. Which would you choose? Jerry World, or Green Bay Wisconsin? I think most would choose Jerry World. GB is probably one of the less desirable place to play for a talented free agent. You heard what Woodson said, GB was the only one offering anything and he still tried to wait and see if another team would offer him a job. After nobody did he resigned himself to go to GB. GB will get 0 good free agents. We'll get all the leftovers nobody wants. F***.

Members online

Latest posts