Good NFC Championship Game Preview

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was looking over the Giants list of teams they beat. Alot of less then stellar teams. Dallas even had 100 more yards of offense then the Giants.
I mean, we have to NOT take them lightly, but if we play ANYTHING like we did last weekend, it should be over by halftime.
JMO

ClassyGiantsFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys, Giants fan here. Glad to talk to some intelligent fans (we just played the Cowboys last week so we REALLY appreciate your classiness and loyalty compared to those babies in Dallas)

I agree that Eli plays poorly in cold. But even during the season, Eli did not play well in decent weather and low winds etc etc. It was only these past few games that he took on the new "identity" of possession passes, 6 yard dumps, and quick outs etc and he's been successful. I think that if he gets protection the wind will not affect those type of passes much.

And if you guys have a day like you did against the birds last week, it will be very tough. I guess I'll just have to hope we get pressure on Favre and limit Ryan Grant.

Anyway, should be a good game.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In week 12 the Giants got destroyed by the Vikings 41-17 and Eli threw like 5 picks. In one strech the Giants played 4 of the worst teams in the NFL. NYJ, ATL, SF, MIA, wow thats 4 of there 10 wins right there.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In week 12 the Giants got destroyed by the Vikings 41-17 and Eli threw like 5 picks. In one strech the Giants played 4 of the worst teams in the NFL. NYJ, ATL, SF, MIA, wow thats 4 of there 10 wins right there.
I know..............thats what i have been saying all along. They took on some pretty weak opponents. That said, they are the ones that made it here, and the ones we have to beat to get to the Super Bowl.
Heres to an injury free game Classygiantsfan!

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The past is the past. I have been really impressed with the growth I saw during the season. He is very improved since the first week. We will need to pressure him and our DB need to be on their toes. I will also say the receivers for the Giants are not that impressive although Steve smith the rookie is a comer. Watch out for him.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Giants beat Dallas IN Dallas...

(Something we have failed to do!)

Think on that. :shock:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Brett did what vs Dallas? And what did Eli do vs Dallas this past weekend?

Point is, players have bad games, it HAPPENS!!!

Giants team had the Pats beat in the 4th q..

Just dont take this Giants team for granted is all I am saying!!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Exactly...Everyone seems to think week 2 means something, Packers blew em out then..So of course they will blow them out again..

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It was their THIRD meeting. Dallas won the other two. Dallas played lousy, NY played lights out.
Dallas has 100 yards more offense then NY. They just plain stunk it up. The last month of the season Dallas was'nt playing well.
I'm NOT saying to take NY lightly, cause thats when you get beat. But i wouldn't go into the game SCARED of them. If we play like we did last weekend, we should win.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerLegend said:

Brett did what vs Dallas? And what did Eli do vs Dallas this past weekend?

Point is, players have bad games, it HAPPENS!!!

Giants team had the Pats beat in the 4th q..

Just dont take this Giants team for granted is all I am saying!!

Yes...and what did the O-Line do in Dallas when we played them?

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I think you guys make each others point. We only know what teams did in past games and we cannot magically know what they will do the next time. Any team that has hung with the Patriots has my respect for sure. If those games were any indication of how they will play this week, then we have a major challenge on our hands.

That will make victory all the more sweeter ;)

favre2driver

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The giants did have a pretty weak schedule, but they played Dallas 2 times. Their pass rush is very good and running game is beast. It causes some worries. But everything else, QB, WR, Secondary, doesn't really worry me.

OP
OP
P

Packerfan4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys, Giants fan here. Glad to talk to some intelligent fans (we just played the Cowboys last week so we REALLY appreciate your classiness and loyalty compared to those babies in Dallas)

I agree that Eli plays poorly in cold. But even during the season, Eli did not play well in decent weather and low winds etc etc. It was only these past few games that he took on the new "identity" of possession passes, 6 yard dumps, and quick outs etc and he's been successful. I think that if he gets protection the wind will not affect those type of passes much.

And if you guys have a day like you did against the birds last week, it will be very tough. I guess I'll just have to hope we get pressure on Favre and limit Ryan Grant.

Anyway, should be a good game.

I have been an Eli defender this year...he had some poor games (my friends are Vikings fans, watched that game...terrible), but he's also had some stellar games where he looks more like the best player in the 2004 draft class and a legitimate franchise QB. He's thrown a lot of picks, but he's also produced a lot of key drives and victories for his team when its mattered most (sound familiar?). I like Eli, Peyton never had to play in the pressure cooker that is New York, Eli had HUGE expectations after being Peyton's brother and Archie's son, and Eli's done it without a first ballot hall of famer as his #1 reciever. I think this will be a good game, both good quarterbacks, both solid running games, we'll see how much home field has to do with it.

But props to Eli for getting his underdog team this far, he's been blasted so much by the media (and former gay teammates) and overcame it all to be in the "final four." MUCH RESPECT ELI!

shanks2122

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it dosent matter who you play anybody thats ever played football knows how hard it is to beat a team three times in one season

Every week is different especially in the NFL

This is gonna be a fun game to watch, I see Eli loseing composer in the 2nd quarter do to the fans. Brandon Jacobs is gonna be great. Giants defense plays well.

Farve has a game like last week low pass attempts but accurate. Grant runs 18 times, suprisingly enough jackson and morency are gonna play a big role. Packs defense abuses anyone that touches the ball.

No injurys on either team +

pack wins 27-14 (MVP KGB 2 tak, 3 sak, 1 ff)

Members online

Latest posts