Good game Pack. Congrats on a very gutsy season.

94niners

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys played the season with a lot of guts. Down to your final possession you fought hard. Good game. We'll see you guys next year.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Game plan was fine for 3.5 qts I thought..We do know we gave up 14 points in t/o

Just couldnt execute to Kolin

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
blegh, kap played well but our game plan was also grossly inappropriate for him. SF was our toughest test in the playoffs imo and we failed miserably.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I think not having a spy on Kaep until 2nd half played a bigger role than anything. Once Kaep got his confidence from his running, his passing became crisp.

12theTruth

Other than the garbage TD our offense scored 17 points. Not even close to good enough. Defense getting gashed on the ground throughout most of the game. You could tell its bad when the 9ers would still get 4 yards out of a poorly blocked running play. Absolutely abysmal job by Capers.

12theTruth

Maybe next time we won't have 6 starters on IR

Desmond Bishop and Bryan Bulaga likely wouldn't have made a difference tonight. Of the 6 starters its not like we didn't have quite a bit of talent out on the field including our FULL arsenal of WR's.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
You guys played the season with a lot of guts. Down to your final possession you fought hard. Good game. We'll see you guys next year.
Yup. At least we matched your physicality for a few minutes. Hopefully both sides can be healthy

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Desmond Bishop and Bryan Bulaga likely wouldn't have made a difference tonight. Of the 6 starters its not like we didn't have quite a bit of talent out on the field including our FULL arsenal of WR's.

Our WRs don't play defense. And Bishop would have made a HUGE difference over Jones. Don't kid yourself. Not having Worthy hurt us too.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our WRs don't play defense. And Bishop would have made a HUGE difference over Jones. Don't kid yourself. Not having Worthy hurt us too.

Worthy wouldn't have made that much of a difference except to give some other guys a rest. His performance this season was pretty so-so. Bishop and possibly Perry would have made a difference. Erik Walden at OLB was lost all game.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Worthy wouldn't have made that much of a difference except to give some other guys a rest. His performance this season was pretty so-so. Bishop and possibly Perry would have made a difference. Erik Walden at OLB was lost all game.

Worthy would have made a difference because he's another space-eater. Those runs up the middle wouldn't have been as easy.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Other than the garbage TD our offense scored 17 points. Not even close to good enough. Defense getting gashed on the ground throughout most of the game. You could tell its bad when the 9ers would still get 4 yards out of a poorly blocked running play. Absolutely abysmal job by Capers.

We got beat up by a running football team with excellent offensive line play. SF sustained its drives while our offense couldn't. Some of our defensive problems were the result of fatigue, especially in the second half, but the lack of adjustments in the first half was infuriating.

OP
OP

94niners

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe next time we won't have 6 starters on IR

And maybe we won't have 2 of our WRs (including a starter), our (former) starting OLB, our explosive number 2 running back out, our most valuable player with a partially torn triceps, and our pro bowl tackle struggling with an arm injury. :shrugs: Football is a violent game full of injuries. Gotta overcome them.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And maybe we won't have 2 of our WRs (including a starter), our (former) starting OLB, our explosive number 2 running back out, our most valuable player with a partially torn triceps, and our pro bowl tackle struggling with an arm injury. :shrugs: Football is a violent game full of injuries. Gotta overcome them.

LOL.... nice try, but no comparison.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Your pro-bowl MVP played tonite.

Forderick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It sucks that the packers lost, but making excuses in a blow out is a bit much. So what we had some injuries, every team does. Look at 2010, how many injuries did that team have and won the super bowl. so enough already.

If the game was the least bit close, then we can sit here and talk about how this player and this call could have changed the game but that didn't happen, the packers got curb stomped by the niners. it wasn't close at all in the second half.

I think for me the biggest reason the packers lost was because as usual McCarthy stopped running the ball. Harris had what 5.(something) yards per carry and he ran it 11 times. WTF?

You have to give credit to the Niners who just dominated the packers in the 2nd half, when the game was on the line.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
It sucks that the packers lost, but making excuses in a blow out is a bit much. So what we had some injuries, every team does. Look at 2010, how many injuries did that team have and won the super bowl. so enough already.

If the game was the least bit close, then we can sit here and talk about how this player and this call could have changed the game but that didn't happen, the packers got curb stomped by the niners. it wasn't close at all in the second half.

I think for me the biggest reason the packers lost was because as usual McCarthy stopped running the ball. Harris had what 5.(something) yards per carry and he ran it 11 times. WTF?

You have to give credit to the Niners who just dominated the packers in the 2nd half, when the game was on the line.
If we had played disciplined and kept contain, we could have bagged this game. A few fumbles and missed blocks didn't help either. All in all we played decent if you take out a few plays

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we had played disciplined and kept contain, we could have bagged this game. A few fumbles and missed blocks didn't help either. All in all we played decent if you take out a few plays

We were very much in it until later in the 3rd quarter, then the defense completely fell apart followed by an offense that sputtered. It didn't help that MM chose to punt on 4 and 2 at the 50 when we were down by 14 points with less than 10 mins to go.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
We were very much in it until later in the 3rd quarter, then the defense completely fell apart followed by an offense that sputtered. It didn't help that MM chose to punt on 4 and 2 at the 50 when we were down by 14 points with less than 10 mins to go.
We probably could have kept from getting into that situation if we had held Kaep in check.

Marvin49

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi guys...

Had a great time all week debating the game with you. It was a hard faught game and a pleasure to watch from the stands. It got a little lopsided at the end there, but through most of the game is was fantastic.

You guys will be back next year challenging for a title (and for many years to come). I look forward to these teams playing again and debating with you all.

On a sidenote, I know you guys are feeling kinda bleak right now, but I have to tell you that I really like that Harris kid at RB. How the hell was he not on anyones roster midseason. Fast, sudden, strong, GREAT on those cutback runs. I think that kid is a keeper.

Peace.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys...

Had a great time all week debating the game with you. It was a hard faught game and a pleasure to watch from the stands. It got a little lopsided at the end there, but through most of the game is was fantastic.

You guys will be back next year challenging for a title (and for many years to come). I look forward to these teams playing again and debating with you all.

On a sidenote, I know you guys are feeling kinda bleak right now, but I have to tell you that I really like that Harris kid at RB. How the hell was he not on anyones roster midseason. Fast, sudden, strong, GREAT on those cutback runs. I think that kid is a keeper.

Peace.

GL rest next week

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Hi guys...

Peace.
See you around, we'll see y'all next year!

Told you he was a lot like Hunter.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts