Gonna watch the Denver\Pitt game?

LambeauEast

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does any one else think the Broncos coach looks like he could be Davy Jones' (the monkees) brother?

I think he looks like a little rat fink whose had too many face lifts, and could use a good punch to said face. Rotten ****in weasel. But other than that...I love the guy. :oops:

Reaction score
Journal Sentinel writer Greg Bedard was with the Dolphins during the time Bates was their DC, so it should be interesting to see if he has any articles out that analyze the Broncos D, looking at how prevalent Bates style is in what the Broncos are running.

It'd make for an interesting read to see what, if any, changes might have been employed by Bates compared to what he did during his sole season with the Packers.

Aaronstory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Journal Sentinel writer Greg Bedard was with the Dolphins during the time Bates was their DC, so it should be interesting to see if he has any articles out that analyze the Broncos D, looking at how prevalent Bates style is in what the Broncos are running.

It'd make for an interesting read to see what, if any, changes might have been employed by Bates compared to what he did during his sole season with the Packers.

I wrote about this today - I can't believe there hasn't been more pub about this - The Broncos spent the bye week junking Bates' system and went back to the scheme they ran last year, plus they added a lot of Tampa-2 to the defensive calls - which is exactly what you didn't want to hear if you're a Packer fan...

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a little nervous about the Denver game, but mostly because its a Monday nighter. I have no facts to back this up, but it seems like lately we have been bad on nationally televised games. Haven't we lost at least the last 3 nationally televised games we've played? I think there was Philly, Seattle, and recently the Chicago, right? Does anyone remember what national games we played before that? Maybe this is the game we break that streak!?

So I'll leave with this......

"I'm not SUPERstitious......but I am a little stitious." - Michael Scott (The Office)

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score

I wrote about this today - I can't believe there hasn't been more pub about this - The Broncos spent the bye week junking Bates' system and went back to the scheme they ran last year, plus they added a lot of Tampa-2 to the defensive calls - which is exactly what you didn't want to hear if you're a Packer fan...

Scrapping Bates system or not, a couple of things I seen last night is the key beating the Broncos..

1) The interior of the defensive line is soft, which may force them to play the linebackers up if we can run at all between the tackles.
2) With the speed of their Lbers and the aggressiveness of the DE, running outside on them might be tough sledding..
3) attack the center of the field between 10 and 20 yards.. it was open all day with the tampa two they were running last night. Lynch is still smart but can't run like he used to.
4) In the redzone and for the fact, playaction this team to death, they are very aggressive in the front 7 getting up field.. even if we can't run the ball it will slow up the DE a little.. I see Cliffy having a tough day with the speed they have on the edges.

Keys to containing their offense...
1)Stopping their offense shouldn't be any different than say the chargers.. stop the run and force them to pass.
2)Stokley in the slot is the most dangerous weapon they have. Play inside on him with the nickelback with a safety watching the fade or the nine route.
3)Jam the hell out the other wideouts.. especially Marshall.. don't want him getting deep.
4) Poppinga better be ready to cover this week.. they have a couple of decent TE's.. one got nicked up again last night.
5) Force Golden boy two to move around in the pocket.. he isn't as accurate when moving around.. hit him early and often as well, didn't do really well with being hurried.

Reaction score

Oh boy, not what I wanted to hear... er read.

But I have to think the coaches will have strategies to employ and counter the Tampa 2. The fact that the Steelers attempted to pass against the D more than you'd expect would give the coaches some good film on how to exploit the Broncos Tampa 2.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Favre would have an easier time beating the Tampa 2 than Bates' bump-and-run system. He's a Tampa 2 beast.

Aaronstory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Favre would have an easier time beating the Tampa 2 than Bates' bump-and-run system. He's a Tampa 2 beast.

Actually, he's always struggled against it, and has again the last 6 quarters the offense has been on the field...If I was a defensive coordinator that had to face him, I'd spend the week teaching it to my guys.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Danreb said:

Actually, he's always struggled against it, and has again the last 6 quarters the offense has been on the field...If I was a defensive coordinator that had to face him, I'd spend the week teaching it to my guys.

Correct he does struggle against it, I think the Denver team can be exploited right at the heart of the weakness of that defense.

The speed of the safeties or I should say Lynch is the weakness.. bang it into the center of the field until they come up a little then go right by Lynch on the nine.. lets hope for decent weather..

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Thanks. I was wondering what the heck was going on. Madden kept referring to the Tampa 2 defense, and I don't recall them even mentioning Bates' name all night. It was a major oversight on the part of the national media to not call more attention to Denver's defensive changes. Although Madden pointed out what they were doing, he never mentioned that it was a major change from how they had been playing defense up till that point.

The Broncos looked impressive last night against a good Steelers team, so this should be a heck of a game. I always get worried about playing in that thin air. That depth on the DL will come in handy.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
When thinking of this, you didn't happen to review Buffalo, Dallas, New England, San Fransisco or Tennessee schedules huh? You could even throw in Miami and New York Jets in there because they play three home games in a row too, but after playing two home games in a row they have a BYE followed by a home game.

But I bet you knew that.

Heh, believe it or not the fact that the Broncos were on a bye week slipped my mind at the time of that post. I was also working on my fantasy team in another window, and was contemplating whether or not to drop Turner to pick up another RB. Turner's stats against the Broncos were the main thing from making me drop him, and I thought that game had been last week, not two weeks ago like it really was.

I've brought up that the Broncos were on a bye week in a couple of other posts before, but oddly enough it just slipped my mind when I wrote that post last night.

Not sure what's with the attitude, but meh whatever.
No attitude intended. Just a little tired of people posting things without substance to support it. I mean seriously, how hard is it to post things you can defend with facts? Just seems irresponsible to me.

BUT, it happens. Not everyone has the knowledge of where to look or what to look for and just posts whatever. Which is cool, it gives me something to do after my daughter is asleep when I need to kill a few minutes before the next Law & Order comes on :)

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm surprised that the Broncos have three straight home games. A rarity in today's NFL.

When thinking of this, you didn't happen to review Buffalo, Dallas, New England, San Fransisco or Tennessee schedules huh? You could even throw in Miami and New York Jets in there because they play three home games in a row too, but after playing two home games in a row they have a BYE followed by a home game.

But I bet you knew that.

My god, why do you know this :)

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Maybe they should scrap it again and spend all week on a new scheme. Didnt Big Ben have 4 td's ? Any defense that gives up 4 td's to him needs to be scrapped. he'd decent but come on now.

Aaronstory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:

Maybe they should scrap it again and spend all week on a new scheme. Didnt Big Ben have 4 td's ? Any defense that gives up 4 td's to him needs to be scrapped. he'd decent but come on now.

He did indeed, along with a couple picks and 4 sacks taken.

The Denver defense can be scored on, no doubt. But Monday nights showing was worlds better than what they had shown so far in 2007.

Members online

Latest posts