Going to the Packers/Chargers game 11/6

Reaction score
I wasn't sure where to put this but (assuming there is a 2011 season) a couple of friends of mine (1 Packers and 2 chargers) are going to go to the November 6 game out in San Diego. I was just wondering if other Packer fans were also making that trip and if there any get togethers outside the stadium beforehand.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live in San Diego and am planning on going to the game with a huge contingent of Packers fans!

Where do you live?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh nice! I know a group of Packers fans are organizing a bus leaving from the old Packers bar in Pacific Beach. To be honest, I haven't spent any kind of time planning my trip due to the lockout.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Be careful. A lot of Charger fans are gangster wannabe thugs.
Although I was there for a Raider @ Charger game. That was dangerous for either team fans.

OP
OP
PackersFanfromCali80
Reaction score
lol. It's cool. I know how ugly Raiders/Chargers games can get but I'm hoping that being with two Chargers fans will make it okay for us to go. My friend and I are pretty boss so I am sure we won't have an issue.

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Planning to go from Michigan with another couple from Appleton. We normally go to a couple away games each year along with the game each year in Detroit. Looking at the schedule, the SD game is the one we all chose.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will be at this game for sure with a complete tailgate spread. If you are planning on going to this, hit me up and we can plan some sort of "meet up". Come on you damn lock out!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a best friend in San Diego who OWES ME BIG TIME, so depending on what my job looks like at the time, I will go.

I've seen Packer games at:
Dallas
Detroit
Tampa Bay
St Louis
Minnesota (too many damn times, all losses)

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stop it with your assinine comments about the Charger fans.

Actually, he's not wrong about Chargers fans. Living here in San Diego, I have first hand experience as to the kinds of ******** Chargers fans can be, including coming to near fisticuffs because a Charger fan was tweaked we were rooting for Denver (My fiancee is from there) and was insulting my fiancee for it.

Being passionate fans is fine. My friends and I are very passionate about the Packers. But being a complete ***** about is is something else.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stop it with your assinine comments about the Charger fans.
Hey, the Chargers are my 2nd favorite team, but I was there at "The Murf" and it was rough.... but again, it was Raiders @ Chargers so that might have had something to do with it. It was Brees last year with the Chargers.

ashley1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm planning on driving down from LA for the game. (Although I know it won't compare to my last game which was Packers v. Vikings on Favre's last game at Lambeau!) Where are you guys getting your tickets? I've found some on StubHub and EventsUSA, but I'm curious if there is another good place to get decent tix for away games.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My buddy in San Diego is going to be getting me tickets to this game.... he owes me big time.

Now I just gotta find a decent flight from Dallas to there.

November 6th...... I hope we are 7-0, 6-1 perhaps.
We will be coming off a bye week, having won at Minnesota the week before it.
And we will then host Minnesota the week after this game.
Nice fricking schedule-making NFL.

VBJunkie

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll be crashing this with my brother who lives in San Diego and has season tix. He's an Executive Chef and does up a tailgate like no other.

But I won't mind looking for other peeps and eating their food too...

kawikasurf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great post, above. This will be a home game for Aaron. I'm coming to the game - waiting to buy tix for the standard reason. I've lived in Laguna Beach for 26 years but I've never been to a football game at QualCom. Is there any special part of the parking lot where the visitors' fans tend to congregate for tailgating or is it like Lambeau where everyone just sorta mixes in with everyone else? Thanks.

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great post, above. This will be a home game for Aaron. I'm coming to the game - waiting to buy tix for the standard reason. I've lived in Laguna Beach for 26 years but I've never been to a football game at QualCom. Is there any special part of the parking lot where the visitors' fans tend to congregate for tailgating or is it like Lambeau where everyone just sorta mixes in with everyone else? Thanks.
You will be amazed,simply amazed as to how many Packer fans will be at that game..Just park where you can, cuz the space you park in will be less than 20 feet from another packer tailgate party. This will be a sellout for the fairweather fan base here.GO PACK GO

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, he's not wrong about Chargers fans. Living here in San Diego, I have first hand experience as to the kinds of ******** Chargers fans can be, including coming to near fisticuffs because a Charger fan was tweaked we were rooting for Denver (My fiancee is from there) and was insulting my fiancee for it.

Being passionate fans is fine. My friends and I are very passionate about the Packers. But being a complete ***** about is is something else.
The only game you have to worry about is the Chargers/Raiders game,,,,,and the Packers are not playing here then

totalpackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live in LA and our whole Wisconsin crew will be down there. There should be at least 20 of us and we're talking about getting an RV. Anyone is welcome to stop by for a beer. Strength in numbers!
Oddly enough, last time I was in San Diego for a regular season game is the last time the Packers played there. Sat in the 5th row on the 40. Turned around and I could only pick out three Chargers jerseys in the stands behind me.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts