Goin' to Lambeau

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to the Lions game the last game of the year(last regular season game anyway), and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on any good restaurants, bars, and any other attractions I should check out while I'm there. I'm staying for 3 nights. :feedback: :beersign:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd say you HAVE to check out Brett Favre's Steakhouse. The food is good, and there's lots of Brett's stuff there to look at. But of course it IS pricey. But it's only a few blocks from Lambeau Field too.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kroll's West and Chili John's are two that I never miss in Green Bay. I also hit Texas Roadhouse, but that's just because we don't have it up north.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kroll's West and Chili John's are two that I never miss in Green Bay. I also hit Texas Roadhouse, but that's just because we don't have it up north.
I've heard Krolls is great.......i keep forgetting to check it out when i'm up there!

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MidwestFavreFan,

Congratulations on your trip. I am sure you will have a great time and may even catch a historic game in the process.

I always promised myself that if I ever get down there I would stay for a few days to really soak in the Green Bay atmosphere. Besides hitting the usual historic sites, I would also think about just driving around and soaking in all the street signs named after players and coaches. There is so much in Green Bay that defines this Football team from all the other franchises that I don't think it could be "fully" appreciated unless you stayed for awhile........3 nights is a great start because "Green Bay is Football Baby" !!!

Enjoy every moment my friend and have a beer for me while you are there :chug:

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kroll's is good and if you are pressed for time, you can always try it pre-game, as they have beer garden, band, etc. set up.

Chili John's also a good choice.

I have never been, but have always wanted to check out Fuzzy Thurston's place, I here he is in there quite often.

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd say you HAVE to check out Brett Favre's Steakhouse. The food is good, and there's lots of Brett's stuff there to look at. But of course it IS pricey. But it's only a few blocks from Lambeau Field too.
What he said. That place is fantastic.

OP
OP
IronMan

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Sounds like theres a lot of good food close by. I may have to extend my stay! I'll be within walking distance from Lambeau so that will be nice. I have heard the Packers Hall of Fame is a must see also.

Aaronstory

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It's all about Kroll's... :D

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Sounds like theres a lot of good food close by. I may have to extend my stay! I'll be within walking distance from Lambeau so that will be nice. I have heard the Packers Hall of Fame is a must see also.
ABSOLUTELY! If you have never gone through the HOF, it's a MUST! And the stadium tour is a must too! Plus if you can, bring lots of money and check out the Packer Pro Shop. It's all in the Lambeau Field Atrium, so you don't even have to travel.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Midwestfavrefan: There are 5 Sports Bars and grill with in a block of Lambeau Field with food. On Holmgren Way just one block east of Lambeau Field. There is Stadium View Sports Bar and Grill, The Bar-Sports Bar and Grill, and Anduzzi's Sports Bar and Grill. The are right together on Holmgren Way. All three have tailgating in their parking lots on day of the game with Food , drinks and music provided, under tents in their parking lots beforeand after the game. There is also a new Sports bar & grill called Champions, which is located just East of Brett Favre's Steakhouse. Brett Favre Steakhouse is located on a street called Brett Favre Pass. Brett Favre Pass is located on the north side of Stadium View Sports Bar and Grill and intersects Holmgren Way.

Also Curly's Pub in the Atrium at Lambeau Field has good food and gives you large portions of food.

If you want to take in the attractions at Atrium at Lambeau Field. I would suggest being there early on Saturday morning. it is crazy around Lambeau on Packer game day with 71,000 packer fans in the area of lambeau Field. There are no tours of lambeau Field on Packer game day.

PWT36 Green BAy born and raised and now live in DePere, Wi. just 5 miles from Lambeau Field

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Outside the stadium is a gate where you will see Packer players enter and exit, if you stand by it you will most likely get a few autographs. That was the highlight of my trip when we went both times.

Also like Cheesy said, Bretts Steak House is wonderful, lots of memorabilia on the walls and also the food is GREAT! We also ate at Curly's Pub, the food there is also great.

Take the Stadium tour and also dont miss the Hall of Fame, they have both tours together in one package deal if your interested. Then of course dont leave without going into the Packer Pro Shop.

Hope this helps. Have a great time while being there, we sure did. :)

OP
OP
IronMan

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! It looks like I'm going to need to bring a healthy appetite and lots of money LOL. But it will be an awesome experience I'm sure. Chili Johns sounds really good. Nothing like a nice bowl of chili on a cold day. And the tailgating before the game will be fun too. Beer, brats, and more beer. :D Thanks again for all the suggestions!

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to the Lions game the last game of the year(last regular season game anyway), and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on any good restaurants, bars, and any other attractions I should check out while I'm there. I'm staying for 3 nights. :feedback: :beersign:

go fishing up in door county. walleye, smallmouth bass , northern are all hitting.

buy some brats, octoberfest beer (made by a wisconsin brewery), and some potatoe salad. for desert, a door county cherry pie. i would also stop at a roadside farmers stand and purchase some fresh apple cider and some honey that was extracted around the 4th of july.

enjoy the fall colors,

man i love fall in wisconsin!!!!!!

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MFF,
It looks like most of the places to see have been covered.
One of the things you will have to decide on game day is do you want to spend time outside the stadium mixing it up with the other fans or do you want to be in the stadium and watching the players warm up for the game.

As mentioned Stadium View Lounge has a tent set up outside to grab a brat or burger and eat before you go inside. There are several others that do as well but we always stop at SV.
Stadium View has had former Packers there for autograph sessions before the game. Last year Jerry Kramer was there. He was back with several other Packer HOFers before the SD game this year.
Many of the local radio stations broadcast live on game day and have speakers set up for the fans to hear. You can choose which one you like best yourself.
Up the street (Holmgren Way) a half a block to the east of Stadium View is a nice sporting goods store with all things Packers. (They also have a section for the uninformed and/or misguided NFL fan as well.) Along with a small selection of college and MLB clothing as well.
We walk up Armed Forced Dr which is between Holmgren Way and Oneida Ave. To the left is the Don Hudson Center and outdoor practice facilities.
Along the way you can buy your Packer Beads if you are so inclined. Unlike New Orleans and Mardi Gras you don't have to lift your shirt to get them. I think they go for a buck a strand. There are also the cheesehead and other assorted cheesey merchandise. I would go for the cheese bra if I were you.
Some of the local legends have been seen walking the streets before the game. I have seen St Vince at Stadium View a few times and also in the Packer parking lot. He is always standing there letting some one take his picture. I walked in with Packalope a few weeks ago. But his antlers were missing. Perhaps they were at the cleaners.
I am not sure which gate you will be going in. I go in thru the Oneida gate on the south side of the stadium. The crowd seems to be a little bigger on the left side of the gate so I usually make my way to the right side and I can get in a little quicker. The police are at the bottom of the steps checking bags and patting people down. It is interesting to see how some officers are much more thorough than others. I try to get into the line of the officer that is quickest. At the top of the steps is where the ticket takers are. I can't remember right now I think they just scan the tickets these days.
Enjoy the game.

One final note. The seats are aluminum. In Dec= cold rear. Bring a seat cushion or rent one of the one they have there.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't believe no one has mentioned this yet. The night before the game you MUST go to Fuzzys Shenanigans on Mason street. Fuzzy Thruston owns the place, he will surely be there as will any other past packers as they always stop in and say "hi"

I have had drinks with Fuzzy and his family, met Max McGee (RIP) many times, Bart Starr, Jerry Kramer, Ron Kramer, and a VERY drunk Paul Hornung!

Be sure to check out all the pics in the place. You will see ones that are Fuzzy's own and you wont see them anywhere else. His first Superbowl check is there too.

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you are there on Friday then you should definitely go out for fish fry. I recommend Maricque's on University Avenue. I think they are also open Saturday for lunch but I doubt they have perch then.

You can get very good midwestern thin crust pizza at Frank and Pat's (google location) or Jake's (Main street). The former is really ******* thin.

You can get good and authentic Mexican fast food at Taco Burrito Mexico (love that name). It has a few locations.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OH! What WPR said. Make sure to bring something to sit on, or rent the seat cushion, or your butt will FREEZE! I have done both, brough my own and rented. I prefer the renting, cause it's only like $5, and when the game is over you just leave it there. Then you don't have to carry a cushion with you from your car. WELL worth the $5!!!

Trippster.......how far from Lambeau is Fuzzy's place? Believe it or not, i've never been there. Is it easy to find?

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Make sure to bring something to sit on, or rent the seat cushion, or your butt will FREEZE!

There is a reason you see so many blaze orange hunting suits and snowmobile suits in the stands in December! And it is not because Packer fans like to wear onesies.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
a couple miles north, Cheesy.

You also might want to have dinner the night before at PrimeQuarter's. Great "cook your own" steaks. (and a certain QB's wife tends to show up with out of town guests) ;-)

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
So, I'm thinking I'll be getting to the area on Friday. Do they do stadium tours on Friday and Sat? And if so, how does one sign up for such? Thanks guys!

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, I'm thinking I'll be getting to the area on Friday. Do they do stadium tours on Friday and Sat? And if so, how does one sign up for such? Thanks guys!

They have tours boths days. click the link and go to the packer site for more info.

tour info

You will notice they tell you to get there early as the tour slots fill up fast.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
a couple miles north, Cheesy.

You also might want to have dinner the night before at PrimeQuarter's. Great "cook your own" steaks. (and a certain QB's wife tends to show up with out of town guests) ;-)

on the eve of a game ;)

** edit**

didnt see you put in the night before

dohhhhhhhhhhhh

Members online

Latest posts