Go Pack Go!

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a great game, and Rogers? wow, can't ask for more of him then what he did against a pretty good D. I tell you one thing I feel much better now about our chances this year ;) Go Pack Go!

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
HERE'S TO THE NAY-SAYERS!!

Rodger's should have had three touchdowns in this game and 200+ yards!

80%+ completion percentage??

I can't say I'm surprised at all.

=)

OP
OP
V

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Amen Guys, I admit I was worried about out future with out #4, and I'll admit kicking him to the curb made me angry, but you know what when the chips came down last night. Once a Packer Fan, always a packer fan. I can't wait to see what the rest of this season may hold. Granted it was only one game, but I'm very pleased :D

Marante

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that this team has the potential to do big things this year without favre, I had two concerns, the offensive line and the pressure that has to carry rodgers... the offensive line do a good job protecting rodgers, maybe in a rush plays they can did a best job, but as a first game of the season is ok, and don't forget that the viks defense againts rush plays are very good.... and second, rodgers managed the pressure so good like he did in preseason...
Great game, I believe in this team...
Go packers!!!!

OP
OP
V

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rogers can maintain the efficiency with his passing, and the O-Line can stay healthy, there is no reason we can't win the NFC North, and go deep into the Playoffs. I'm not ready to say NFC Championship, or Super Bowl just yet though.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers looked awesome...he was able to sell the safety really well on the play action on Jenning's 56 yarder, and had a nice pump fake to help Driver on the negated 68 yard TD...defense for the most part looked good, Grant looks to be a lot more than a one year wonder...great start!

TheFrozenTundra1984

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You've gotta feel great for Rodgers, all the crap that he's been through...he was out there looking like he was actually having fun!

starr15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rodgers shown himself worthy for the nfl, and that was all he was asked to do right?
not like he has to win the super bowl. you cant except a win vs. the vikings though, but really, if you dont think so than you try to win the superbowl as qb and tell me its hard as a starting qb

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Veretax said:
If Rogers can maintain the efficiency with his passing, and the O-Line can stay healthy, there is no reason we can't win the NFC North, and go deep into the Playoffs. I'm not ready to say NFC Championship, or Super Bowl just yet though.

i agree with this ... i now olny have 2 concerns ... 1 Rodgers must stay healthy ... 2 how will he handle a hostile crowd ... that being said ,, these are minor concerns ... i feel he will fair well in detroit ... that would be a great place to start on the road ... i mean i bet it doesnt even sell out ... so the crowd shouldent be too bad ... i hope we can take the nfc north ...

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers did fine on Monday night and he will be fine for his career as Green Bay's starting qb. However, he will have his "off" games, as did Favre, so let's not get too high at the nice game last week or too down on him on his first bad one yet to come sometime.
Balance & perspective, folks. Balance & perspective.

starr15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packerlifer said:
Rodgers did fine on Monday night and he will be fine for his career as Green Bay's starting qb. However, he will have his "off" games, as did Favre, so let's not get too high at the nice game last week or too down on him on his first bad one yet to come sometime.
how can you compare aaron rodgers to brett favre, aaron rodgers is starting his first game, and can stand up to dsrronb sharper, considered the best safety in the nfl, and the packers still won, with a dominant offense :clap:

OP
OP
V

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
starr15 said:
Packerlifer said:
how can you compare aaron rodgers to brett favre, aaron rodgers is starting his first game, and can stand up to dsrronb sharper, considered the best safety in the nfl, and the packers still won, with a dominant offense :clap:

Don't let one game build too much pride too soon. He's still in his first year starting. Let's stay humble about it. He did good, but there are 15 games left in this season.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Veretax said:
starr15 said:
Packerlifer said:

Don't let one game build too much pride too soon. He's still in his first year starting. Let's stay humble about it. He did good, but there are 15 games left in this season.

there 18 games left in the Packers' season.

starr15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Veretax said:
starr15 said:
Packerlifer said:

are you kidding me? if aaron rodgers STARTING his first nfl game and hes makin so many good plays against ranked 12 DEFENSE in the nfl and the d-line is number 8 in ther nfl as well

dhazer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All i can say it will be funny when Rodgers has a bad game or yet gets hurt then i want to see all these fans that are so hyped on Rodgers. He's started one game and they are making him sound like the next best thing since cable tv. Gimmie a break guys put your lip gloss away and just pray we win games.

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhazer said:
All i can say it will be funny when Rodgers has a bad game or yet gets hurt then i want to see all these fans that are so hyped on Rodgers. He's started one game and they are making him sound like the next best thing since cable tv. Gimmie a break guys put your lip gloss away and just pray we win games.

If you read carefully, nobody said he was the best thing since sliced bread,YET. We are just happy that he did as well as he did. I and most other fans here expect him to have some bad games alomg the way, but we're not going over to the Jets because of it.

starr15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Balance & perspective, folks. Balance & perspective.[/quote]
how can you compare aaron rodgers to brett favre, aaron rodgers is starting his first game, and can stand up to dsrronb sharper, considered the best safety in the nfl, and the packers still won, with a dominant offense :clap:[/quote]

Don't let one game build too much pride too soon. He's still in his first year starting. Let's stay humble about it. He did good, but there are 15 games left in this season.[/quote]

there 18 games left in the Packers' season.[/quote]
bozz, youre right because aaron rodgers has been proven, and to the packers hes a great qb and to me hes a great qb,so you may not think so but me, and thousands other, im sure think he is

dhazer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz, youre right because aaron rodgers has been proven, and to the packers hes a great qb and to me hes a great qb,so you may not think so but me, and thousands other, im sure think he is

Ok is starr actually cal in hiding? wow maybe rodgers should retire right now so he can go into the hall of fame according to you. gimmie a break it was one game against a 15th ranked defense or i should say a 30th ranked pass defense but i guess you have your lip gloss out so have at it. i believe he will play well this week also because detroit defense sucks plain and simple.

OP
OP
V

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
starr15 said:
Veretax said:
[
are you kidding me? if aaron rodgers STARTING his first nfl game and hes makin so many good plays against ranked 12 DEFENSE in the nfl and the d-line is number 8 in ther nfl as well

Again, you guys need to chill and just enjoy the ride. If Rogers is really our version of Steve Young, then I'm all for it, but we need to not let his performances in these first too games make us complacent or think we've got it figured out. That's what I'm saying. Take off the purely homer glasses. Rogers will make some mistakes, and I'm expecting them, but I'm not downing the guy, just trying to keep our expectations in line.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Veretax said:
starr15 said:
Veretax said:
[

Again, you guys need to chill and just enjoy the ride. If Rogers is really our version of Steve Young, then I'm all for it, but we need to not let his performances in these first too games make us complacent or think we've got it figured out. That's what I'm saying. Take off the purely homer glasses. Rogers will make some mistakes, and I'm expecting them, but I'm not downing the guy, just trying to keep our expectations in line.

I expected him to fold last week when they had 1st and 33 last week and fold this week when they got behind

mateus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
personally i think he has what it takes to make this team a winning team.
championships? lets wait and see. plus, someone on another thread posted that this team which should be utter poo on paper plays well week in and week out and maybe that is the plan. maybe aaron rodgers was the missing piece for this team and not brett favre.

Crweems11

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not worried one tiny bit about this team. Rodgers seems ready to take this team on his back and lead them to a great season. He is a poised and very talented quaterback who will lead us to at least one win over Dallas and prehaps a Super Bowl!

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crweems11 said:
I am not worried one tiny bit about this team. Rodgers seems ready to take this team on his back and lead them to a great season. He is a poised and very talented quaterback who will lead us to at least one win over Dallas and prehaps a Super Bowl!

Welcome to the forum. I'm not worried either. Post often.

Members online

Latest posts