GMs vs The Great Kiper

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absurd statement of the year regarding talent evalution yesterday on ESPN radio.
"Nobody has more to do with what happens to these players after the Senior Bowl than Mel Kiper. They should rename it the Mel Kiper Bowl."
How absurd is this? GMs don't give a **** what Kiper thinks, do they?

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, Kiper's mock drafts are usually off, but when he raises a guy on his big board his draft status will usually go up a few picks. However, most of that probably has to do with talking to scouts and seeing what players the teams like and adjusting his board accordingly.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure NO ONE was talking up Jay Cutler last year till Chris Simms mentioned him on the Dan Patrick Show.

Then all of the sudden he exploded into the upper first round.

OP
OP
H

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Toronto_Cheesehead said:
Well, Kiper's mock drafts are usually off, but when he raises a guy on his big board his draft status will usually go up a few picks. However, most of that probably has to do with talking to scouts and seeing what players the teams like and adjusting his board accordingly.
Chicken vs. Egg

OP
OP
H

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
I'm pretty sure NO ONE was talking up Jay Cutler last year till Chris Simms mentioned him on the Dan Patrick Show.

Then all of the sudden he exploded into the upper first round.
Phil Simms?

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mel has been wrong soooo many times.

I was seriously worried about Greg Jennings when Mel was singing his praises during the draft. Jennings was #2 receiver on Mel's board last year.

Mel studies the players and has some knowledge about them. He really misses on knowledge of the NFL and what each team needs.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I was seriously worried about Greg Jennings when Mel was singing his praises during the draft. Jennings was #2 receiver on Mel's board last year.

Mel studies the players and has some knowledge about them. He really misses on knowledge of the NFL and what each team needs.

"I'll see you at his hall of fame induction"-Mel Kipers words on WR Mike Williams upon the draft.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to agree w/ Cheez. It is a wonder that Mel can continue to make a living.
It is so tiresome to listen to him ramble on like he does. Esp on draft day. If he could he would try and convince us that he invented the game of football. (and then that he invented the internet.)

OP
OP
H

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He ruins perfectly good sat. morn sports radio. He also claims to be an NFL historian, and I know that I for one ( and I'm sure many on this forum ), could run circles around him in NFL history trivia. He didn't know that Doug Williams led the Skins to a SB title in 88.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:

"I'll see you at his hall of fame induction"-Mel Kipers words on WR Mike Williams upon the draft.

Almost as good as "the Colts will never live down taking Peyton Manning over Ryan Leaf."

Kiper's a clown.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:
CaliforniaCheez said:

Almost as good as "the Colts will never live down taking Peyton Manning over Ryan Leaf."

Kiper's a clown.

He ACTUALLY said that? BAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd love to have his job.

You or anyone of us are well enough qualified. We do the same thing evey day on message boards. Now, if only I could get my hair to look like a bear rug....

Schmitty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even though Kiper drives me crazy, he does know a hell of a lot about up and coming players. I would however like to kick his *** for being such a doush bag.

Members online

Latest posts