GM has improved Packers, but by how much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cliff, you are dilusional. Winning? Winning what?

You throw out such deeply thought out tidbits like "the Packers were a 10-6 team regularly making the playoffs when Ted Thompson took over in January 2005".

WOW! Thanks for that!

I mean let's have a party! No, a parade!!

And guys. Let's not get concerned that we were 12-4 a couple years before that and maybe, just maybe, we're going in the wrong direction. Never mind Brett Favre isn't getting any younger. Nor that the Bears have taken over the North.

We shouldn't worry that they had drafted like 15 starters between 2000 and '05 while we hadn't added crap and now they're kicking our ***.

After all we were 10-6 in '04! Hell. I'll drink to that.

You know I feel sorry for those that think we were a good team in '04 and that we were headed in the right direction and there wasn't any trouble brewing there on the horizon. La, la, la, la, la, I love you.

Maybe I shouldn't feel that way though. Living in REALITY can be harsh and cruel at times. Maybe they are the lucky ones and for that I guess they are winning.

Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Well, I say it's best if we all get back to the original thread topic. :)

That is a splendid idea. How are we to do such a thing with a poster who will dredge up quotes that were never said while claiming a writer provided those quotes?

We both have issues with the quote.

I'll give Cliff the opportunity to respond though.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

That is a splendid idea. How are we to do such a thing with a poster who will dredge up quotes that were never said while claiming a writer provided those quotes?

My opinion, someone who goes to those lengths to tarnish someone's employment does not deserve a chance to respond. Think about what it took for him to do that, you'll understand. He didn't simply pull a newspaper name out of his ***, he didn't jus pull a name out of his ***, he FOUND a paper he FOUND a writer. Luckily, this time the farce was caught.

What about next time?

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the most ridiculous thread I've ever seen...

....behind the one that got deleted last night where a poster that will go unnamed said that all people that go to rap concerts have bad judgment and deserve to get shot.

Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

My opinion, someone who goes to those lengths to tarnish someone's employment does not deserve a chance to respond. Think about what it took for him to do that, you'll understand. He didn't simply pull a newspaper name out of his ***, he didn't jus pull a name out of his ***, he FOUND a paper he FOUND a writer. Luckily, this time the farce was caught.

What about next time?

I gotta give you props though zero, I was thinking of following up that quote, but you actually did. Bravo.

I have to admit, when I first read that quote, I was taken aback by the idea that Holmgren would actually say that because it is so out of character.

I just hope cliff doesn't say that those comments were made off the record or something and gives the truth, even if it means admitting he lied.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I gotta give you props though zero, I was thinking of following up that quote, but you actually did. Bravo.

I have to admit, when I first read that quote, I was taken aback by the idea that Holmgren would actually say that because it is so out of character.

I just hope cliff doesn't say that those comments were made off the record or something and gives the truth, even if it means admitting he lied.

The whole thing jus kind of ... sucks. Just shows you can't trust anyone.

Per the thread topic, yes the GM has improved the team. The team was ready to fall off the cliff and Harlan seen it coming, he did what any successful person in his position does. He made changes.

edit, person, not perosn

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is actually good theatre....

What is going to happen?

How is this going to end?

Was the integrity of the Forum tarnished? Or will Cliff be exonerated?

The story is coming to an end and it is a Cliff Hanger.... or will it truly end up as a "CLIFF" Hanger?

Stay tuned one and all.

Cliff

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cliff, you are dilusional. Winning? Winning what?

You throw out such deeply thought out tidbits like "the Packers were a 10-6 team regularly making the playoffs when Ted Thompson took over in January 2005".

WOW! Thanks for that!

I mean let's have a party! No, a parade!!

And guys. Let's not get concerned that we were 12-4 a couple years before that and maybe, just maybe, we're going in the wrong direction. Never mind Brett Favre isn't getting any younger. Nor that the Bears have taken over the North.

We shouldn't worry that they had drafted like 15 starters between 2000 and '05 while we hadn't added crap and now they're kicking our ***.

After all we were 10-6 in '04! Hell. I'll drink to that.

You know I feel sorry for those that think we were a good team in '04 and that we were headed in the right direction and there wasn't any trouble brewing there on the horizon. La, la, la, la, la, I love you.

Maybe I shouldn't feel that way though. Living in REALITY can be harsh and cruel at times. Maybe they are the lucky ones and for that I guess they are winning.

Here we go again another poster misconceiving what my point was on the original post.

My point was that the 2004 Packers were a better team than the 2006 Packers. Which is absolutely true. So in 2 years the Packers haven't gained anything with Ted Thompson as GM.

Of course the clock is still ticking. Ted Thompson has 3 more years left on his contract and a scapegoat (Mike McCarthy) in position.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My point was that the 2004 Packers were a better team than the 2006 Packers. Which is absolutely true.

Yay, passing off opinion as fact. Another packerforum.com classic.

Cliff

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Per the thread topic, yes the GM has improved the team.

Absolutely not true! The 2004 Packers were definately better than the 2006 Packers. The most casual of football observers can see that as clear as day.

I was falsely accused of being bitter about Ted Thompson by Tromadz and he claimed it made him nervous. The way you are kissing Ted Thompsons *** is making me nervous.

Is it too hard for you to face reality?

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Per the thread topic, yes the GM has improved the team.

Absolutely not true! The 2004 Packers were definately better than the 2006 Packers. The most casual of football observers can see that as clear as day.

I was falsely accused of being bitter about Ted Thompson by Tromadz and he claimed it made him nervous. The way you are kissing Ted Thompsons *** is making me nervous.

Are you gonna fake some more quotes to prove this lie?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Whose reality? Your reality or real world reality?

and to calrify, i didnt say nervous, i said uncomfortable.

me standing on the edge of a building = nervous
me standing next to 2 gay guys = uncomfortable

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not picking sides in this little pissing contest, but I'm wondering what people are questioning as to comparing the 2004 Packers to the 2006 Packers.

In 2004, the Packers were 10-6, won their division and made it to the playoffs.

In 2006, the Packers were 8-8, second place in their division and didn't make it to the playoffs.

As far as I know, this is the only measuring stick for assessing a team's performance that the NFL uses. Don't know it for a fact, but if the majority of the population was asked to name which of these teams they thought were better, I know which one I'd put my money on.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well in 2004, the nfc north was a joke, and GB had aging players with expensive contracts. How did the playoffs end up in 04?

Reaction score
Cliff has been suspended/banned until further notice.

To do what he did is inappropriate and unacceptable here. He has violated forum rules: 1) Flaming material to get a response, 2) making up claims to further get a response, and finally 3) going after members because of their opinion.

That is going low, and hopefully it won't happen in the future. Zero, I'll start a new thread with your first post.

Let me thank Zero for taking the effort to expose the lie of cliff. I don't know why one would stoop so low, but hopefully it won't happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts