1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Give Flynn a chance now

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by rodell330, Nov 18, 2013.

1. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,377 / 86 / -17
    Packer Fan Since:
    Neither Flynn, Wallace or Tolzien or anywhere close to Rodgers. Change?? Yeah well I change my underwear everyday and sometimes I see the same $hit... literally. The answer in the short term(and long term for that matter) is for the Packers as a whole to grow a bigger set. This team has gotten use to Rodgers carrying them.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  2. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,286 / 51 / -15
    OK that is TMI territory.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +831 / 174 / -43
    Packer Fan Since:
    I'll kill all this noise by saying this...sometimes you are only as good as your resources.
  4. jaybadger82

jaybadger82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +342 / 20 / -6
    Packer Fan Since:
    With the defense showing so little the past couple weeks, I think our chances of making a playoff run depend on Rodgers coming back. IMO, the best thing that can come out of this whole injury debacle is that the Packers find a long-term solution at backup QB.

I think Tolzein represents the best option in that regard. He's younger than Flynn and has no history of tendinitis. In limited action, he passes the eye test but must learn to avoid big mistakes. I believe Tolzien can get better with more time on the roster and I expect we can keep him around for a few years. I say test drive him for as long as this Rodgers injury permits.

I haven't seen enough from Flynn since 2011 to think he really improves our chances after just a week or two back with the team. Basically, I'm more intrigued by the limited upside of a relatively unknown quantity like Tolzien than a retread that has lost his luster in Flynn. (Sorry, Matt.)
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Whatthehellsgoinonouthere

Whatthehellsgoinonouthere Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +42 / 66 / -8
    Packer Fan Since:
    There are questions about the health of Matt Flynn's elbow and possibly shoulder on his throwing arm. If this is the case it would be beyond stupid to put him in a full game situation, even for one game. Until the health of his arm is known a backup or when Aaron gets back Emergency only QB role is best right now. IF the arm is healthy, I agree with the original poster, if not, NO WAY do I want Flynn in the game.
  6. 16ga

16ga Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    too many people think out backups should play like a star. yes flynn did good for us in the past but if we was as good as some people seem to think he'd be starting for someone else. tolzien is our qb for now. giving the situation im really not worried about his preformance so far. flynn wont play unless tolzien goes down and i dontvwant to see us lose another qb.
  7. bear7625

bear7625 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -1
    Tolzein and Flynn are not the answer. ST and D have to step forward and prove they want to win!
  8. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,544 / 76 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:
  9. CW21NumeroUno

CW21NumeroUno Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13 / 2 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    to tell u the truth, i dont Rodgers back unless his collarbone is fully healed and not jeopardizing his career if he gets hit again. Look, i understand its hard not to see the packers in the playoffs but to be honest, with this D, we will just see another one and done and IMO,rushing Rodgers back just to make the playoffs with not much hope of winning it all isnt worth it. We need to beef up this D.
    • Agree Agree x 1