Clifton vs. Umenyiora

Tauscher vs. Strahan

Al Harris vs. Plaxico Burress

Woodson vs. Toomer

input

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Interior of our Oline vs the DT for the Giants and the blitz's.

Giants secondary vs Farve and the Recievers... with the injuries they have.. it should prove for a difficult game for them.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Packers are better. Eli Manning in the cold is going to be an interesting development in this game. I think the pass rush is very strong but they had to blitz to get pressure today and the packers took care of the Seahawks pass rush. I think the Packers ability to run the ball this time around helps them.

To me both teams are better than what they were in week 2. It should be a fun game to watch. First meeting in the playoffs since I think 1962 they said.

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clifton vs. Umenyiora
You know I see this as a pretty even battle. I see Clifton winning some and Umenyiora winning some.

Tauscher vs. Strahan
I say advantage Tauscher on this one. Both of them are a little ginger with injuries late in the season, but the Giants have played each week and the bye really helped Tauscher's health. I actually see Strahan missing a great deal of snaps in this upcoming game.

Al Harris vs. Plaxico Burress
I tell you what... Manning and Plaxico have a weird dynamic. Sometimes they make a huge play that changes the game, and other times, they are just not on the same page. Manning overthrew him at least two times tonight which is odd given Plaxico's height advantage. He doesn't seem that physical though this season so I see advantage Al on this one.

Woodson vs. Toomer
I think Toomer is a great WR. This will be a competitive match up I think. I know Toomer will catch some balls because he is just a guy you can't take out of the game but I give the slight advantage to Woodson here because he is very physical and that will wear Toomer out after a while I think.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
If I am the Packers I jam Plax all day long.. with the ankle he can't get off the jam very well.. take that dimension out of the game.. he is the big strike for that team along with Toomer.

fvre4mvp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eli vs Lambeau Crowd
Eli has to be perfect or the crowd will get in his head. It was nuts yesterday so it will be 25X more insane on sunday.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I am the Packers I jam Plax all day long.. with the ankle he can't get off the jam very well.. take that dimension out of the game.. he is the big strike for that team along with Toomer.

The Packers get into every receivers face. I don't think they're going to treat Plaxico any different.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Matchups are interesting, but I believe in the McCarthy game plan. I can McCarthy planning something special for the Giants. This young team is awfully focused and vergy talented. I expect a win.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre's gonna eat up Webster and McQuarters. Romo didn't take advantage of a beat up secondary.
Also Bigby putting fear into Plaxico and Toomer

I think this is something their WRs will be fearing. Bigby was an absolute beast yesterday. I expect the Giants WR to drop a pass or 2 just by hearing Bigby's footsteps.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Key matchups...

Me, my beer, and the fact I'm not going to have a voice on the car ride home.

GO PACKERS!

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eli vs Lambeau Crowd
Eli has to be perfect or the crowd will get in his head. It was nuts yesterday so it will be 25X more insane on sunday.

The Giants have won nine consecutive road games. That is Patriotesque.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll say the same thing about the Giants and Cowboys that Isaid about the Hawks, as I was watching the game I just didn't see anything in either of those teams that scared me. I think we can handle anything they throw at us offensively and defensively.

BadKarma

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting comments all, esp your takes on the key match ups. Look, the Packers have a Time tested Veteran QB of almost God Like status and the game is going to be played at Lambeau.... Plexico is a former Steeler and a good one but not a great one.

I read all of your comments but couldnt find mention of your previous beatdown of the Giants in their house by a score of 35-13. What gives? Seriously. I'm here scratching my head here. I knew what was going to happen to the seahawks as my Steelers gave them the same kind of beatdown in their house,and the Packers are hitting on all 8 cylinders right now.
I didnt watch that game in week 2, I believe, but remember catching glimpses of it at my sportsbar in Florida. It was then that I thought, "wow, what if Favre has a phenom season this year????" Boomshackalacka! here it is.

Ok,back to this game 2 this season. What happend? There are your match ups right there. Am I missing something?

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting comments all, esp your takes on the key match ups. Look, the Packers have a Time tested Veteran QB of almost God Like status and the game is going to be played at Lambeau.... Plexico is a former Steeler and a good one but not a great one.

I read all of your comments but couldnt find mention of your previous beatdown of the Giants in their house by a score of 35-13. What gives? Seriously. I'm here scratching my head here. I knew what was going to happen to the seahawks as my Steelers gave them the same kind of beatdown in their house,and the Packers are hitting on all 8 cylinders right now.
I didnt watch that game in week 2, I believe, but remember catching glimpses of it at my sportsbar in Florida. It was then that I thought, "wow, what if Favre has a phenom season this year????" Boomshackalacka! here it is.

Ok,back to this game 2 this season. What happend? There are your match ups right there. Am I missing something?

What happened? MM made some half-time adjustments that completely ruined the Giants. They came into the half leading 10-7, then we immediately scored and never looked back.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy vs. Coughlin.

This could be a cerebral game of wits sort of like Xavier vs Magneto...

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone else have a feeling Greg Jennings - James Jones will be our Marvin Harrison - Reggie Wayne duo for the years to come?

Reaction score
DTs Pickett/Harrell/Williams/Jenkins vs. Brandon Jacobs AND Ahmad Bradshaw

- The last time the Packers played the Giants, the Giants were without their top RB and Bradshaw had yet to emerge. Despite not facing them, the Packers allowed the Giants starting RB that game, Derrick Ward, to rush for 90 yards on 15 carries. That is a whopping 6.0 YPC average. The Packers have to do a better job, and with Johnny Jolly out, it is up to Harrell to pick up the slack. Pickett and Harrell are big bodies best suited for stopping the run, and I'd say Harrell is coming off his best game as a Packer, so this bodes as a positive for the Packers.

But Jacobs and Bradshaw are good runners, and the last thing we can afford is having Barnett start over pursuing. Gap control will be of utmost importance.

Greg Jennings/K-Rob/Ruvell Martin vs Giants secondary

- Last time we played the Giants, we were without Greg and K-Rob, and Ruvell was not playing up to the level he has recently. The Giants secondary is beat-up, and it will be up to these WRs to exploit the match-up advantages that should result.

Packers O-line vs Giants D-line

- In week 2, the Packers o-line was sub-par overall. They were downright terrible in run blocking, and average at best against the pass, but even then had pass pro breakdowns.

In run blocking, it seemed on more than a couple of instances, the Giants players were in the back-field an instant after Favre handed the ball off to RB B-Jack. That was with a Giants D-Line featuring an out-of-football-shape Strahan, and an injured Osi Umenyiora. Fred Robbins also seemed to get the best of our Guards that day.

The best thing that can be said is that the same o-line starters that played in the Week 2 win had their best game against the Seahawks, who blitz with their LBs somewhat similar to how the Giants like to blitz.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep in mind, last time we played the Giants, we didn't have Gregorious Jennings nor Koren Robinson. AND Ryan Grant wasn't getting any carries, and the ZBS was a mess.

Jeremy Shockey was causing us problems. He's out. Plus, their DBs are pretty banged up.

Plus, Atari Bigby hadn't emerged yet. In the last four regular season games, he finally became the man we expected him to become. Look how he was against Seattle. He's become a hard-hitting MONSTER.

I think it's safe to say that we'll at least double the point spread. Vegas are dumb for making it that low. They're gonna lose a lot of money. I really should make a trip there, put down a bunch of money, and take Mrs. Z on a cruise with the winnings. It's too bad I have to work.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Keep in mind, last time we played the Giants, we didn't have Gregorious Jennings nor Koren Robinson. AND Ryan Grant wasn't getting any carries, and the ZBS was a mess.

Jeremy Shockey was causing us problems. He's out. Plus, their DBs are pretty banged up.

Plus, Atari Bigby hadn't emerged yet. In the last four regular season games, he finally became the man we expected him to become. Look how he was against Seattle. He's become a hard-hitting MONSTER.

I think it's safe to say that we'll at least double the point spread. Vegas are dumb for making it that low. They're gonna lose a lot of money. I really should make a trip there, put down a bunch of money, and take Mrs. Z on a cruise with the winnings. It's too bad I have to work.

The giants D-line wasnt no where near as good as it is now..

If the o-l can handle the blitzes and the rush form the Giants line, then Brett should be able to pick apart their banged up secondary..Thats is the only worry I have..

Our D wont have any problems with their offense..

Just our o-l taking care of Brett.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts