"Giants" - Thread

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
had a little problem in the software and I deleted this thread on accident, sorry everyone.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmm. I'm gonna stay away from any "trom for mod" references here. Oops. Never mind. lol

But since there's such a clutter of threads today, I'll put this little tidbit here, and refrain from starting a new one. :D

Woodson allowed less than 50 percent of the passes thrown against him to be completed and didn't allow a touchdown pass.

LINK

Wow. That's an amazing stat right there.

MattDC06

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it all right to be nervous?

I was ecstatic when the Giants won, I mean, the NFC Championship at Lambeau? Too good to be true. And i would perfer the Packers play the Giants.

But, the high for the game is supposed to be like 4 degrees. It's going to be FREEZING. And i remember the 2nd Bears game. It was also freezing and we weren't playing too hot.

Also, like 10 road wins in a row for that Giants? Thats good.

What I'm nervous about the most are our special teams...

I just need you guys to tell me all will be all right..

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem in the Bears game was wind. It is not expected to be windy in Green Bay on Sunday. So the wind chill actually won't be as bad as it was in that game, and more importantly, you won't see passes and long snaps arriving about six feet from where they were aimed.

The ball does tend to be a little more slick in cold weather, but as long as the wind is not too strong, the Packers should be able to do most of what they like to do on offense. I don't expect the weather to be a problem.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I talked with Cheesey at Lambeau prior to the Seahawks game and we both expressed our nervousness as to the outcome.
I'm no less nervous today than I was then.
Virtually everyone is picking the Packers, could they all be wrong?
Hopefully we get off to a good start to relieve some of my anxiety.
I need a beer or two but it's too early.
I can't get this game off my mind.
Will tomorrow ever come?

Whoops that went into the wrong thread!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep Yoop!
I was nervous.......not quite as much this week though. After watching our boys put a smack down on the Seahawks.

And......
All this "Giants won blah blah blah straight away games". Well, WE have won 8 of 9 home games this year, and 14 of 17 total. Take away the 2 "freak" Bears games, and that becomes 14 of 15. The ONLY home game we lost was way back in week 5! And that was only by ONE touchdown.

Don't lose track of those facts!

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep Yoop!
I was nervous.......not quite as much this week though. After watching our boys put a smack down on the Seahawks.

And......
All this "Giants won blah blah blah straight away games". Well, WE have won 8 of 9 home games this year, and 14 of 17 total. Take away the 2 "freak" Bears games, and that becomes 14 of 15. The ONLY home game we lost was way back in week 5! And that was only by ONE touchdown.

Thank you for your support!
I need all the reassurance I can get!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Yep Yoop!

And......

Well, all i hear on the news is how the Giants won all those away games......most of them were against less then stellar teams. If you go back to the last 4 games of last season, we are 18-3 during that stretch! I can see, they think the Giants is a "feel good" story, so they keep harping on that. But what about FAVRE? Isn't that a "feel good" story? The "old man" leading a team of youngin's to the SUPER BOWL, where they get a chance to knock off the EVIL undefeated Pats?
Hey.....after being there last week, i think our chances are pretty darn good knocking off the Giants. Yes, anything can happen, but i like our chances on OUR field. The fans screaming will be a big plus for us too.
Yoop.....have you ever heard the stadium so loud as it was last week? My ears were ringing after the game!

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
cheesey said:
Yep Yoop!

And......

Well, all i hear on the news is how the Giants won all those away games......most of them were against less then stellar teams. If you go back to the last 4 games of last season, we are 18-3 during that stretch! I can see, they think the Giants is a "feel good" story, so they keep harping on that. But what about FAVRE? Isn't that a "feel good" story? The "old man" leading a team of youngin's to the SUPER BOWL, where they get a chance to knock off the EVIL undefeated Pats?
Hey.....after being there last week, i think our chances are pretty darn good knocking off the Giants. Yes, anything can happen, but i like our chances on OUR field. The fans screaming will be a big plus for us too.
Yoop.....have you ever heard the stadium so loud as it was last week? My ears were ringing after the game!

No Cheesey, I have never heard it that loud.
That was simply amazing.
As I said I lost my voice while trying to contribute. I'm finally getting it back today.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It sure was fun Yoop, hey???
I wish i could relive that feeling all the time......it gave me goose bumps!

Members online

Latest posts