Giants at Lambeau for the playoffs in 2012?

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Yeah... see, that's the only time I would give the Niners the edge playing GB in the NFCCG. Their defense and running game is just built better for playing in the ice and snow. Bad weather will take much of the Pack's passing game away and their running game will not beat the Niner D.

The Saints are a pass only team with no D. They would be much easier for the Pack to beat in the snow.

49ers don't play in the snow, but we do. I don't think the Niners would be able to handle it in Lambeau snow or not, considering how Washington could have easily came back and beat them had they had a quarterback.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
I don't think bad weather favors any particular team. Once the teams get going it just becomes another element you deal with and forget about.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jules, you're gonna have to explain yourself here. What exactly do you mean "the 49ers play in California all year"? Their home is in CA, yes. But there are 8 more games that are NOT played in CA.

The thing is, in the modern NFL, I don't think any team is truly weather hardened. Yes a few teams in the north like GB play a one or two games at home in Nov/Dec snowy conditions, but we're talking about the depths of winter now... late January. Sub-zero Ice Bowl cold. Nobody is really ready for that. And most teams including the Packers have indoor practice facilities. AND, in todays NFL, a lot of players don't even live where they play. Aaron Rodgers is a native Californian who lives in SAN DIEGO!! So, nobody is really used to it.

And it's a time tested fact in the NFL that passing games suffer and running games rule supreme in the kind of weather I'm talking about.
Two things I want to point out from your post.
1) Yes the Pack does practice inside. However they do turn on the AC in winter. Or whatever it is that makes the place really cold.
(Since they do not want to cause any damage to the sacred, fragile frozen tundra, last season they made a special practice trip to the Metrodome when the roof caved in and snow was on the field. As you can see, it helped.)

2) During the season A-Rod, (As I call my boy since we are on a first name basis together even though he doesn't know my name, yet. I'm working on that.) lives in Green Bay as well as all the other players during the football season. (I don't think he commutes to SD right after every game. Does he?)
So he should be used to the cold Wisconsin winters by now.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Two things I want to point out from your post.
1) Yes the Pack does practice inside. However they do turn on the AC in winter. Or whatever it is that makes the place really cold.
(Since they do not want to cause any damage to the sacred, fragile frozen tundra, last season they made a special practice trip to the Metrodome when the roof caved in and snow was on the field. As you can see, it helped.)

2) During the season A-Rod, (As I call my boy since we are on a first name basis together even though he doesn't know my name, yet. I'm working on that.) lives in Green Bay as well as all the other players during the football season. (I don't think he commutes to SD right after every game. Does he?)
So he should be used to the cold Wisconsin winters by now.
One thing I want to point out. The frozen tundra is not frozen. It's heated from underneath and the heat is turned on during the games. Any Packer fan worth their salt knows that.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_Lambeau_Field_heated

Second, no team went to he Metrodome after the roof caved in. It was deemed unsafe to be in and the only people allowed in were worker. Nice try though.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd actually argue Drew Brees would be better adapted to play us in January compared to Alex Smith. Stronger arm in bad weather would be helpful. Well Giants at 49ers next week so we get to see how each team plays against elite NFC competition.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah... see, that's the only time I would give the Niners the edge playing GB in the NFCCG. Their defense and running game is just built better for playing in the ice and snow. Bad weather will take much of the Pack's passing game away and their running game will not beat the Niner D.

The Saints are a pass only team with no D. They would be much easier for the Pack to beat in the snow.

Define "Bad Weather." Rodgers historically has had some of his best games when it's ridiculously cold, and yesterday he threw for 276 yards and 4 TD's in the rain against San Diego.

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im from jersey and i absolutely HATE the giants.. HATEEE them with a freaking passion its unreal. so my worst nightmare would be for us to lose on dec 4th because i would never hear the end of it..i want to DISMANTLE them like last year

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Define "Bad Weather." Rodgers historically has had some of his best games when it's ridiculously cold, and yesterday he threw for 276 yards and 4 TD's in the rain against San Diego.
I thought I said it before... actually I know I did. But that's OK.

And folks, I'm well aware of the heating system below the field. I've been cheering for the Pack since the 70's!!! If I'm not mistaken, the Bears have the same thing.

Here's a good example of what I'm talking about.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well Giants at 49ers next week so we get to see how each team plays against elite NFC competition.

Yup. Giants @ 49ers next week
49ers @ Ravens on Thanksgiving
Steelers @ 49ers in week 15

The Niners will have plenty of chances to prove to football fans that their contenders or pretenders. We'll see.

And how 'bout that Thankgiving day lineup?!?! Can you ever remember a better schedule for great football on Turkey Day? I'm stoked about it.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love to see a rematch from 2007... If we were to win it would take away the sting from that 2007 loss
You know the TV drill.
Showing the same old Ice Bowl QB sneak replay at least 30 times like they always do for every Packers playoff at a winter Lambeau.
And then showing the high lights from '07.
I wanna hear the commentators going nuts for Aaron like they did for BrINT.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

And how 'bout that Thankgiving day lineup?!?! Can you ever remember a better schedule for great football on Turkey Day? I'm stoked about it.

Yep, can't wait for the Dolphin - Cowboy game. Probably take that time to get back up north to hunting camp to watch the nightcap.

sped2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AND, in todays NFL, a lot of players don't even live where they play. Aaron Rodgers is a native Californian who lives in SAN DIEGO!! So, nobody is really used to it.

Doesn't he have a place in Suamico, too? My dad says that he comes into his work during the summer occasionally.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
49ers @ Ravens on Thanksgiving
Steelers @ 49ers in week 15

The Niners will have plenty of chances to prove to football fans that their contenders or pretenders. We'll see.

And how 'bout that Thankgiving day lineup?!?! Can you ever remember a better schedule for great football on Turkey Day? I'm stoked about it.[/quote]

Holy ****... that is a crazy schedule for the niners.

Man if they are able to win 2/3 of those games... watch out

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Something I hadn't realized until checking out the Giants more closely. The Giants have actually played more NFC West teams so far than the Niners have.
They beat the Lambs 28-16.
They beat the Cards 31-27.
And they LOST in their own house to the Seahags 25-36.
They've also lost the Redskins and just barely beat the Dolphins by 3 points.

I don't see any signs of an elite team there. Hopefully the Niners are taking the Giants far more seriously than I am. I think you're far more likely to see the Cowpukes or Beagles get to the playoffs.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Something I hadn't realized until checking out the Giants more closely. The Giants have actually played more NFC West teams so far than the Niners have.
They beat the Lambs 28-16.
They beat the Cards 31-27.
And they LOST in their own house to the Seahags 25-36.
They've also lost the Redskins and just barely beat the Dolphins by 3 points.

I don't see any signs of an elite team there. Hopefully the Niners are taking the Giants far more seriously than I am. I think you're far more likely to see the Cowpukes or Beagles get to the playoffs.

yea but the giants might be meshing now

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
LOL! Not a snowballs chance in hell. Ain't gonna happen, bro.

I'm actually a 31 year old female. ;)

BTW my gut says Giants right now and I have to start trusting my gut more, which has been more right then my head latley. Also, the Niners won't go 15-1 either will they?

A Giants fan buddy of mine told me before the Pats game that the Giants would beat the Pats/Niners. I might have to trust him but I will talk to him more soon.

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OOPS! Sorry!!
I'm trying to stay somewhat conservative and not act like a total homer by saying the Niners will go 15-1... but they could... maybe... possibly. It's more likely the Pack goes 16-0.

Honestly, I don't believe the Giants have a prayer this weekend.
The Ravens and Steelers make me a little nervous.

Members online

Latest posts