Giants are the favorites to win it all now

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After what these giants have shown me in the past two playoff games, they are indeed the favorites to win it all. They will roll through the niners, and than beat the ravens/patriots in the SB.

As a patriots fan, i pray the giants do not make the superbowl. I won't be able to take another heart breaker at the hands of the giants and eli manning.

On a side note, too bad none of the receivers came to play today. Rodgers was the only one in the offense who really came to play (And driver). Sure rodgers was rusty (3 weeks off does that), but he ****ing rushed for 68 yards and still threw some really nice balls (that the WR'S)couldn't catch..

PLEASE niners take care of the giants. Pleaseee

NYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After what these giants have shown me in the past two playoff games, they are indeed the favorites to win it all. They will roll through the niners, and than beat the ravens/patriots in the SB.

As a patriots fan, i pray the giants do not make the superbowl. I won't be able to take another heart breaker at the hands of the giants and eli manning.

On a side note, too bad none of the receivers came to play today. Rodgers was the only one in the offense who really came to play (And driver). Sure rodgers was rusty (3 weeks off does that), but he ******* rushed for 68 yards and still threw some really nice balls (that the WR'S)couldn't catch..

PLEASE niners take care of the giants. Pleaseee

Listen, as a NYG fan, the team I do NOT want to play is the Patriots. As Packers fans learned today, it is VERY hard to beat a team twice in a year -- no less a team you beat in the Superbowl that was 16-0.

OP
OP
W

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Listen, as a NYG fan, the team I do NOT want to play is the Patriots. As Packers fans learned today, it is VERY hard to beat a team twice in a year -- no less a team you beat in the Superbowl that was 16-0.

Oh come on now! The giants own my team. First during the superbowl... than earlier this year. Your defense just rattles brady. The only way we MIGHT win (huge if), is if brady o-line plays LIGHTS OUT the whole game. Even than though, we most likely lose. I think the giants have a physical enough defense to stop the TE combo of hernandez and gronkz. You guys completely shut down welker the last time we played as well. Hell, eli manning almost ALWAYS chucks a throw and a WR makes an unbelievable catch. I wish my team was able to do that. Obviously this is all a moot point if the patriots don't get past the ravens...

I don't know how you guys do it, but the giants EPITOMIZE playing like **** in the regular season, than once the playoffs roll around, they are a completely different SUPERBOWL caliber team. Too bad the jets can't learn from them haha.

I pray the niners take care of you guys next weekend. If not, you guys will be hoisting that trophy (and i hope its not against us). I can't take another heart breaking defeat in the superbowl. I might quit sports altogether (first federer and his heart breaking defeats to nadal in grand slam finals... than my basketball team...)

NYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh come on now! The giants own my team. First during the superbowl... than earlier this year. Your defense just rattles brady. The only way we MIGHT win (huge if), is if brady o-line plays LIGHTS OUT the whole game. Even than though, we most likely lose. I think the giants have a physical enough defense to stop the TE combo of hernandez and gronkz. You guys completely shut down welker the last time we played as well. Hell, eli manning almost ALWAYS chucks a throw and a WR makes an unbelievable catch. I wish my team was able to do that. Obviously this is all a moot point if the patriots don't get past the ravens...

I don't know how you guys do it, but the giants EPITOMIZE playing like **** in the regular season, than once the playoffs roll around, they are a completely different SUPERBOWL caliber team. Too bad the jets can't learn from them haha.

I pray the niners take care of you guys next weekend. If not, you guys will be hoisting that trophy (and i hope its not against us). I can't take another heart breaking defeat in the superbowl. I might quit sports altogether (first federer and his heart breaking defeats to nadal in grand slam finals... than my basketball team...)

I'm telling you -- beating NE will be VERY difficult -- Belichik is brilliant and may be able to take a garbage defense and create enough chaos to win one game

OP
OP
W

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm telling you -- beating NE will be VERY difficult -- Belichik is brilliant and may be able to take a garbage defense and create enough chaos to win one game
Meh, i just don't see it happening man. The giants are firing on all cylinders. They will SHUT DOWN brady and the offense, you just watch.

And man... eli manning always gets lucky on those hailmary's. If we beat the ravens, I HOPE you guys are not in the SB. I would probably fall into a coma if we lose again..

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Giant fan jumping in here. I also think beating NE again would be very tough. I would not go in to that game comfortable at all. Although I do agree, Brady is an awesome QB but his lack of mobility does make him 'rattle-able"

We still gotta get there though. 49ers are no push over

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score

True but it happens often. Not saying this is even going to be the SB. But, the Pats are a lot like the Packers too. Bottom of the league D and top of the league passing game.

Also when the Giants played in NE this year they were missing Nicks/Bradshaw and I think JPP was hurting.

Most picked the Giants to lose too. The Pats were coming off a loss to the Steelers and nobody thought Brady and company could lose two in a row and especially at home to a banged up Giants team.

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you have to understand outside of the brash giants fans, a majority of the fanbase does not handle success well. We would rather be counted out and given no shot than to be considered the favorites. I hate when the talking heads pump us up in the media.

I'm not even worried about a possible super bowl right now. San Fran is going to be a formidable opponent. Supposedly on the plane ride back to NY a few players were already looking at tape of SF so I think they know we have our work cut out for us.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Giants do seem to have the Pats number but that game still may not even happen.

Pats are the faves to win it all now.

Lets face it though. Both teams have a tough game this weekend. Niners can play strong D and can pound the rock. Eli will have to bring his A game to SF. They nearly pulled it out earlier this year though but the stakes were not as high.

Pats looked lovely vs. the Broncos but be honest. Thats the Broncos. A team relying on miracle wins all season.

Brady said today the Ravens are the best team they will have played yet this year. I think the Giants or Steelers are up there for consideration as well. But, Brady is talking up the Ravens A LOT more then he did the Broncos and how amazing some of their defensive players are. Bill B. has always had a man crush on Ed Reed too. The Ravens even in losses vs. NE keep it close usually.

I would not bet money on either of these games. All 4 teams are hungry to be in the SB.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I can easily see Pats/Giants happening again though. This again? And of course Peyton would be shown every 4 seconds again in this one as he cheers on Eli.

Really THIS again?!

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
From Vegas, New England is a 3 1/2 favorite.

Thats close.

In 2007 it started at like 14 but I felt the Giants were always going to win and won money off it.

I am not sure if I will put money on it this time around.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll be fine if the whole darn thing ends in a tie.
And then to settle it once and for all, each side could send out a player and they would settle it in the middle of the field using toy light sabers. The "Whoo-whooo-whoooom!" included.
First one to tag the other 15 times wins it.
Maybe they could do that with all football games. Include light sabers somehow.
Yeah, I'd pay for that.

Members online

Latest posts