Getting Autographs at Lambeau

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
Ok, I'm going to Lambeau for the first time this sunday, and REALLY hope to get a few autographs. I really have no clue how to do so. Does anyone have any inside advice on the best place to go and such to get some ink? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wished I was going with you Dodd!!

But just outside Lambeau down the stairs from the pro shop there is a fenced in player parking lot theres a crowd railing there you will most definitely see people there trying to get autographs this is where you stand right by the gate you will catch players entering and exiting this gated area some will stop some won't. There is also another gated area on the other side of the parking lot there you may get players stopping by before they go to their cars, I have always found that the gated area down the stairs from the pro shop is a better place. When we went there in 2005 we stood out there from noonish til 10pm at night I recieved quite a few autographs. Then this past August when we there for Packers training camp we recieved quite a few that time as well. If Driver comes through he usually stops, hes such a nice guy and will talk to you.

Hope this helps you!! Have a great first visit you will be amazed!!

OP
OP
DoddPower

DoddPower

Reaction score
GREAT info Heather! So, it's best go really early and really late? Hopefully I'll be able to grab a few. Getting my Brett Favre rookie card signed would be nice, but I'm sure the chances of that are slim. =)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
GREAT info Heather! So, it's best go really early and really late? Hopefully I'll be able to grab a few. Getting my Brett Favre rookie card signed would be nice, but I'm sure the chances of that are slim. =)

Wont get Bretts that way, but chances are you would get alot of the guys..

Just try to be as nice as possible, say please and thank you..That is one thing I have always heard that makes the guys be more receptive to signing...

OP
OP
DoddPower

DoddPower

Reaction score
DoddPower said:

Wont get Bretts that way, but chances are you would get alot of the guys..

Just try to be as nice as possible, say please and thank you..That is one thing I have always heard that makes the guys be more receptive to signing...

Right, I kind of figured as much. I guess the only way to really get his is to attend some special fan event or something? I can't say I'm much of a Bronco fan, but my Dad is, and when I was 14 or 15, I flagged down Elway pretty easy after a Panthers / Bronco's game and got him to sign his rookie card. He was surprisingly nice. I was hoping to have the same luck with Brett =) Maybe that just happened because it was at a Panther's home game and not in Denver or something. Even if I can't get Brett's, I would still love to get Barnetts, Rodger's, Drivers, Hawks, or anyone really, heh.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got Brett as he came off the practice field in 1992. Once he became a "star" though, he hasn't stopped to sign (not anytime i saw him at least).
But some of the guys are pretty good about it.
I can understnd as far as Favre would be SWAMPED if he did stop.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While at training camp in August, I asked someone why noone sees Favre leaving or coming, they told me that he has an underground tunnel that he drives to and from the practice field so noone sees him. Now I dont know if this is to be true or not, but I felt its a great possibility.

Dodd, you should easily get the autographs of Rodger's, Driver and Hawk they all stopped all the times I was by the gate. Once you get by the gate you dont want to leave for fear you might miss an autograph by someone important. Also what would help is if you have a sign, like where you are from and hold that up while they drive by.

Have a great time, I know I did.

OP
OP
DoddPower

DoddPower

Reaction score
So you're saying make a fairly large sign and hold it up saying where i'm from, and that may encourage them to come over? I must say, I'm traveling a decent distance, so maybe they will feel for me! I don't want to seem too aggressive though.

You may have mentioned this, but if so I didn't quite get it. What time would be a good time to get there on gameday morning?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Saw a video of 2 kids getting a Brett auto as he was getting into the team bus last year right before the Niner game....I was AMAZED that the 2 kids just walked up to him right b4 he stepped on the bus..

Sometimes during training camp they give out tickets for autos and I do know he was there a few times to sign, just like at fan fest..My brother got him to sign a seat from County Stadium

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is a secret.

Brett usually stays well past everyone else. However, you will see some other guy come out and get into his truck (not sure if it is a white or black pickup this year) He will leave and you think all is lost. however! What the guy has done is drive around the stadium and into the ramp on the southeast side of the stadium and leaves it for Brett. This is the same place where the visiting team buses are. Last time I was there, Brett didn't leave til almost 8pm (noon game) but as he pulls up the ramp, you might get him to stop and give you an autograph. Good Luck!

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wished I was going with you Dodd!!

But just outside Lambeau down the stairs from the pro shop there is a fenced in player parking lot theres a crowd railing there you will most definitely see people there trying to get autographs this is where you stand right by the gate you will catch players entering and exiting this gated area some will stop some won't. There is also another gated area on the other side of the parking lot there you may get players stopping by before they go to their cars, I have always found that the gated area down the stairs from the pro shop is a better place. When we went there in 2005 we stood out there from noonish til 10pm at night I recieved quite a few autographs. Then this past August when we there for Packers training camp we recieved quite a few that time as well. If Driver comes through he usually stops, hes such a nice guy and will talk to you.

Hope this helps you!! Have a great first visit you will be amazed!!

exactly

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chances are slim to none you will get an autograph. But your best bet is to hang out by the players parking lot.

There is no way you will get Favre's autograph. I think he is instructed to not do so, people would mob the scene and then it becomes a safety issue.

However, I you almost gauranteed an autograph if you go to Fuzzy's place the night before. :) Fuzzy is almost always in.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dodd, I got there around 10am and didnt leave til 10pm. I did leave to poty and eat..LOL.. I actually would have stayed longer because there was still players cars parked outside.

I didnt make a sign but I seen that it was working for others so you may want to think about that. Lots of players do not stop going in some do, but you will get most of them going to their cars and out of the gates. Bob Harlan stopped by us around 8pm I first thought it was Bates and even called him Mr. Bates, he then said he was sorry but he wasnt who I thought he was, but when I looked at him I knew I had made a mistake and we both laughed, he signed a huge autograph on the arm of my Packer coat. I wanted to get Mike Shermans auto someone told me he doesnt come out til after 10pm but we were tired and left, I now wished I would have waited. This was in 2005.

This past August at training camp, is where I got an auto from Hawk, Bigby, Blackmon, Ryan, Rodgers and somemore I just cant think of at this moment. I also shook Drivers hand as he passed me on his bicycle. He said "Hey baby" so cool. I also walked along with some other players, we have pictures of them all. It was such a neat experience, everytime I go I want to stay.

Where are you staying Dodd after the game, or are you flying back out that night?

You will have an incredible experience.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt that you get Favres auto, but you never know right place right time. Good luck and let me know how it turns out. Please post pictures when you get back.

Members online

Latest posts