Announcement Get Packer Forum on Your Mobile Device (iPhone/iPad/Android)

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tapatalk for iPhone, iPad & Andriod Mobile Platforms

Packer Forum is available for MOST mobile devices.

Tapatalk created an official app for your iPhone/iPad/Android mobile devices that will allow you to view vBulletin forums(and many other forum types). This site has the Tapatalk plugin installed. The cost for the app is $2.99 for the full version, which will allow you to post message, reply to private messages and post attachments from your phone. Purchasing the app ensures that you get FREE updates for the lifetime of the app. There is also a FREE version from Tapatalk that will allow you to view the forum but not reply to threads.

Here is some official Tapatalk information from their website:

Tapatalk for iPhone provides full forum access on iPhone including ability to check private messages, upload photos from your camera and ability to search forum, etc. All with super-fast direct forum access at only $2.99.

Tapatalk for iPhone was released on July 2009 with over 20 updates until now. It is currently ranked as Top 25 Social Networking app in Apple app store in United States, England, German, Spain, Sweden, Australia, Canada and in many other countries.

Tapatalk for Android has most of the same features of our iPhone version plus other unique highlight such as Widget and Theme switching support. It supports Android 1.5 or higher. Well tested on Droid and Nexus One. Tapatalk for Android is currently ranked as Top 3 Android app (Paid, Social) at the Android Market!

Tapatalk for BlackBerry is currently in public beta testing. You can download it using OTA (Over-The-Air) method by entering Download Tapatalk for BlackBerry(http://tapatalk.com/bb) in the BlackBerry Browser. Tapatalk for Nokia supports all S60 3rd and 5th Edition devices, that covers almost all the Nokia medium to high-end model!

Screenshots of the iPhone Mobile Platform(iOS; similar view for the iPad):

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Screenshots of the Android Mobile Platform:

Check out http://www.tapatalk.com for more information!

Post any comments/questions here. Also, if you actually view this forum on your mobile device, post some feedback so I know how well it is working.

Thanks.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I just got an iPod Touch a couple days ago. Bought this today. Works slick as hell. I didn't think it would be so much better than just using Safari, but it is. The interface is nice and simple, it loads mega-quick, and it couldn't be easier to use. Very, very impressed. Love that we have this option, Rob. Many thanks for making this available. Well worth the 3 bucks.

Now if I could talk the other vBulletin boards I go to into installing this.

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad you are using it, and thanks for the review. The BerryBlab software is decent as well, but the iPhone software is pretty sweet like you noticed.

Anyone else give this stuff a try yet?

lancer84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just got it up and running for my Blackberry Storm. Thanks Rob! Awesome!

Im using the internet browser...I've got the Tour. Was using BerryBlab, free version for a while. Wasnt too impressed with it. Cant reply with it. Unless you've got the paid version I believe. I like FREE! haha. Is there any other apps that you can use with a blackberry...for blogging?

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would look at TapaTalk.com

Their version is pretty nice for the iPhone, Android and Blackberry. Blackberry is in beta and free right now, but it will be $2.99 when the full release is ready.

lancer84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would look at TapaTalk.com

Their version is pretty nice for the iPhone, Android and Blackberry. Blackberry is in beta and free right now, but it will be $2.99 when the full release is ready.

It might be just my phone... but with TapaTalk I get a "Cache error" even after I clear the cache... and do a battery pull. :/ Might just have to wait till a new app comes out.

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah might need to wait for a new version. They are constantly making fixes/releases so they should fix your problem relatively quickly.

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going to bump this thread so people can take Packer Forum with them where ever they go!

Hell, I would like to get some posts from people AT THE GAME! :)

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just bought it for my new Bold 9900 but it won't let me comment. When I try it tells me there is a problem with the signature and then when I turn the signature off it still doesn't work. I can still read the forum so it was still worth it regardless.

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just bought it for my new Bold 9900 but it won't let me comment. When I try it tells me there is a problem with the signature and then when I turn the signature off it still doesn't work. I can still read the forum so it was still worth it regardless.

That is not good. Have you tried contacting anyone at www.tapatalk.com?

I will see if I can get in contact with them as well, but I have feeling they are not giving BlackBerry's very much love. :(

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No but looking at their forum it seems many BB users are having the same problem. Hopefully the problem is fixed in their next update.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
It continues to work great on my Droid. Tried it again just after this thread was started.

Members online

Latest posts