George Halas trophy?

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Why wouldn't Chicago give it to us on the field? It was obvious the fans were waiting for the presentation.. wth!! Anyone hear why?

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I don't know why, but I think Fox has gone to a "if the away team wins a trophy we present it to them in the locker room" philosophy. Which makes me sad, because nothing would've given me more joy than to see Rodgers raising that ugly *** trophy right at midfield in Chicago.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
It's ridiculous if you ask me. Giants had the presentation on our field, and I got to watch them all conglomerate as we walked down the bleachers with our eyes fixated on the ground. BS the Bear fans didn't get the same shame component.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
The Real question is why does the Nfc/Afc CHAMPIONSHIP trophy look like the trophy for the tri-county peewee Pop Warner league?

It used to be all bad *** and look like this :
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
FWIW, I read somewhere (on a message board) that in one post-game show, it was explained that the teams agreed to do a locker room presentation so no fan of the opposing team would ruin the celebration.

I would personally have been shocked if the Halas presentation hadn't been done on the field had the outcome been different (I think they definitely would have), so I think the truth is probably that they were afraid a Bears fan would ruin the presentation for the Packers.

Just my guess.

L

Lunchboxer

FWIW, I read somewhere (on a message board) that in one post-game show, it was explained that the teams agreed to do a locker room presentation so no fan of the opposing team would ruin the celebration.

I would personally have been shocked if the Halas presentation hadn't been done on the field had the outcome been different (I think they definitely would have), so I think the truth is probably that they were afraid a Bears fan would ruin the presentation for the Packers.

Just my guess.

How would a bear fan ruin the presentation. Isnt like the Fan would rush the field. The person would get hammered by security.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I also think Bradshaw has a lot of trouble in the cold. He can't hear or talk right when it's cold out. I think that's one reason the presentation was in the locker room. Although, I'd rather have it on the field. Chants from angry bear fans just make the presentation all the sweeter if you ask me.

New Trophy is Fugly. The old one was bad ***.

tmlfan3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought that was weird too... woulda been way better on the field. All other sports do that and the NFL always has too. At that point it should be a reward for the visiting team's fans who showed up to the game. Plus, most of the home crowd's gone by then.

Personally, I would stay no matter what team I cheer for. I've been to championship games (not NFL obviously) and even though our team lost at home the entire arena was packed till after the presentation and cheered our team off the field. It hurts, but you have to show you're proud of them.

Oh and the new trophy sucks.

gmann001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
New Trophy is Fugly. The old one was bad ***.

Agreed... but hey, the Packers got the FIRST FUGLY trophy!!! ;) Didn't the NFL mess with the lombardi trophy too? I hope not, but I swear they did.

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even though that pitiful excuse for a trophy wasn't presented on the field you can imagine what Bear fans must of thought, "Their most hated rival holding the trophy named after their coach in their house." It's still sweeter than ever the Pack holding the George Halas Trophy in Chicago. Now they just need to hold this:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Bear and Viking fans heads will spin cause the Pack now hold four and are 13 Time Champs.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Don't worry the Packers can look at the Halas trophy for like 2 weeks and then see their shiny new Lombardi and be like "Man guys this Halas trophy looks like sh** we should just hide it. And when the Bears come to town we bring it out on the field to show them we won it from them."

Latest posts