Geoff McArthur

Shirobot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f ... E4TGA1.DTL

McArthur, who had knee and ankle surgery, says he is going to Green Bay for a tryout with the Packers on Aug. 28. He says he still can't perform at 100 percent and if signed by the Packers would go on injured reserve for the year.

Does anyone have any news on this out of Green Bay?

Rodgers and McArthur could be a deadly duo in the future. I'm not a Packers fan, but this could turn out to be an excellent signing. McArthur was potentially second round talent before his injury (broken leg while blocking on a running play in the last game of the regular season, his team already winning the game by a considerable margin), and his intelligence and dedication (just look around for info on him and I'm sure you'll see it) tells me that he will no doubt recover physically. The knock on him is that he lacks in tangibles, but so do many great receivers. At worst, I think he can be an elite slot WR. At best, there are no limits, in my opinion. He's also PERFECT for the WCO.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keyword: tryout. Look-see. Maybe. Yea-Nay. This ain't college, as Aaron Rodgers is finding out.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
net said:
Keyword: tryout. Look-see. Maybe. Yea-Nay. This ain't college, as Aaron Rodgers is finding out.

I don't think he is 'finding out' I'm 100% he knew the difference before his first NFL Pre Season pass. I mean c'mon he's not Ahmad Carroll geez.

OP
OP
S

Shirobot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:

Thanks for the insight, but I was actually just wondering if anyone had any news on this that I can't get in Philly. I know Eagles fans would jump all over something like this (anything related to their team, really) in a matter of seconds, and I assumed Packers fans would be the same. I guess not.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shirobot- There has been nothing said about working out Geoff Mc Arthur here in Green Bay. However sometimes players quietly work out and leave quietly. During the preseason, there are many players coming and going espcially with the first round of player cuts last weekend.

Members online

Latest posts