GB vs Minnesota schedule

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You mean, "Weak Schedule" and "Under-Performing Opponents" isn't an option?

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You mean, "Weak Schedule" and "Under-Performing Opponents" isn't an option?

You bring up a good point for both the vikings and the Pack. Thats why the remaining 4 games are so interesting.

Everyone thinks the vikings are a solid 10-2 team, I think the Arizona game tells more truth about the vikings than their record. The Pack was not a good/consistent team the first half of the year, who are they now will be determined in the playoffs. May be the Arizona game will have more riding on it as things play out and that will be an indicator of where we stand.

This will get very interesting after next Sunday.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You bring up a good point for both the vikings and the Pack. Thats why the remaining 4 games are so interesting.

Everyone thinks the vikings are a solid 10-2 team, I think the Arizona game tells more truth about the vikings than their record. The Pack was not a good/consistent team the first half of the year, who are they now will be determined in the playoffs. May be the Arizona game will have more riding on it as things play out and that will be an indicator of where we stand.

This will get very interesting after next Sunday.

I think you are right. If Minn loses then I will admit there is a gigantic ? over their heads as to how good they really are.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Lot of talk about this last day or two so I am posting each here

Minnesota on left

W- Browns 34-20.... Packers W 31-3
W- Detroit 27-13......Packers W 26-0
W- Frisco 27-24.......Packers W 30-24
W- Rams 38-10........Packers W 36-17
W-Ravens 33-31.......Packers W 27-14
W-Detroit 27-10.......Packers W 34-12
W-Bears 36-10.........Packers W 21-15

So thats 7 wins each...

Wow we both beat up on same teams..Other then the 2 games vs each other schedule is pretty even eh?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
But you are leaving out the 2 most important games they played.....

Why? We all know how it ended

This was for common opponents and how they fared...As the rest of the games go on, i will update it

You did see I did mention it right??? Not trying to avoid it at all..

Just we hear how easy our schedule is, well we played 7 of the same teams and both got 7 wins

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you are right. If Minn loses then I will admit there is a gigantic ? over their heads as to how good they really are.
If they loses to an excelent Bengals team???

I think the fact that Minnesota had a weak schedule doesn't nullify the fact that they're a solid team.

Of course, some people might have considered them an almost invincible team, then losing to the Bengals might influence their view of that team.

But my opinion all along was not that Minnesota was so good, when we lost to them. More that we were playing like crap...

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why? We all know how it ended

This was for common opponents and how they fared...As the rest of the games go on, i will update it

You did see I did mention it right??? Not trying to avoid it at all..

Just we hear how easy our schedule is, well we played 7 of the same teams and both got 7 wins

Sorry i just couldn't help myself. Slow day at work and just having a little fun...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
27-20
35-7

Two losses the Packers had in 07 vs the Bears..

I guess that means that the Bears were the better of the two?

If the Pack had no chance of making the playoffs then yeah Vikings hands down are the best, but the playoffs is what matters..So how it all shakes out

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they loses to an excelent Bengals team???

I think the fact that Minnesota had a weak schedule doesn't nullify the fact that they're a solid team.

Of course, some people might have considered them an almost invincible team, then losing to the Bengals might influence their view of that team.

But my opinion all along was not that Minnesota was so good, when we lost to them. More that we were playing like crap...

Well if they lose to Cinci then I have doubts that they can beat good teams and that makes me wonder about how they will fair in the playoffs. It' doesnt mean that they are a bad team if they lose, but it will mean that they do have some problems that could haunt them come post season.

Right now I still believe that they can take any team in the nfl, but that could change after the next 4 quarters of play.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well if they lose to Cinci then I have doubts that they can beat good teams and that makes me wonder about how they will fair in the playoffs. It' doesnt mean that they are a bad team if they lose, but it will mean that they do have some problems that could haunt them come post season.

Right now I still believe that they can take any team in the nfl, but that could change after the next 4 quarters of play.
Since they doinated Cincy does that mean the Vikings are for real?BTW I have missed you guys

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome back Skol Guy, its been different without you.
After watching the Vikings getting throttled last week i needed some time off anyway. LOL. The packers are in good shape and want the Pack again at the dome this year. Either a good shot for Green Bay to show all they made the right move with Rodgers or another chance for Favre to stick it in TT's ear. The NFL will be drooling for another Favre-Rodgers dual.

OP
OP
JeffQuery

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What's the excuse this week?

Vikings whip the Bengals convincingly (a team you lost to), and the Packers are "lucky" to beat the Bears...

Three teams coulda/shoulda beat the Pack in the last 5 weeks...

Imo...you guys have been more lucky than good, and will get your *** whupped if you make the playoffs, in the first round.

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Vikings whip the Bengals convincingly (a team you lost to), and the Packers are "lucky" to beat the Bears...

Imo...you guys have been more lucky than good, and will get your *** whupped if you make the playoffs, in the first round.

BORING, Get some new material, I reckon we could be ace in the playoffs but people like you always overlook us, Lets wait and see huh?

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Antione Winfield is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anybody notice? I sure did and i bet carson Palmer did as well

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score

Haha, Queery, I don't know what's worse, that your team's future rests on the shoulders of a 40 year old QB, or that you get your jollies off coming to our forums and trying to burn us when we win.

OP
OP
JeffQuery

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Oh..you mean the 40 yr old QB who's 11-2..?

And whipped your team's *** twice?

haha

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah JQ, we won. Ha ha, and a little more ha ha and its tells me you're hitting junior high next year when you end every other post with the solidy juvenile "ha ha".

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score

Just to be clear, when we're talking about being lucky we're also talking about Favre hitting a lucky pass to Greg Lewis to beat the 49ers and Steven Hauschka missing a makeable kick that would've given the Ravens the win over the Vikes, the same Ravens team the Packers beat, right?

I just want to be clear. Something tells me it's luck when we get a hard fought win, but it's skill when the Vikings get a bit of luck to pull out a game.

Members online

Latest posts