Game thred: Packers vs Bears @ Chicago

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't even try to pin this one on Favre...

Should he be blocking for punts now...or for his protection when he throws a pass?

How about catching his own passes...should he do that too?

Indeed. When teams beat you at the lines, it really is hard to overcome. I mean that is the main match up that must be accounted for in each nfl game. The thing with this game is was not that we didn't focus on this team because I know the Packers wanted to beat the Bears more than I EVER could. The problem was that the Bears' line was just way more physical at the line. I am happy the Bears are out though and that they showed this team again their vulnerabilities.

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think today he really was playing with an empty deck. The players just didn't execute. I promise you will hear that phrase more than anything in the post game interviews from the players.

The announcers on Packer radio made a very very scary point. The Bears are missing four starters on their defense included Vasher and Briggs and we still couldn't take them.

Sangill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now this has been a pain to watch..

But it's leaving me thinking. With the Pack playing like this in this type of weather, maybe it's not such a bad thing playing Cowboys in Dallas in a NFC Championship game that might (dare I say should?) be later on.

Terrible... just terrible.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think today he really was playing with an empty deck. The players just didn't execute. I promise you will hear that phrase more than anything in the post game interviews from the players.

The announcers on Packer radio made a very very scary point. The Bears are missing four starters on their defense included Vasher and Briggs and we still couldn't take them.
I think the players SHOULD be "executed!" :wink: :lol:

Melt74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the Pack playing like this in this type of weather, maybe it's not such a bad thing playing Cowboys in Dallas in a NFC Championship game that might (dare I say should?) be later on.

Yup, and I certainly don't want to see a big dose of Barber with the way our D is playing in this game. (Yes, I realize Pickett's out, but this is the BEARS, not the 'Boys.)

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has anyone in here ever seen a team look more disinterested in a playing a football game, hell for that matter basketball, baseball, or badminton?

Seems to me if these guys didn't want to play then they should have just stayed home. The NFL allows for forfeits. I didn't expect this team to just hand over home field to Dallas like this.

Sangill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree,..........i'd pull Favre. The games over, why chance him getting hurt???

With that ****** passer rating, maybe he dosn't wanna be pulled. I wouldn't be suprised if MM don't have any saying in this.

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is funny how much we were our own enemy today. I almost wanted the Bears to keep the ball so that the points against would come from their offense and not our special teams and mistakes, but hey, that is how the Bears win the games they win. They are who we thought they were :-p

I just talked to my dad too who was watching the game and it seems that the youth in this weather really is a huge deal here. The center was dragging the ball getting it too slick for Brett and the lines just did not know how to plant themselves to win the important match ups. I agree with the ones who say that it may be best that we don't have homefield advantage.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets not all jump ship.............it was ONE game, it's over. "Eminem" willd ride them this coming week to make SURE it doesn't happen again. I believe these guys will remember how bad a week they have after a loss, and won't want to have that feeling again.

numbertwentyfive

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Today was an absolute embarrasment to Packers fans everywhere. I have never been truly embarrassed to be a Packers fan before, EVER. Until today.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Today was an absolute embarrasment to Packers fans everywhere. I have never been truly embarrassed to be a Packers fan before, EVER. Until today.
Then you must have not been alive during the 1970's and 80's.
And you SHOULDN'T be embarrassed now. (JMO)
I mean....we are 12-3, going to the playoffs. The Bears arn't. Yes, we layed an egg today..........but its only ONE game!
3 weeks from now, we are hosting a playoff game at home! Don't be so glum! If we win that, we are in the NFC Championship game!
The 1996 Packers went 13-3, and won it all. They lost 3 games that year too. Yet i bet NO ONE cares about those 3 losses now.
If we DO win it all, i won't give a hoot that we lost to the Bears.
Would i have rather beat them? Of course! But we have to go on and not hang our heads too low. I bet the Bears would gladly swap a sweep of us for a playoff spot right now!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
numbertwentyfive said:
The 1996 Packers went 13-3, and won it all. They lost 3 games that year too. Yet i bet NO ONE cares about those 3 losses now.
Would i have rather beat them? Of course! But we have to go on and not hang our heads too low. I bet the Bears would gladly swap a sweep of us for a playoff spot right now!

I agree Alan, how many Packer fans would have EASILY traded with the Bears last year?

look at this

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/results.nsf/Teams/1996-gb

Year we won the SB

13-3

Lost to Minnesota

Then lost back to back games to KC then the Cowboys.

Pack 13-3

Lost to Philly ( ended up being 6-9)

Detroit

Then Indy (ended up being 3-13 )

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
numbertwentyfive said:
I mean....we are 12-3, going to the playoffs. The Bears arn't. Yes, we layed an egg today..........but its only ONE game!
3 weeks from now, we are hosting a playoff game at home! Don't be so glum! If we win that, we are in the NFC Championship game!

Heh. Too funny.
The 70s and 80s hardened my tolerance for looking bad. I remember when ****ey was injured, it was scary being a Packer fan. When he played, we'd lose, but at least we'd score a lot of points. Then the late 80s was really bad until the Majic man lit up the scoreboard in '89. Then he got injured and was never quite the same.

Weird thing happened when this Brett Favre guy came off the bench and started winning games. I don't know what it was with that kid, but he looked like he really, really wanted to win. All of a sudden, we went from being the NFC's laughingstock to being a playoff team.

A lot of younger folks don't remember this.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
numbertwentyfive said:

Heh. Too funny.
The 70s and 80s hardened my tolerance for looking bad. I remember when ****ey was injured, it was scary being a Packer fan. When he played, we'd lose, but at least we'd score a lot of points. Then the late 80s was really bad until the Majic man lit up the scoreboard in '89. Then he got injured and was never quite the same.

Weird thing happened when this Brett Favre guy came off the bench and started winning games. I don't know what it was with that kid, but he looked like he really, really wanted to win. All of a sudden, we went from being the NFC's laughingstock to being a playoff team.

A lot of younger folks don't remember this.
How true LT and Zombie! These "kids" have been SPOILED by Favre! They are USED to the Packers winning! Us old guys remember the HARD times, and have learned not to take winning for granted. Thats why i get mad everytime a "Favre needs to retire" thread would pop up. Some people won't realize what we have had, till it's gone. Now.....that said........IF we DID win the SB this year, i could see Favre retiring on top. Not that i WANT him to go, but i could see that happening. I couldn't think of a more fitting end to the GREAT career he has had with us.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah it could have been worse. In 1980, the Packers lost 61-7 at Chicago. :shock:
I remember that game.............the Bears brought Payton back in the game just to pour it on some more. The Packers were NOT happy with that action.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah it could have been worse. In 1980, the Packers lost 61-7 at Chicago. :shock:

Urgh! You just had to bring that back.

I was so excited after winning the first game of the season. Chester Marcol, one of my favorite players for the Packers, had the game winning field goal blocked and lo and behold, it ended up in his hands. So what did he do? He ran it into the end zone. yes, he surprised even himself.

So, after winning 12-6 the first game of the season, we go back to play da Bears and I turn on the tv to check the score and we lost 61-7. I thought it had to be a misprint. There's no way the same team that we beat earlier in the year scored that many points. :cry:

As a ten-year-old kid, I didn't take that loss too well.

Latest posts