Game thred: Packers vs Bears @ Chicago

numbertwentyfive

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All of these comments do not address the reason I am so embarrassed. The Packers are 12-3, they are a much better team than the Bears, and yet they have been allowed to embarass us twice this year. I live in Bear country so Packers Bears games are about as big as it gets. The Packers should have won both of these games this year but they failed to go out there and play like they really wanted to win. Kyle Orton made Brett Farve look like a fool. Brian Urlacher intercepted a pass and ran it 85 yards for a touchdown. That is inexcusable, there is no way a linebacker can outrun Green Bay recievers like that. They failed to go out there and put forth a real effort. It was embarrassing for them and for us.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trust me..........the coach will make them NEVER forget what happened sunday. They will regret being so complacent.
Those guys are embarrassed, i'm sure of it.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
numbertwentyfive said:
All of these comments do not address the reason I am so embarrassed. The Packers are 12-3

Exactly. So....why would you be embarrassed?
I know...........would you be more happy if the Packers were 6-9 and swept the Bears? We are in the playoffs, with a bye. At the beginning of the year, i think everyone here would have been happy if going into the last game of the regular season we still had a shot at a wildcard spot. And yet here we are, division champs, with a good shot at going to the Super Bowl.
You have to have your priorities straight. The Bears season is DONE after this coming weekend. We still have a shot at winning it all. Can't get much better then that!

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually think this poor effort may help us. Sometimes a loss like this is what's needed to shake the team up a bit. I can assure you the team will now give everything in Lambeau to prove they aren't soft. I'd way rather we had this game now then wait for the playoffs to lay an egg

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is disgusting. Orton is making Favre look like a pee wee QB out there.

I am not talking smack here. I have been busy with Christmas stuff, so I am amusing myself now by going through the Game Day thread.

This is the funniest, oddest, and most unexpected English sentance that I have ever seen.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Popcynical said:

I am not talking smack here. I have been busy with Christmas stuff, so I am amusing myself now by going through the Game Day thread.

This is the funniest, oddest, and most unexpected English sentance that I have ever seen.
Yeah..........Favre has ONE lousy game in a near hurricane, Orton has one half decent game, and Favre is a "pee wee" QB now? I myself think thats taking it just a LITTLE far. The whole team stunk up the place. I'd rather have that happen now, then in the playoff run. The bad weather evened the playing field out for the Bears, and they took full advantage of it. But it still was just ONE LOSS. We still have the 1st round bye, and won the division. All this "doom and gloom" has me baffled.
Like i have said before.........if we would have been told that we would win the division, have a first round bye, before the season started, we would all be THRILLED. We are after all, 12-3!!!

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
Popcynical said:

Yeah..........Favre has ONE lousy game in a near hurricane, Orton has one half decent game, and Favre is a "pee wee" QB now? I myself think thats taking it just a LITTLE far. The whole team stunk up the place. I'd rather have that happen now, then in the playoff run. The bad weather evened the playing field out for the Bears, and they took full advantage of it. But it still was just ONE LOSS. We still have the 1st round bye, and won the division. All this "doom and gloom" has me baffled.
Like i have said before.........if we would have been told that we would win the division, have a first round bye, before the season started, we would all be THRILLED. We are after all, 12-3!!!

How did the weather even the playing field? I will admit it is harder to throw into the wind, and much of the packers game is throwing. However, both teams were affected by the wind equally. Punting? Both had to do it. Running? Isnt grant the leading rusher since week whatever? Orton threw a td pass, and several nice first down throws. Many of favres throws were into coverage. Was the wind blowing the bear defenders into the path of the ball?

If you keep referring to the playoffs, then your record is 0-0. Wipe the slate clean. It only matters how you are playing at the moment.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah..........Favre has ONE lousy game in a near hurricane, Orton has one half decent game, and Favre is a "pee wee" QB now? I myself think thats taking it just a LITTLE far.

Agreed.

That's why when we judge a performance, we judge by season, not by games. By season, Favre is having a stellar year, and Orton is not bad, and should have been starting for da Bears since day 1. Why they started Grossman, I have no idea. Grossman is the sorriest excuse for a QB I've seen in years.

I'm not talking smack, by the way. I'm just saying that I have no idea why Lovie Smith sticks with Grossman when Orton is a much better QB.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Yeah..........Favre has ONE lousy game in a near hurricane, Orton has one half decent game, and Favre is a "pee wee" QB now? I myself think thats taking it just a LITTLE far.

Agreed.

That's why when we judge a performance, we judge by season, not by games. By season, Favre is having a stellar year, and Orton is not bad, and should have been starting for da Bears since day 1. Why they started Grossman, I have no idea. Grossman is the sorriest excuse for a QB I've seen in years.

I'm not talking smack, by the way. I'm just saying that I have no idea why Lovie Smith sticks with Grossman when Orton is a much better QB.

I think that it is called 'the lesser of two evils'...

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
4thand26 said:
Popcynical said:

How did the weather even the playing field? I will admit it is harder to throw into the wind, and much of the packers game is throwing. However, both teams were affected by the wind equally. Punting? Both had to do it. Running? Isnt grant the leading rusher since week whatever? Orton threw a td pass, and several nice first down throws. Many of favres throws were into coverage. Was the wind blowing the bear defenders into the path of the ball?

If you keep referring to the playoffs, then your record is 0-0. Wipe the slate clean. It only matters how you are playing at the moment.
Yup....unlike your Super Bowl record last year, which i believe is 0-1.

Oh.....and by "playing at the moment".....you mean like, how the Packers are still 12-3, and won the division, and how your "mighty" Bears are what.....6-9? You see, we are IN the playoffs......the Bears arn't. Clarified enough for ya? :wink:

I know.......i shouldn't be referring to the playoffs when I'm talking to a Bears fan.

Members online

Latest posts