Future RB's in GB

sbp_387

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well we know we need a RB, mostly likely our 1st round pick next year will be a RB. I looked through a lot of the teams for young but good guys, I just want to know what you guys think, how would this players do in GB.

Ryan Motes
Chris Perry
Michel Turner
Marion Barber

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RBs are pretty easy to find you really dont even have to get 1 in the first round i wish we would have got Brian Calhoun, but that didnt happen because the gay lions were a pick ahead of where we were going to take him.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You just never know. It isn't real often a Reggie Bush comes along. He looked pretty good in his first game.
I don't know anything about the guys you mentioned, so i really can't say who would or would not be good.

scharles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerLegend said:
RBs are easy to find you really dont even have to get 1 in the first round i wish we would have got Brian Calhoun, but that didnt happen because the gay lions were a pick ahead of where we were going to take him.

Same here, I was wishing for Calhoun too, patiently waiting for that pick and right before the damn Lions had to step in and take him. Pissed me right off.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Calhoun too..........the thing is, none of us even know if the Packers would have picked him had he still been available.

go_pack_go

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sbp_387 said:
Well we know we need a RB, mostly likely our 1st round pick next year will be a RB. I looked through a lot of the teams for young but good guys, I just want to know what you guys think, how would this players do in GB.

Ryan Motes
Chris Perry
Michel Turner
Marion Barber

I really like Michael "The Burner" Turner.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm high on Perry. I think Perry can be a great starter in this league and run for a lot of yards. Barber might not be a good fit here but he's a good back who can get you the tough yards. Turner I think can be a solid fit and would do well. I also see him as a future starter in this league.

Ryan Moats isn't well known probably because he played at La Tech in college but did well for filling in for Brian Westbrook last year. I don't see him as a true starter in this league. More of a change of pace back.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sbp_387 said:

Ryan Motes
Chris Perry
Michel Turner
Marion Barber

I don't think Barber is an option simply because Parcells likes him, maybe a little better than Julius Jones. Moats had been in Reid's doghouse for a while but is really only a Westbrook injury away from starting again. I have only heard good things about Perry, both running and receiving.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe we'll suck again next year so we can get Steve Slaton :lol:

Actually, I don't feel having a star HB is needed to win. If you have a good line and a good scheme, anyone can run for 1000 yards and 10 TDs. Denver proved that. I'm more concerned with finding upgrades over Manuel and Poppinga. I'd also like to see an athletic TE and another WR, and of course improvment at the Guards. HB is about 7th on my list.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^ Slayton might be a little undersize in the NFL and might end up being a 3rd down back in the NFL. He needs to bulk up.

I'd like to see Turner or Perry brought in at RB over Peterson. Don't get me wrong Peterson is great but I rather have Calvin Johnson who I think is the next Terrell Owens minus the attitude.

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ricky Williams (i'm serious, he could chaeffeur K-Rob next year!)

Leonard (Rutgers) isn't bad.

brewcrew1702

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Perry would be the best fit in Green Bay although I doubt Cincy would let him go for anything cheap. His best attributes are out of the backfield as a receiver which would fit perfectly in Green Bay's scheme. I hope Cincy does let him go since I feel bad for him being stuck behind Rudi Johnson.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Micheal Bush (Louisville) comes thru his broken leg 100%, I want him...also Tony Hunt of Penn State is a bruising back with some burst, reminds me of Larry Johnson, and is climbing up some scouts' boards

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HatestheEagles084 said:
If Micheal Bush (Louisville) comes thru his broken leg 100%, I want him...also Tony Hunt of Penn State is a bruising back with some burst, reminds me of Larry Johnson, and is climbing up some scouts' boards

I like Bush as well. Right now pending his health he could take a shirt and play at Louisville another year or he could enter. I don't see him slipping much though. Maybe early 2nd if he's not healthy but that's as far as he would fall.

Members online

Latest posts