Funny Finley

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets see what could be done with the amount of money he will need to donate this year?

Number 10) Pay off my student loans
Number 9) Buy out all of Apple's sinking stock
Number 8) Buy out the Dodgers from Magic Johnson
Number 7) Buy enough Chicken McNuggets from the dollar menu to end world hunger
Number 6) Single handedly fund the next James Cameron movie
Number 5) Create a real Jurassic Park
Number 4) With 10 dollar bills create a straight line across the equator that circles the word.........Twice
Number 3) Be able to afford a hot dog and beer at Yankee stadium
Number 2) Pay off all our debt to China
and the Number 1 thing you could do with all the money Jermicheal Finley will have to donate at the end of the year,
get that clown Skip Bayless off the air for good

Alright my list was pretty weak, you guys got any better ones?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seven? 7!!!!!! Thats it? I would have guessed many more based on the attitudes around here. But anyone who drops 7 passes, should be cut. Right?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, players who had more drops last year include:

Julio Jones, Calvin Johson, AJ Green, Jimmy Graham, Randall Cobb, Victor Cruz, and Wes Welker.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whoa! Those are some very good WRs. So if you have lots of drops, it doesn't mean you suck. Right?

H

HardRightEdge

Wow! So, how many dropped passes did Finley have last year? 20? 30? Anyone know?

Depends who you ask. It's not an official statistic.

NBC Sports tagged him for 7.

http://scores.nbcsports.msnbc.com/fb/leaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232

Stats says 7:

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=NFL&type=Receiving&rank=232

Here's another source I've never heard of also saying 7:

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2012/

PFF graded harder across the league and tagged Finley for 9:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/22/signature-stats-drop-rate-tight-ends/

Some Packer fans let their distaste for his personality distort their perception. Sure, there's no apologizing for an 8 - 12% drop rate...it's not good...but it sure ain't Delaney Walker 30% bad and it was about in line with Cobb's and Nelson's drop rates.

Finley should declare which source he'll use. Somebody who actually uses twitter might want to mention this to him. Otherwise his haters will claim he's dodging the payout when he goes into a full layout for a low ball and it goes off his fingers.

As an aside, I believe there is a heavy overlap between Finley haters and Driver admirers. Driver hadn't even tried to lay out for a ball since 2009. Go figure.

Reaction score
Lets see what could be done with the amount of money he will need to donate this year?

and the Number 1 thing you could do with all the money Jermicheal Finley will have to donate at the end of the year,
get that clown Skip Bayless off the air for good
Clown is a generous adjective, haha

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
This is a good thing. Imagine if he can emulate Jones’ renewed dedication on display last season. Jones didn’t only reduce his drop rate, he was more disciplined all around and it showed.

I don’t think Finley has to declare which source he’ll use to count drops: He’ll have to answer on a game by game basis as the press will (or should) ask him about each drop. I think we’ll find out early if this will translate into a more dedicated player. And he’ll have to tread carefully regarding his relationship with Rodgers, for example was that pass uncatchable or did he drop it? Maybe Rodgers should count the drops? J/K

The biggest question for me regarding Finley is did his 2010 injury cause him to lose a half a step. Is his “ceiling” as high as it appeared early in his career? If he really dedicates himself this season we may find out.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO - Finley is the type of player who will play fantastically in his contract year, but not up to potential in the others. I see him having a great 2013 season

H

HardRightEdge

This is a good thing. Imagine if he can emulate Jones’ renewed dedication on display last season. Jones didn’t only reduce his drop rate, he was more disciplined all around and it showed.

I don’t think Finley has to declare which source he’ll use to count drops: He’ll have to answer on a game by game basis as the press will (or should) ask him about each drop. I think we’ll find out early if this will translate into a more dedicated player. And he’ll have to tread carefully regarding his relationship with Rodgers, for example was that pass uncatchable or did he drop it? Maybe Rodgers should count the drops? J/K

The biggest question for me regarding Finley is did his 2010 injury cause him to lose a half a step. Is his “ceiling” as high as it appeared early in his career? If he really dedicates himself this season we may find out.

Totally disagree. It would be foolish not to. Left to the imagination of the fans and the press, he'll have 20 drops. He definitely won't want to admit to that count for reasons that have nothing to do with the money. He needs to declare his "referee". Rodgers would be a poor choice; the QB is always right.

I think Finley's probably lost a 1/10 off his 40 time somewhere around 2nd. or 3rd. gear. He doesn't seem to fly up the seam like he did pre-injury. It's hard to tell if it's physical or mental, and whether he'll get over it. He could make up for it with better route running where there is room for improvement.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Totally disagree. It would be foolish not to. Left to the imagination of the fans and the press, he'll have 20 drops. He definitely won't want to admit to that count for reasons that have nothing to do with the money. He needs to declare his "referee". Rodgers would be a poor choice; the QB is always right.
LOL. No, he doesn't need to declare a referee. He made a pledge to give money to charity, it's not a contract he can be held to. (It would be foolish to consider it a binding contract requiring an objective referee.;)) He can give as much as he wants, or none at all. And BTW, J/K = "just kidding".

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I assume the packers statition will be the one determining the drops.

I hope the crowd chants "500 dollars" every time he has anything that resembles a drop

Tbone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, players who had more drops last year include:

Julio Jones, Calvin Johson, AJ Green, Jimmy Graham, Randall Cobb, Victor Cruz, and Wes Welker.

Boy that's great analysis. Are you seriously comparing his drops to receivers that caught over 100 balls and were targeted 150 times?Look at drop rates, he drops 14% of the balls thrown his way...not good, not completely awful. James Jones had the same percentage. Besides, it's not just about the drops with Finley...the guy never shuts up.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/22/signature-stats-drop-rate-tight-ends/

H

HardRightEdge

It would be foolish to consider it a binding contract requiring an objective referee.

Now that he's made the pledge, it would be foolish for him to think of it any other way.

Define a "drop"; when is he obligated to pay?

[This is beginning to sound like the debate over whether it's OK for a player on IR to be doing jello shots with fans in the parking lot.]

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
No matter who decides which incomplete passes are drops fans, national (supposedly objective) observers, and even statisticians will probably disagree because many times it involves a subjective determination: Appointing someone won't change that. So there's no need to formalize this - it's more publicity for Finley which he enjoys and if it makes him more accountable and determined, we Packers fans will enjoy that. And he’ll score some TDs and drop some passes so a charity will benefit.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts