Fumbles a concern?

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This needs to be addressed in practice, the fumbles after these catches...Donald Lee last week (and Morency)...then Jones already this week...like an epidemic!

starpass

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We should be up by 14 pts...Do we still go to Jones? No way...Driver all night long...

Reaction score
Easy there Packwillbeback, Jones has played outstanding thus far, this is just a little blip in the road.

He's face to face with adversity, so now he has to step up and overcome it. It'll make him a better player in the long run, and hopefully it doesn't cost the Packers in the short term (this game).

OP
OP
P

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wth are you talking about Raider Pride I left like 20 minutes ago...this isn't a religious board so stop pressing your religion on here....I calmed down...zero2cool was on the chat didnt warn me...he has MUCH more authority than you a raiders fan..

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
FUNK JONES....he is such an *******...this game can easily be 14-0...21-0

Will a mod give this guy a talking too. I did not come here to read profanity on a Sunday after church.

I just left the game day chat because he is making the game day chat experience untenable.
I would hit ignore

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
PackwillBEback said:
FUNK JONES....he is such an *******...this game can easily be 14-0...21-0

Will a mod give this guy a talking too. I did not come here to read profanity on a Sunday after church.

I just left the game day chat because he is making the game day chat experience untenable.
I would hit ignore

Can one hit ignore on the Game Day Chat?

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
I agree. some people around here just go crazy . . like middle school kids or something.

It's uncalled for.

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not to worried about Jones yet.

The second one was more of a great play by Tillman than a ****** play by Jones.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackwillBEback,

Calm down. Jones has been a stud for us this year so far, far outdoing expectations. You want to cast him off after 2 fumbles???? Get a clue...

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow...everyone makes mistakes, chill. Good teams are ones that can overcome this stuff and so far we have been able to. Now if the players work on some strip drills we'll be fine.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could not be more happy with Jones, even after he got one ball stripped and one ball punched.

Who would have thought the rookie would be the second leading reciever for the Packers and have 18 Rec- 232 yards- A Touchdown with a 12.9 yard A.P.C. at this point of the season.

Very few people I am sure, that is who.

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After Woodson's fumble, I would have to say that yes, fumbles are a problem.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least some credit has to go to the Bears DB that created those two fumbles. Yeah, Jones dropped them, but that guy wanted to get the ball out and he did.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This needs to be addressed in practice, the fumbles after these catches...Donald Lee last week (and Morency)...then Jones already this week...like an epidemic!

This really surprised me PackwillBEback ,

I was sure that MM was going to address this last week after the fumbles in Minnesota. I guess the message needed to get through with a loss..Sigh !!!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
PackwillBEback said:

I was sure that MM was going to address this last week after the fumbles in Minnesota. I guess the message needed to get through with a loss..Sigh !!!

I just finished watch Packer Blitz on Fox 6 in Milwaukee..

Tim Van Vooren touched on this a bit..

He was AT the practices watching the assistant coaches and MM ADDRESS the fumbling issues..

And not just lip service..But taking the balls, coating them with oils and water to make them more slippery..Stressing to the guys how important it is to hold on to the ball..

But since it is still happening, take or add some extra steps to it...

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
PackwillBEback said:

I just finished watch Packer Blitz on Fox 6 in Milwaukee..

Tim Van Vooren touched on this a bit..

He was AT the practices watching the assistant coaches and MM ADDRESS the fumbling issues..

And not just lip service..But taking the balls, coating them with oils and water to make them more slippery..Stressing to the guys how important it is to hold on to the ball..

But since it is still happening, take or add some extra steps to it...

Thanks for the info longtimefan,

I knew it had been addressed but not sure how until now. To be more specific; I meant to say that I guess the players needed a loss for the message to really be driven home. I do kinda feel sorry for JJ though as those were two rude wake up calls that he will wish he had back. Will be good for his growth in the long run though !!!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
yes winni, I think this will make him more aware of how to hold the ball..

And if it doesnt, he might just have a short leash here

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yes winni, I think this will make him more aware of how to hold the ball..

And if it doesnt, he might just have a short leash here

All the olis in the world won't work. Sitting his *** might drive the message home. I'm not suggesting that now, I love the guy, but if a problem is re-occuring, you need to se an example by holding people accountable

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
jones has been good but he was one of the biggest reasons we lost. we could have had at least 6 points and we could have had a fg in the last 2 min.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts