Fumble-itis the latest ailment

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Posted Nov. 28, 2005
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

ANDRAE THURMAN

Fumble-itis the latest ailment to hit Packers

By Rob Demovsky
PackersNews.com

PHILADELPHIA — Add something else to the Green Bay Packers’ long list of problems. Now, they can’t seem to hang onto the football.

An inability to complete the most basic task in the game doomed the Packers in their latest loss — a 19-14 defeat on Sunday at the Philadelphia Eagles.

Four times, the Packers put the ball on the Lincoln Financial Field turf. Three times, the Eagles recovered.

Nothing changed Sunday’s game more than a pair of fumbled kickoff returns. The Eagles got 10 points off those deflating turnovers.

No matter what coach Mike Sherman and special teams coach John Bonamego did to field a functional return unit, it didn’t work.

ReShard Lee fumbled his second return attempt of the game after the Eagles had taken a 3-0 lead. Eagles running back Brian Westbrook quickly turned that into a 27-yard touchdown run.

Lee, who said he has been fighting a rib injury since the Nov. 13 game at Atlanta, was benched in favor of Andrae Thurman, who fumbled a fourth-quarter kickoff after the Eagles had taken a 16-14 lead. The Eagles tacked on a field goal, and though the Packers got another crack, they went into their final drive needing a touchdown instead of a field goal to win.

“I ain’t going to lie,â€

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Today I read on packersnews.com they will use silk- covered foot balls. How shall I understand that? :eek: :wink:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

But seriously: Why must 11 more or less fumble- filled (and most of them lost) games be played until they take that step?
We are experienced with fumblers (A. Green) and should know how to practice against fumbles.

Harald

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
they have a silk cover that slips around the footballs. but good pt. if i were a HC i would practice with them in mini camp. how about some prevention instead of fixing it when it breaks.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We put boxing gloves on Ahmad Carroll so he doesn't hold in practice and now silk-covered footballs???? Hey, I've got an idea? How about some better players instead? <sarcasm>

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sixone220 said:
they have a silk cover that slips around the footballs. but good pt. if i were a HC i would practice with them in mini camp. how about some prevention instead of fixing it when it breaks.

you mean be proactive instead of reactive? Sherman hasn't done that ever, why would he start now.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm not gonna argue with the better players thing. we watched this team reach for picks since wolf left.

maybe ryan can work on something and this forum can draft for the team this yr. majority rules.

Members online

Latest posts