Fußball-Bundesliga

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
As long as we don`t get into "My dad can fight your dad !" stuff here, I`m cool.....:laugh: (because my dad could so fight your dad.....lol)

As much as id like to continue the joke, that would not now be physically possible. But back in the day.......omg. :eek:

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

As much as id like to continue the joke, that would not now be physically possible. But back in the day.......omg. :eek:

Sorry mate....in reality my Dad passed away five years ago. I`ll just extract my foot from my mouth :(

I

Hey, I'm ready for the new 14/15 season, my season tickets just arrived today ! :tup:
Only three weeks until kickoff !
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

tickets ??? plaural ?? You mean you force others (possibly Mrs Nessie ?) to watch Hamburg play ?? :whistling::D

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Sorry mate....in reality my Dad passed away five years ago. I`ll just extract my foot from my mouth :(

Our Dads' generation were tough men. Mine was in the U.S. Navy during WWII and a Bridge, Structural and Ornamental Ironworker all of his life after that. You know those guys; the guys who put those steel beams together waaaayy up off of the ground. Being an ex sailor and ironworker, he taught his boys a wonderful vocabulary whenever something made him angry. LOL

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
I fixed the Dauerkarten for you nessie. Some unscrupulous basturd knifed some holes in them. :D

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I fixed the Dauerkarten for you nessie. Some unscrupulous basturd knifed some holes in them. :D

Jaja, war nicht besonders schön Sandolf, ich weiß.....es war halt "quick and dirty", just to erase my name before posting it somewhere in the web :D;)
You are obviously much better than me in using Photoshop or similar programs.:tup:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Our Dads' generation were tough men. Mine was in the U.S. Navy during WWII and a Bridge, Structural and Ornamental Ironworker all of his life after that. You know those guys; the guys who put those steel beams together waaaayy up off of the ground. Being an ex sailor and ironworker, he taught his boys a wonderful vocabulary whenever something made him angry. LOL

Durn right Croak, mine served defending Dunkirk taken POW at St Valery for the duration of WW2. After he stayed on in Germany and Austria workin on Farms he really liked both countrys.

I

Great story Croak. My Dad was too young to serve during WW2 but did his national service with the Royal Engineers, a service he was very very proud of. He was a whitesmith (sheet metal worker) by trade and it wasn`t until I worked in the same department as him that I found out how good he was. Dad was the go to guy when they wanted a precision job doing. I spent my four years in the engineering department being told how good he was by other tradesmen even those in his own trade. We shared the same Christian name and I was always introduced to people as Bills Son. He was a fiery old bugger....lol, but my hero too ;).

Last edited by a moderator:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Entertaining start to the 2.Liga.

2:2 draw between Fortuna Düsseldorf and Eintracht Braunschweig

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I just couldnt resist when visiting the HSV "City Store" this afternoon. I needed to get
me a Lasogga shirt ! :rolleyes::D

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Well, I just couldnt resist when visiting the HSV "City Store" this afternoon. I needed to get
me a Lasogga shirt ! :rolleyes::D

I like this shirt alot better than the home and away efforts, good choice nessie! :tup:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
The 2.Liga has started off with all 4 games ending in draws so far.

Notably, RedBull Leipzig at home ended in a 0:0 tie with VFR Aalen, a team not expected to have good results this year.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 2.Liga has started off with all 4 games ending in draws so far.

Notably, RedBull Leipzig at home ended in a 0:0 tie with VFR Aalen, a team not expected to have good results this year.
My only wish is that RB wont promote but I'm afraid we'll see this Team Plastic in the 1. Bundesliga next year. Money isn't an issue for them.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
My only wish is that RB wont promote but I'm afraid we'll see this Team Plastic in the 1. Bundesliga next year. Money isn't an issue for them.

They are already riding 2 straight promotions. I don't think they can go up this year. While money is not an issue for them, and they keep spending, it goes against the model that has made the Bundesliga the best league in the world and extremely fun to watch. I think there is too much talent in the 2.Liga that will prohibit them from finishing top 2, and I don't think they could win a playoff with the 3rd spot.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Great story Croak. My Dad was too young to serve during WW2 but did his national service with the Royal Engineers, a service he was very very proud of. He was a whitesmith (sheet metal worker) by trade and it wasn`t until I worked in the same department as him that I found out how good he was. Dad was the go to guy when they wanted a precision job doing. I spent my four years in the engineering department being told how good he was by other tradesmen even those in his own trade. We shared the same Christian name and I was always introduced to people as Bills Son. He was a fiery old bugger....lol, but my hero too ;).

I shared the sad part of the story on here before. The family was divided during that terrible war. Dad had relatives who were Luftwaffe Pilots.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
I was a wuss this morning. I was too tired to get up early to watch the FCN game. 1:0 win over Aue.

Members online

Latest posts