Fußball-Bundesliga

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Having read the article today about Ozil paying for the medical treatment of 23 Brazilian children as a thanks for the hospitality of Brazil, just shows what a class he is.

He did not have the best world cup in terms of performance, but for doing that he deserves praise. Proving that not all of them are ignorant morons, more players should take his example.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
AG - Aktiengesellschaft - (Corporation) As in the end of Bayern's official name.
Thats the corporate form Croak, but the examples with FV, SV, TSV, FC etc dont say anything about the corporate form.
Until a few years ago most clubs were a e.V. (I explained that), nowadays more and more football teams change to AG (plcs) or AG & Co. KGaA (joint stock company)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Thats the corporate form Croak, but the examples with FV, SV, TSV, FC etc dont say anything about the corporate form.
Until a few years ago most clubs were a e.V. (I explained that), nowadays more and more football teams change to AG (plcs) or AG & Co. KGaA (joint stock company)

Ahh, thanks. I didn't know that. I just noticed that the official Bayern name has the AG after it. Interesting German lessons Nessie. :tup: Now, I have trouble distinguishing how to pronounce the two similar sounding words "nach" and "noch". When I used one or the other, my German friends would look at me funny until they figured out what I meant to say. A little help here please?

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahh, thanks. I didn't know that. I just noticed that the official Bayern name has the AG after it. Interesting German lessons Nessie. :tup: Now, I have trouble distinguishing how to pronounce the two similar sounding words "nach" and "noch". When I used one or the other, my German friends would look at me funny until they figured out what I meant to say. A little help here please?
Totally different meanings.
nach is a preposition Croak. Example: I'm driving to Hamburg - ich fahre nach Hamburg. Another example with temporal meaning: After dinner I'll watch the game on TV - Nach dem Abendessen werde ich das Spiel im Fernsehen sehen.
Noch is a German particle word. Example: I havent seen him yet = Ich habe ihn noch nicht gesehen.
Sounds complicated ? It is ;) Its German grammar :D
Btw - I'll never understand when to use these and/or those....remains a mystery to me. ;)

Last edited:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Btw - I'll never understand when to use these and/or those....remains a mystery to me. ;)

I can help you out with that.

These - meaning nearby or in your possession. I have "these" items for sale. "These" items are in your possession.

Those - Not in your possession, or far away. I would like to buy "those" items. Meaning, those items over there that are not in your possession.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can help you out with that.

These - meaning nearby or in your possession. I have "these" items for sale. "These" items are in your possession.

Those - Not in your possession, or far away. I would like to buy "those" items. Meaning, those items over there that are not in your possession.
Hey thats a good and helpful explanation , thanks Bundesbiers ! :tup::)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Jaja....I know, German is a weird language. But not half as difficult as Russian :rolleyes::D
Btw - this is a store in Hamburg ;)
If you google this example you find out that in English 13 words are needed to express the same meaning
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/sep/21/germans-word-long-language

Complete random pic Hamburg? cool :) Typically German to be efficient and say it in one instead of thirteen. :tup::D
Russian is a whole new level of difficult! yepp.
Edit: i like - Handschuhschneeballwerfer

Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Complete random pic Hamburg? cool :) Typically German to be efficient and say it in one instead of thirteen. :tup::D
Russian is a whole new level of difficult! yepp.
Edit: i like - Handschuhschneeballwerfer
We dont use this word to be honest. But Sitzpinkler (man who sits down to pee) is quite common ! :D

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
So Rummenigge is not happy the season is starting on time??? C'mon Karl, the loss of Kroos wasn't that big of a deal for a team that won the title early the past two seasons. Bayern can easily afford to rest a couple players and even take a few losses at the beginning of the season. What's he up to?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I almost bought tickets to go see Bayern when they come to New Jersey (really New York City extended). But I remember when I went to see the USMNT vs Mannschaft, that a lot of the regular starters weren't there because they were resting from playoffs and preparing for the start of the Bundesliga season. So, in my mind, there is a good chance guys like Mueller, Schweini, Lahm and co. won't be on this short U.S. tour. I guess I'll take a pass on this game. It's not worth the hassle of transportation and parking and cost at the Red Bull Arena.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I almost bought tickets to go see Bayern when they come to New Jersey (really New York City extended). But I remember when I went to see the USMNT vs Mannschaft, that a lot of the regular starters weren't there because they were resting from playoffs and preparing for the start of the Bundesliga season. So, in my mind, there is a good chance guys like Mueller, Schweini, Lahm and co. won't be on this short U.S. tour. I guess I'll take a pass on this game. It's not worth the hassle of transportation and parking and cost at the Red Bull Arena.
You might be right Croak, I dont expect Schweinsteiger, Lahm and Co. to be back after only two weeks of holiday.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Pep says Julian Green will remain on the first squad depending on what players might come in to the team. Is there a chance of truth to the Reuss rumor during silly season?

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Pep says Julian Green will remain on the first squad depending on what players might come in to the team. Is there a chance of truth to the Reuss rumor during silly season?

I guess that's why Julian hasn't even been in the lineup with the Bayern II squad. This will be interesting. The guy was in for what 5 minutes in the World Cup and he scores a goal. I hope that's a sign of great things to come from him.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
It's official; the guys who saw a late run in the World Cup won't join the U.S. tour until it is in Portland. This from Bayern's web page; "Manuel Neuer, Philipp Lahm, Bastian Schweinteiger, Jérôme Boateng, Thomas Müller and Mario Götze - plus semi-finalists Arjen Robben and Dante will join the squad in the course of the five-day stay in Portland."

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Totally off topic but I had to share this for Nessie's sake. This is what I've been saying since my partnerships in Germany in the early 2000's; http://www.newsweek.com/2014/07/25/top-world-could-be-start-century-german-success-259410.html

Like I said; I'd live there if I could. I kind of envy a country whose leader has an over 70 per cent approval rating.

Now back to your regularly scheduled Bundesliga discussion....

Interesting article Croak, thanks for sharing.
But I must say some things look different when you are living here ;)
For example the low unemployment rate - the limited emplyment contracts have never been higher before. They are three times as much as 20 years ago. Same with the low-pay sector. Yes, they all have jobs but they cant feed their families and therefore get additional money from the employment agency. They do have a fulltime job but still dont earn enough money to make a living. To me something is wrong. :cautious:
And this quote characterzises our chancellor Angie pretty good "check how the winds are blowing, go with the flow" :D
On the other side I'd like to live in the US because sometimes Im sick of all the regulations we have here. But I'm pretty sure living in the US is completely different from travelling the US twice a year. ;)
Seems like the grass is always greener on the other side ! :D

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, here are our new shirts. :rolleyes:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Can adidas please hire a couple new designers ? :cautious:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts