Fußball-Bundesliga

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Toni Kroos is going to Real Madrid for a 30 million transfer fee and a five year deal. It will be sad to see him leave Bayern, but at least FCB got some money out of his departure unlike Dortmund with Lewandowski.

I hate to say it Croak but thats cheap, Real got a bargain there. Luiz went for £40m+ and he's nowhere near as good as Kroos. But as you said better than nothing.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Doppelschlag kurz vor Schluss. Painful way to lose.

1860 II 2:1 over Bamberg with goals in the 88th and 90th+1 minute. Crappy.
Doppelschlag kurz vor Schluss. Painful way to lose.

1860 II 2:1 over Bamberg with goals in the 88th and 90th+1 minute. Crappy.

Biers; If I recall, you are from the west coast of the U.S. Does your TV provider show these games? If so, what channel?

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Stupid question I know but are Eintracht Bamberg, a different club from Eintracht Frankfurt ????

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stupid question I know but are Eintracht Bamberg, a different club from Eintracht Frankfurt ????
What makes you think they might be not different clubs Bill ? :cautious: Because of Eintracht ?
Eintracht is quite common for football teams.....and....German men's choirs ! :eek::D
They are as independent from each other, like Sheffield United and Manchester United in England ;)

I

What makes you think they might be not different clubs Bill ? :cautious: Because of Eintracht ?
Eintracht is quite common for football teams.....and....German men's choirs ! :eek::D
They are as independent from each other, like Sheffield United and Manchester United in England ;)

Thank you Nessie. Just checking :tup:. German is not my native language.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Heres another dumb question, whats the (Bayer) Leverkusen, (Bayern) Munchen, thing related in any way or form? or just something different. :confused::)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Heres another dumb question, whats the (Bayer) Leverkusen, (Bayern) Munchen, thing related in any way or form? or just something different. :confused::)

Ooohhh, now you're getting low...:mad:. But since you asked; "Bayer" makes pills. "Bayern" just makes a championship team that's hard to swallow for some people. :p

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Ooohhh, now you're getting low...:mad:. But since you asked; "Bayer" makes pills. "Bayern" just makes a championship team that's hard to swallow for some people. :p

I kinda knew the ''Bayer'' thing like a sponsor, Bayern means something else im guessing, they are a bitter pill of some yepp, but not all. :p

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Biers; If I recall, you are from the west coast of the U.S. Does your TV provider show these games? If so, what channel?

Yeah, I live in Vegas.

For the Bamberg games (4th division), I can only listen to Bamberg Radio for the game call, plus live ticker.

For Bundesliga, 2.Bundesliga and 3.Liga, I get about 3 games per week on GOLTV (although GOLTV's contract with the Bundesliga expires after this season, and Fox Sports picks up the broadcast licensing in the US starting next season). For games that are not on TV that I want to watch, I stream the games online at firstrowsports.eu

I had to do that with all of Koeln's games last year... streaming on firstrowsports.eu. It's a free site with nothing to download (although there are downloadable things on the site, don't click on them).

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Deciphering the abbreviations can be amusing... FC being the most common... whereby the Germans tend to put them at the beginning. FC Bayern München as opposed to Chelsea FC.

V = Verein... (which is another German word for club)
HSV = Hamburger Sport Verein... but in German words tend to be written together as in Hamburger Sportverein). There is an e.v. at the end which identifies the business type. Eigennutzigerverien ? (nessie would know).

small f = für (English for)

B = Bewegungssport... (Bescheurten would be better... :D).
L = Leistungssport

Can anybody name any other combinations?

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Deciphering the abbreviations can be amusing... FC being the most common... whereby the Germans tend to put them at the beginning. FC Bayern München as opposed to Chelsea FC.

HSV = Hamburger Sport Verein... but in German words tend to be written together as in Hamburger Sportverein). There is an e.v. at the end which identifies the business type. Eigennutzigerverien ? (nessie would know).

L = Leistungssport

A few
The Irish football association (FAI Football Association of Ireland) or Find Another Irishman. :)
FCUM - Football Club United of Manchester. the breakaway rebels.
PAOK F.C. - Panthessaloníkios Athlitikós Ómilos Konstantinoupolitón. Greek team
CBF - Confederação Brasileira de Futebol. No idea. :D

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score

L = Leistungssport

FV= Fussballverein
SV= Spielverein
TSV= Turn- und Sportverein
SpVgg = Spielvereinigung

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
FV= Fussballverein
SV= Spielverein
TSV= Turn- und Sportverein
SpVgg = Spielvereinigung

Some other weird German abbreviations for sports teams ;)

TuRa=Turn und Rasensportverein (TuRa Harksheide )
VfR=Verein für Rasenspiele (e.g. VfR Aalen)
VfB=Verein für Ballsport (VfB Stuttgart)
BVB =Ballspielverein Borussia (BVB Dortmund)
FSV = Fussball Sportverein (FSV Mainz 05)
SG = Spielgemeinschaft (SG Hoechst)
TSG = Turn und Spielgemeinschaft (TSG Hoffenheim, before they tried the Marketing Gag with 1899 Hoffenheim)
VfL = Verein für Leistungssport (VFL Wolfsburg)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

L = Leistungssport

e.V. means Eingetragener Verein, registered association, non profit and charitable and therefore has to payer lower taxes ;)
But the HSV professional football department is now a AG (plc) since July, 1st.

I

Having read the article today about Ozil paying for the medical treatment of 23 Brazilian children as a thanks for the hospitality of Brazil, just shows what a class he is.

Members online

Latest posts