Fußball-Bundesliga

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
They were speaking English and no doubt that they were native speakers although I could not hear a (strong) scottish accent.
But as you wrote before, not everybody in Scotland speaks like Amy McD. or Sir Alex :D
Oh Yes, I am really happy that we wont have a season like last year again....:)

Ahh no doubt they were scots then, btw found out recently Amy McD played a gig near me just before her career took off. Bummer wish id known then what i know now.:rolleyes:
When will VdVaart be back or is he playing again?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Ref really stuck it to Dortmund today. Boy, that was awful. I felt bad for Dortmund even though I was hoping they would lose.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahh no doubt they were scots then, btw found out recently Amy McD played a gig near me just before her career took off. Bummer wish id known then what i know now.:rolleyes:
When will VdVaart be back or is he playing again?

There is a slight chance that he can play against Leverkusen next week.
But this is the last game before the winter break starts and I wouldnt take a risk if he's not 100 % fit.
The team is doing good without him and we need vdVaart in good shape for the second half of the season.

Btw - crazy trip, the team left Hamburg 1 hour after the game for a 48 hours trip to Brazil :eek:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/soccer-brazil-opens-stadium-not-world-cup-134354810--sow.html

Maybe you will have another chance to see her next year, she recently announced her UK tour dates but only Aberdeen is scheduled so far.
But I know what you mean, a missed opportunity to see her before she became famous ;)
I am thinking about buying some tickets if she plays in Glasgow or Edinburgh, I think my wife would love it.
Unfortunately I missed her gig in Hamburg 2011.
Some years ago I've seen a band in Hamburg as a supporting act of Travis and I thought they were very, very good and I was sure they will have huge success but I was wrong.
They became quite popular in the UK but not really very successful. Do you know Athlete ? I still like them very much.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ref really stuck it to Dortmund today. Boy, that was awful. I felt bad for Dortmund even though I was hoping they would lose.

There is no doubt that this was a game changing decision of Mr. Stark, one of the most arrogant refs in German professional football.:mad:
He appologized after the game and the DFB announced that they wont suspend Schmelzer although he was sent off with a red card.
But to be honest - its hard for refs to see what we can see with super slowmos on TV.
Not an easy job....

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
There is a slight chance that he can play against Leverkusen next week.
But this is the last game before the winter break starts and I wouldnt take a risk if he's not 100 % fit.
The team is doing good without him and we need vdVaart in good shape for the second half of the season.

Btw - crazy trip, the team left Hamburg 1 hour after the game for a 48 hours trip to Brazil :eek:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/soccer-brazil-opens-stadium-not-world-cup-134354810--sow.html

Maybe you will have another chance to see her next year, she recently announced her UK tour dates but only Aberdeen is scheduled so far.
But I know what you mean, a missed opportunity to see her before she became famous ;)
I am thinking about buying some tickets if she plays in Glasgow or Edinburgh, I think my wife would love it.
Unfortunately I missed her gig in Hamburg 2011.
Some years ago I've seen a band in Hamburg as a supporting act of Travis and I thought they were very, very good and I was sure they will have huge success but I was wrong.
They became quite popular in the UK but not really very successful. Do you know Athlete ? I still like them very much.

I think VdVaart just being part of the squad again is partly to do with the improvement for HSV.
Going to Brazil?!! lucky boys nice warm weather down there at least.

Yep it was in 2007 at really small local venue that she played, must have been really good her voice would have been huge in there. BTW it was Travis that inspired her to become a singer and do her own songs after seeing them at T in the park. If you can try for Glasgow that's her hometown the crowd will be really good. Athlete flew under my radar don't know much about them, but after you tubing them they seem like a good band.:tup: i think they are way better than Coldplay who for me are so bland, shame Athlete never got to hit it big.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
There is no doubt that this was a game changing decision of Mr. Stark, one of the most arrogant refs in German professional football.:mad:
He appologized after the game and the DFB announced that they wont suspend Schmelzer although he was sent off with a red card.
But to be honest - its hard for refs to see what we can see with super slowmos on TV.
Not an easy job....

It was hard to see full speed, but he seemed set on calling against Dortmund all night. Dortmund looks scary good even in defeat. Lewandoski. Reus and Goetze are head and shoulders above Kiessling and Leverkusen.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Mmmmm here is a curve ball, Bayern a possibility? or a bored journalist stirring it up who knows.............Not so sure that would be a good fit, do coaches from other countries do well in Germany? I only know of Trapp and Happel.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...h-target-Manchester-City-Chelsea-chasing.html

Rummenigge claims they aren't talking to anyone but Jupp. He claims they won't talk to anyone until 2013. I believe it is hoped that they keep their current fantastic coach another year.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mmmmm here is a curve ball, Bayern a possibility? or a bored journalist stirring it up who knows.............Not so sure that would be a good fit, do coaches from other countries do well in Germany? I only know of Trapp and Happel.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...h-target-Manchester-City-Chelsea-chasing.html
Oh yes, beside of the legendary Ernst Happel we had Branko Zebcec as one of our most successful coaches ever in Hamburg.
Or dont forget Louis van Gaal, Pal Csernai or Zlatko "Tschik" Cajkovski - they all won Championships with Bayern Munich. (DFP Pokal and/or German Championships)
In my opinion Bayern Munich would be the only club in Germany who could afford to sign Pep Guardiloa but I agree with Croak, they should try to sign Heynckes for another year if he doesnt want to retire.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Oh yes, beside of the legendary Ernst Happel we had Branko Zebcec as one of our most successful coaches ever in Hamburg.
Or dont forget Louis van Gaal, Pal Csernai or Zlatko "Tschik" Cajkovski - all of them won Championships with Bayern Munich. (DFP Pokal and/or German Championships)
In my opinion Bayern Munich would be the only club in Germany who could afford to sign Pep Guardiloa but I agree with Croak, they should try to sign Heynckes for another year if he doesnt want to retire.

Louis van Gaal of course i forgot about him, ahh right so a few others have also done well also good to hear. Pep Guardiloa is still the elephant in the room, but not sure his mentality and style would be suitable for Bayern as an outsider looking in the BL for me has a very distinctive character all its own. Not every team is as easy to coach as Championship Manager 2012 Barca.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Boy, if Hamburg beats Leverkusen they could jump into the top tier if I'm reading the tables right.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boy, if Hamburg beats Leverkusen they could jump into the top tier if I'm reading the tables right.

Yepp and as much I would like to see this I dont think this will happen.
I would be glad with a draw and 25 points are awesome for the first half of the season, especially when I remind myself of last season.
I still have nightmares when I think about what could have happened....:rolleyes:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Disappointed with the Monchengladbach tie. I still think Boateng is the weak link on that defense. It was his hand ball in the box that gave Monchengladbach the point. He jumped up in front of a cross and swung himself around like a schoolboy. I hope Jupp comes up with a better solution to the loss of Badstuber.

(I edited this because last night when I went to bed it dawned on me that I wrote about the wrong game.)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Come on Hamburg. It's only the halftime. You can come back. Leverkusen has some weak spots.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Disappointed with the Monchengladbach tie. I still think Boateng is the weak link on that defense. It was his hand ball in the box that gave Monchengladbach the point. He jumped up in front of a cross and swung himself around like a schoolboy. I hope Jupp comes up with a better solution to the loss of Badstuber.

(I edited this because last night when I went to bed it dawned on me that I wrote about the wrong game.)

Well, Jerome has very good ball skills and to me he has all the abilities to be one of the best defenders in the country.
I dont think there's a better option for Bayern as long as Badstuber is injured.
But I am tired of all the hand penalties we had in the past weeks, most of them were not legit. :rolleyes:
And I dont think that Boateng did it on purpose, so also no penalty in this case as well......in my opinion... ;)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Well, Jerome has very good ball skills and to me he has all the abilities to be one of the best defenders in the country.
I dont think there's a better option for Bayern as long as Badstuber is injured.
But I am tired of all the hand penalties we had in the past weeks, most of them were not legit. :rolleyes:
And I dont think that Boateng did it on purpose, so also no penalty in this case as well......in my opinion... ;)

Yeah, I agree. It looked like he was trying to avoid a hand ball, but jumping up in the air and flailing around is not the way to do it. Maybe it's just youthful exuberance or inexperience, but you can almost see opposing teams targeting him.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I was really hoping Hamburg would win. Now Leverkusen is within 9 points of Bayern. But the announcer said Hamburg has too many injuries to overcome at the moment. Hopefully the break will help them heal up.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Anybody watch the Schalke/Freiburg comedy match? There was more acting in that match than at Universal Studios.:roflmao:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was really hoping Hamburg would win. Now Leverkusen is within 9 points of Bayern. But the announcer said Hamburg has too many injuries to overcome at the moment. Hopefully the break will help them heal up.

Yeah after the break van de Vaart will be back and I am sure this will help. :tup:
But the team did well without van der Vaart so far, except yesterday.
It was a well deserved win for Leverkusen and Hamburg only played well for 25 minutes in the first half with more ball possession than Leverkusen but fell apart after the first goal.
Maybe there would have been a chance if Rudnevs had scored with his header just one minute after Kiessling.
Anyway - I am quite satisfied with 24 points after the first half of the season.
Could have been worse ;)
I will see the Schalke - Freiburg highlights later, sounds interesting.
Btw - Schalke fired their coach Huub Stevens this morning :eek:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Nessie, if Hamburg is 6 and a half million short, why did they take that expensive trip to South America? It seems to me they could have saved money and retained players.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Another question; Any idea why there are no Bundesliga teams in the Berlin/Brandenburg area?

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nessie, if Hamburg is 6 and a half million short, why did they take that expensive trip to South America? It seems to me they could have saved money and retained players.

Well it might be a surprise Croak, but thats why they made the trip.
They got roundabout 1.0 m USD / 850.000 Euros for this trip to Porto Alegre.
No doubt that a 72 hour trip to Brazil is crazy but we needed the money ;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another question; Any idea why there are no Bundesliga teams in the Berlin/Brandenburg area?

Well Hertha should play Bundesliga. They have everything - a huge city with many companies and potential sponsors, many fans and Hertha is one of the most traditional clubs in Germany.
But they have one of the worst management in professional football since years. And I dont know why.
Union Berlin is playing well at the moment but I dont see them playing Bundesliga soon. Its a smaller club from the formerly eastern part of Berlin with a great, "old school" football stadium (Alte Foersterei).
Cottbus (Brandenburg) has played Bundesliga for a few years but I think they simply dont have the money to afford a team that can play 1.Bundesliga regularly.
I've been in Cottbus for a HSV away game and I loved this stadium and the region as well (Cottbus is close to "Spreewald", beautiful).

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Where are 1860 Munich now? they remind me of Man City before the arab billionaires arrived the great under achievers. I hear that The Kaiser Franz wanted to join them as a youth but had issues with their team and joined Bayern instead ouch! how slightly different history could have been........ bet they regret that.:rolleyes:

Members online

Latest posts