Fußball-Bundesliga

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw the highlights of the Dusseldorf game two dissalowed goals for HSV? very frustrating and as you said vdVarrt getting hurt. What a bummer hope its not for too long. Who within reason would you have as HSV coach if you could get them? Roll out the Barrel thats real retro, love it.:tup:
Yeah, but they did not deserve a win anyway. :mad:
I have to leave my office in 15 minutes to drive to the stadium for the game against Schalke, I must admit that I predict an easy win for Schalke, HSV plays without vdVaart and Son. :rolleyes:
I would like to see Mirko Slomka (manager of Hannover 96) or Ralf Rangnick as our new HSV Coach. Especially Slmoka is an excellent coach, Hannover is playing very successful since Slomka took over the job from Dieter Hecking, the former coach.
Since then they even qualified for the Europa League two times so that's a huge success.
And Slomka has not signed a new contract so far although his old contract expires in June 2013 ;)
But to be honest - I don't think we will have a chance to sign him, I expect him to stay in Hannover.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, but they did not deserve a win anyway. :mad:
I have to leave my office in 15 minutes to drive to the stadium for the game against Schalke, I must admit that I predict an easy win for Schalke, HSV plays without vdVaart and Son. :rolleyes:
I would like to see Mirko Slomka (manager of Hannover 96) or Ralf Rangnick as our new HSV Coach. Especially Slmoka is an excellent coach, Hannover is playing very successful since Slomka took over the job from Dieter Hecking, the former coach.
Since then they even qualified for the Europa League two times so that's a huge success.
And Slomka has not signed a new contract so far although his old contract expires in June 2013 ;)
But to be honest - I don't think we will have a chance to sign him, I expect him to stay in Hannover.

Well, looks like I made me look stupid myself :rolleyes::D
Awesome game by Hamburg, by far the best game since months.
They fought for every inch of the pitch and even outplayed Schalke for most of the match.
If you guys will have the opportunity to watch the match highlights - don't miss it :tup:
Maybe interesting for you as well: There are protests in every stadium this week, for 12 minutes and 12 seconds there is no support,the whole stadium was silent yesterday.
You could even hear the players shouting at each other on the pitch, somehow strange but a good idea to protest against new safety rules.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...-dfl-plans-to-reduce-away-allocations?cc=5739

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Well, looks like I made me look stupid myself :rolleyes::D
Awesome game by Hamburg, by far the best game since months.
They fought for every inch of the pitch and even outplayed Schalke for most of the match.
If you guys will have the opportunity to watch the match highlights - don't miss it :tup:
Maybe interesting for you as well: There are protests in every stadium this week, for 12 minutes and 12 seconds there is no support,the whole stadium was silent yesterday.
You could even hear the players shouting at each other on the pitch, somehow strange but a good idea to protest against new safety rules.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...-dfl-plans-to-reduce-away-allocations?cc=5739

Ha yes i know what you mean, happened to me many times also. But who cares an unexpected result is great. And against Schalke aswell they are no push overs.:tup: ill see the game on next Mondays BL highlights show.
You never ever know Mirko Slomka sounds like a good prospect, no contract interesting........;)
More protests? hope its worth it. I like how inventive the fans get though, stone cold silences brilliant.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Ha yes i know what you mean, happened to me many times also. But who cares an unexpected result is great. And against Schalke aswell they are no push overs.:tup: ill see the game on next Mondays BL highlights show.
You never ever know Mirko Slomka sounds like a good prospect, no contract interesting........;)
More protests? hope its worth it. I like how inventive the fans get though, stone cold silences brilliant.

Hard to imagine Germans subjecting themselves to such intrusive laws. I thought they were tired of that kind of stuff.

And in other news, the Coach for Freiburg said Bayern would be easy to play because they always play the same way. I guess he's changed his mind by now. I think Chelsea demonstrated exactly how to beat Bayern but few imitate Chelsea's approach to Bayern.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Hard to imagine Germans subjecting themselves to such intrusive laws. I thought they were tired of that kind of stuff.

And in other news, the Coach for Freiburg said Bayern would be easy to play because they always play the same way. I guess he's changed his mind by now. I think Chelsea demonstrated exactly how to beat Bayern but few imitate Chelsea's approach to Bayern.

Mmmm interesting, and true enough lots of dominant clubs do use the same tactics over and over again if it works why change. Im suprised to hear that not many other sides in the BL attempt to frustrate and limit such a dominant team as Bayern. I wonder why that is? Its par for the course in the UK that a side who are really up against it try and ''Rope a dope'' the other side by shutting down the Defence first, and then use fast counter Attacks on the break. Both Chelsea's away goals in the Barcelona semi-final are a good examples of this also.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

That's why most of the fans are protesting against these plans, it's only football not war and the vast majority of fans feel safe when visiting a stadium.
No new rules or laws are needed in my opinion.
But we had some issues during the last months, the pitch invasion in Dusseldorf after their promotion to Bundesliga or burning bengal fires.
Last friday a group of HSV Ultras burned their own banner because of using fireworks and bengal fires.
That's stupid and supports the arguments of the DFB-Officials.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Mmmm interesting, and true enough lots of dominant clubs do use the same tactics over and over again if it works why change. Im suprised to hear that not many other sides in the BL attempt to frustrate and limit such a dominant team as Bayern. I wonder why that is? Its par for the course in the UK that a side who are really up against it try and ''Rope a dope'' the other side by shutting down the Defence first, and then use fast counter Attacks on the break. Both Chelsea's away goals in the Barcelona semi-final are a good examples of this also.

Barca for example with their short and fast passing, they would never change their tactics no matter who's the opponent.
Because they know if they keep up their own tactics and style of football with pressure on the ball, short and quick passes and ball possession they will dominate the game and the opponent.
And if you don't have the ball you simply can't score and that's the style of Bayern as well since so many years.
Yes, shutting down the defence is a possibility but if you only rely on fast counter attacks you have to be very efficient with the very few ball possessions and goal scoring chances you have.
Anyway, Freiburg played well against Bayern but Bayern dominates the league this year and I expect them beating Dortmund on Saturday.

Btw - we have to market a new magazine ..... :rolleyes:
I don't lift a finger for it :sneaky: :D

Stigi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im a german guy, so i grew kinda up with soccer :p Time has changed tho, and i love NFL more than anything else :p

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
That's why most of the fans are protesting against these plans, it's only football not war and the vast majority of fans feel safe when visiting a stadium.
No new rules or laws are needed in my opinion.
But we had some issues during the last months, the pitch invasion in Dusseldorf after their promotion to Bundesliga or burning bengal fires.
Last friday a group of HSV Ultras burned their own banner because of using fireworks and bengal fires.
That's stupid and supports the arguments of the DFB-Officials.

Barca for example with their short and fast passing, they would never change their tactics no matter who's the opponent.
Because they know if they keep up their own tactics and style of football with pressure on the ball, short and quick passes and ball possession they will dominate the game and the opponent.
And if you don't have the ball you simply can't score and that's the style of Bayern as well since so many years.
Yes, shutting down the defence is a possibility but if you only rely on fast counter attacks you have to be very efficient with the very few ball possessions and goal scoring chances you have.
Anyway, Freiburg played well against Bayern but Bayern dominates the league this year and I expect them beating Dortmund on Saturday.

Btw - we have to market a new magazine ..... :rolleyes:
I don't lift a finger for it :sneaky: :D

F.C. Ajax also in the 70s played their way only, short passing and majestic football gave them three European cups in the early part of that decade and what's the common denominator between Ajax and Barca?......Johan Cruyff i know he's Dutch, but nobodys perfect.;)

The only other tactic i can think of for playing against an allegedly stronger opponent is the good old F.C. Wimbledon way of Physical long ball in your face aggression, looking back it was football from the dark ages. But it seemed to work for them, it was their badge of honour not pretty but it was effective. id really like to see Wimbledon 1988 v Barcelona 2012 truly Beauty against the Beast.:roflmao: :alien:

Oh btw i saw HSVs highlights 3-1, great performance first goal was a screamer. Well deserved.:tup: Ha you must have spilled you coffee when you saw that front cover.:D

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Im a german guy, so i grew kinda up with soccer :p Time has changed tho, and i love NFL more than anything else :p

Yep times sure change, but no harm in sticking with your team if you have one .

Stigi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes thats true PackerFan71, but i dont have a favorite soccerteam anymore, so....

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes thats true PackerFan71, but i dont have a favorite soccerteam anymore, so....

If you say you dont have a favorite soccerteam anymore that means you had one before ?
Well, that's something I can't understand. I am a HSV fan since I was a little boy and I will be a HSV fan for the rest of my life.
I couldnt just quit and say - well, I am not a fan anymore.
And it has not been easy to be a HSV fan during the last 25 years :rolleyes::D

Btw - Bayern only with a draw against Dortmund and HSV plays @ Wolfsburg tonight.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
If you say you dont have a favorite soccerteam anymore that means you had one before ?
Well, that's something I can't understand. I am a HSV fan since I was a little boy and I will be a HSV fan for the rest of my life.
I couldnt just quit and say - well, I am not a fan anymore.
And it has not been easy to be a HSV fan during the last 25 years :rolleyes::D

Btw - Bayern only with a draw against Dortmund and HSV plays @ Wolfsburg tonight.

Yeah, that Bayern v Dortmund was really fast on both sides of the ball. I haven't seen a match like that in a long time. Dortmund has an excellent team as well. It moved so fast and the ball changed sides so quickly that when the ref blew the whistle for the half I was surprised 45 minutes had passed.

Stigi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MHNESSIE what part of me dont be into soccer anymore you dont understand? I was a fan BVB fan in my childhood for like 7 or 8 years. And with the time i just lost interest. Like if you grow up you start to like other things. Life changes. And i noticed that Soccer is not my life. Just get over it ;) I do watch the Europe cup, and the world cup. Champions league games and thats it. And dont compare that now with me being a Packer fan. Thats a whole different story. Hope your question is answered ;)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Hey Nessie apparently i read today somewhere that the goal below was the beginning of the end of the Italian (Catenaccio system) meaning door bolt. Juve had about 10 men behind the ball when he hit it,:eek: the negative way the Azzuri also played helped knockout my all time favourite international side Brazil 82'' out of the world cup the previous year.:cry: I remember watching the game back in the day, but forgot how good Magath's strike was.:tup:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Nessie apparently i read today somewhere that the goal below was the beginning of the end of the Italian (Catenaccio system) meaning door bolt. Juve had about 10 men behind the ball when he hit it,:eek: the negative way the Azzuri also played helped knockout my all time favourite international side Brazil 82'' out of the world cup the previous year.:cry: I remember watching the game back in the day, but forgot how good Magath's strike was.:tup:

...aaaaah, nice memory, the golden years and and the players of the 82/83 team are still heroes for all of us Hamburg fans :)
With Dino Zoff, Platini, Rossi, Boniek, Bettega and Tardelli Juve obviously had one of the best teams in Europe and HSV only were the underdogs.
Reading these names I'm wondering why Italian teams, and especially Juve, were that defensively minded :rolleyes:
And I remember the 3-2 win against Brazil as well , Italy had a Paolo Rossi who scored 3 times against a Brazilian team that maybe was the best Brazilian team ever.
Did I mention that I don't like Italian teams and especially the Italian National team ? :sneaky:;)

And do you remember this World Cup Game as well ? :D
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/410274-fifa-world-cup-history-the-shame-of-gijn

I was a little boy and remember me watching 22 players who did nothing on the field, no running, no tackling, no goal scoring attempts anymore after Germany scored....that was embarrassing :rolleyes:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
...aaaaah, nice memory, the golden years and and the players of the 82/83 team are still heroes for all of us Hamburg fans :)
With Dino Zoff, Platini, Rossi, Boniek, Bettega and Tardelli Juve obviously had one of the best teams in Europe and HSV only were the underdogs.
Reading these names I'm wondering why Italian teams, and especially Juve, were that defensively minded :rolleyes:
And I remember the 3-2 win against Brazil as well , Italy had a Paolo Rossi who scored 3 times against a Brazilian team that maybe was the best Brazilian team ever.
Did I mention that I don't like Italian teams and especially the Italian National team ? :sneaky:;)

And do you remember this World Cup Game as well ? :D
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/410274-fifa-world-cup-history-the-shame-of-gijn

I was a little boy and remember me watching 22 players who did nothing on the field, no running, no tackling, no goal scoring attempts anymore after Germany scored....that was embarrassing :rolleyes:

I like the Defenders reaction to the mixup number 2, he must have been glad.;)
It was almost a home game for Juve since Athens is quite close to Italy. Juve had amazing talent in that side but as you said it beggars belief why they played in such a way. Agreed about the Azzuri i don't like them either, but i must admit i really liked a few of their players Luca Vialli, Gianfranco Zola, for obvious reasons and Robbie Baggio but thats all.

Id say it was the best Brazillian midfield ever, i doubt it we will see anything like it again pure skill. Their only weakness was the defence, it was poor and its what cost them in the end.
OMG yes Austria v West Germany, i think if that happened at a World Cup now both teams would be sent home.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the Defenders reaction to the mixup number 2, he must have been glad.;)
It was almost a home game for Juve since Athens is quite close to Italy. Juve had amazing talent in that side but as you said it beggars belief why they played in such a way. Agreed about the Azzuri i don't like them either, but i must admit i really liked a few of their players Luca Vialli, Gianfranco Zola, for obvious reasons and Robbie Baggio but thats all.

Id say it was the best Brazillian midfield ever, i doubt it we will see anything like it again pure skill. Their only weakness was the defence, it was poor and its what cost them in the end.
OMG yes Austria v West Germany, i think if that happened at a World Cup now both teams would be sent home.
Oh yes, I almost forgot that we had two Germanies those days :eek:;)
Gianfranco Zola ? Great player, is he still living in England or did he return to Italy ? I thought he is a manager somewhere in the "Second Division" ? (or however named nowadays :rolleyes: )

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Oh yes, I almost forgot that we had two Germanies those days :eek:;)
Gianfranco Zola ? Great player, is he still living in England or did he return to Italy ? I thought he is a manager somewhere in the "Second Division" ? (or however named nowadays :rolleyes: )

Yeah seems like ancient history now West Germany, so your off the hook.;)
Zola was voted CFCs greatest ever player by the fans, he didn't know Abramovich was coming so he agreed to go back to his hometown club possibly Cagliari i think. He regretted the decision but decided not to go back on his word even though he was offered much more by Chelsea to stay. He managed West Ham and is Watford's coach now, id be happy if he came back to the Bridge in some capacity hes a good guy always with a big smile.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ha, me and my colleagues were talking about football and the previous World Cups today as well and had a lot of fun because we tried to remember the official World Cup Songs sung by our National teams. :eek:
I must say these songs enriched my life as a football fan, unforgettable :D

They wisely stopped this tradition in the Nineties.
Is this something the Scottish or English teams did as well ? :rolleyes:

I will be at the stadium tonight because HSV plays Hoffenheim.
Will be freezing cold there, we got a lot of snow on Thursday.
Hope for another win and three points for us but I expect a tough game because Hoffenheim sacked their manager on Monday and very often teams have a positive reaction on the field after this.
But Chelsea shows that it hasnt to be like this :sneaky::whistling:
And thats what I hope for Hoffenheim, they dont belong to our Bundesliga, its a team and club with an artificial tradition.
3 or 4 years ago they suddenly began to change their name from TSG Hoffenheim to "1899" Hoffenheim. As if this would give them real history and tradition :rolleyes:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Ha, me and my colleagues were talking about football and the previous World Cups today as well and had a lot of fun because we tried to remember the official World Cup Songs sung by our National teams. :eek:
I must say these songs enriched my life as a football fan, unforgettable :D

They wisely stopped this tradition in the Nineties.
Is this something the Scottish or English teams did as well ? :rolleyes:

I will be at the stadium tonight because HSV plays Hoffenheim.
Will be freezing cold there, we got a lot of snow on Thursday.
Hope for another win and three points for us but I expect a tough game because Hoffenheim sacked their manager on Monday and very often teams have a positive reaction on the field after this.
But Chelsea shows that it hasnt to be like this :sneaky::whistling:
And thats what I hope for Hoffenheim, they dont belong to our Bundesliga, its a team and club with an artificial tradition.
3 or 4 years ago they suddenly began to change their name from TSG Hoffenheim to "1899" Hoffenheim. As if this would give them real history and tradition :rolleyes:

Y ep when we used to qualify for world cups we also produced many a criminal record, here is in my opinion the only decent one also from 82'' in spain.

Hope its W for HSV, Hoffenheim sound really bogus a bit like Gretna F.C. A tiny non viable village team who reached the SPL financed by a millionaire, it didn't last though when the money ran out they were expelled from the league and now don't even exist.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Y ep when we used to qualify for world cups we also produced many a criminal record, here is in my opinion the only decent one also from 82'' in spain.

Hope its W for HSV, Hoffenheim sound really bogus a bit like Gretna F.C. A tiny non viable village team who reached the SPL financed by a millionaire, it didn't last though when the money ran out they were expelled from the league and now don't even exist.

Not that bad ;)
Same with Hoffenheim as you might know.
Dieter Hopp, a billionaire and the founder of SAP finances them.
Nobody likes them and I am excited to see if they will bring more than 300 fans with them to Hamburg.
I guess the standing area for away fans wont be overcrowded tonight :rolleyes:
Maybe I will post a picture here tomorrow.....

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Not that bad ;)
Same with Hoffenheim as you might know.
Dieter Hopp, a billionaire and the founder of SAP finances them.
Nobody likes them and I am excited to see if they will bring more than 300 fans with them to Hamburg.
I guess the standing area for away fans wont be overcrowded tonight :rolleyes:
Maybe I will post a picture here tomorrow.....

Its ok, there are others but they are sooo awful, i don't want to torture you even more.:eek:
I'm torn because one World Cup song i really liked was ''World in motion'' by New Order great tune, but it's England's which is a bummer so i cant like it that much really.:rolleyes: If we ever qualify again Amy Macdonald might be a good choice for Scotland song.:cool: Good idea see if you see the tumbleweeds rolling about in the empty terrace.:ninja:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its ok, there are others but they are sooo awful, i don't want to torture you even more.:eek:
I'm torn because one World Cup song i really liked was ''World in motion'' by New Order great tune, but it's England's which is a bummer so i cant like it that much really.:rolleyes: If we ever qualify again Amy Macdonald might be a good choice for Scotland song.:cool: Good idea see if you see the tumbleweeds rolling about in the empty terrace.:ninja:

wow, has been f****** cold at the game yesterday evening but was worth it - HSV won 2-0 and although it was not a very good game the win was well deserved.
We are climbing up the table and and everything looks much better now than I had expected a few weeks ago :)
I even saw Scots at the game, 3 guys with short sleeved Rangers shirts were walking around there although is has been up to minus ten degrees Celsius out there. :eek::D
Didnt I write that I dont expect more than 300 "die hard fans" from Hoffenheim ? :rolleyes: Well, the official number of fans from Hoffenheim was 173 ! :confused: Thats ridiculous, clubs like Hoffenheim even costs us a lot of money because they simply dont bring fans with them and seats are not sold.
This corner is usually crowded with away fans

Another impression of yesterdays game:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
wow, has been f****** cold at the game yesterday evening but was worth it - HSV won 2-0 and although it was not a very good game the win was well deserved.
We are climbing up the table and and everything looks much better now than I had expected a few weeks ago :)
I even saw Scots at the game, 3 guys with short sleeved Rangers shirts were walking around there although is has been up to minus ten degrees Celsius out there. :eek::D
Didnt I write that I dont expect more than 300 "die hard fans" from Hoffenheim ? :rolleyes: Well, the official number of fans from Hoffenheim was 173 ! :confused: Thats ridiculous, clubs like Hoffenheim even costs us a lot of money because they simply dont bring fans with them and seats are not sold.
This corner is usually crowded with away fans

Another impression of yesterdays game:

Man look at those empty spaces pretty poor eh? our local amature teams get more than that.
I wonder if they were Scots or Hamburg fans, pretty dedicated or crazy walking around in short shirts in weather like that. 3 points in the bag good stuff, looks like its going to better season than last year nessie.:)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man look at those empty spaces pretty poor eh? our local amature teams get more than that.
I wonder if they were Scots or Hamburg fans, pretty dedicated or crazy walking around in short shirts in weather like that. 3 points in the bag good stuff, looks like its going to better season than last year nessie.:)

They were speaking English and no doubt that they were native speakers although I could not hear a (strong) scottish accent.
But as you wrote before, not everybody in Scotland speaks like Amy McD. or Sir Alex :D
Oh Yes, I am really happy that we wont have a season like last year again....:)

Members online

Latest posts