Fußball-Bundesliga

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Karneval!!! I need to check it out one year. It just happens during a bad time of the year for me to travel.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Hey! I've been to Berlin a few times and never went there. I wonder why my Berlin friends never took me there.

I think it was during the reunification time that all those forced to move from Bonn needed something from home. Your Berlin friends likely had little sensitivity towards Rheinlanders.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Slomka's job is going to be to keep the clock running.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sad day for us Hamburg fans today, the former physiotherapist Hermann Rieger died.

Every time he ran on the pitch to treat a player all Hamburg fans shouted his name, I know him since I was a little boy. I guess all German football fans of my age and older, doesnt matter what team they route for, knew him.
R.I.P. "Burschi"

http://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/1y8fkh/hamburgs_former_physiotherapist_hermann_rieger_is/

www.hsv.de

http://www.hsv.de

Last edited:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
I like the "Dutch Heartbreakers since 1974" shirt ;)
But what do they want to say with "Plastik Kulture Legend" on the Felix Magath shirt ? :cautious:

I believe he gained this notoriety within his days with Bayern and Wolfsburg. The folks at the "Bundesliga Fanatic" website seem to have a unique sense of humor, one that I am quite taken with. :)

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Plastik must be an adopted English word. Kunststoff is plastic... no?

Handy is a term I thought was kind of a strange English word to use to define a mobile phone.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Plastik must be an adopted English word. Kunststoff is plastic... no?

Handy is a term I thought was kind of a strange English word to use to define a mobile phone.

I think its originally a Greek word or derived from Greek....? :cautious:
Handy is weird, I know. And sometimes not easy to remind yourself that its a "mobile phone" and not a "Handy" when talking to native English speakers :rolleyes::D

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I think its originally a Greek word or derived from Greek....? :cautious:
Handy is weird, I know. And sometimes not easy to remind yourself that its a "mobile phone" and not a "Handy" when talking to native English speakers :rolleyes::D

Handy - Useful, im not sure if our American friends use the term much. Did you know what the meaning was nessie?

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Handy - Useful, im not sure if our American friends use the term much. Did you know what the meaning was nessie?
Sure I knew the meaning PackerFan71 and it somehow makes sense in a certain way but probably more than 90 % of us Germans dont have any idea. To them Handy is just another word for Mobiltelefon (mobile phone) ;)

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score

Us Americans have no idea HANDY meant a mobile phone. Never heard it called that before. We call it, "Cell" or "Mobile"

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Sure I knew the meaning PackerFan71 and it somehow makes sense in a certain way but probably more than 90 % of us Germans dont have any idea. To them Handy is just another word for Mobiltelefon (mobile phone) ;)

Yep well i figured nessie, ;) did not know the cellphone one to be honest must be an American thing.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Yep well i figured nessie, ;) did not know the cellphone one to be honest must be an American thing.

You guys never heard the word "Cellphone"? Weird. That's practically all we call it, though some refer to it as a mobile phone.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
You guys never heard the word "Cellphone"? Weird. That's practically all we call it, though some refer to it as a mobile phone.

Of course we have, i meant that you guys called them Handy's or whatever. We dont really call them Cellphones here either ''Mobiles'' is the term we use mostly.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

My hope is back that we might have a chance to avoid relegation....
Impressive and well deserved win !