Fußball-Bundesliga

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Today is the annual meeting of my team HSV and it might be one of the most important days in the history of this club. Its time for change and I'm ready to vote for a better future. Just checked in, now a lot of speeches and there should be already roundabout 7000 people waiting here to vote.

This is my "welcome package" ;)

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk HD

Democracy in action, i hope it goes well and they decide to make the right changes. :tup:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Holsten Pilsener?
Yepp, but only the non-alcoholic beer because alcoholic beverages werent allowed and this for a good reason.
Very tensed atmosphere, especially between Ultra groups and people who wanted the change.
Had some nasty dispute with them myself, very provoking looks and speeches :rolleyes:
Dang, its time to grow up for these black dressed Ultra kids......

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Democracy in action, i hope it goes well and they decide to make the right changes. :tup:
Yeah, I think its a step into the right direction, PackerFan71. Roundabout 80 % voted for a change but in fact nothing has changed so far because we need another vote with more than 75 % in summer when an extraordinary meeting will take place to make the final decision.
Sometimes democracy is a long and stressful process ;)
The HSV plus concept that I support would allow to bring in strategic partners but no (profit orientied) investors. This is a very important difference !
I think I explained it before, strategic partners can buy shares up to 24.9 % of the outsourced HSV Professional Football AG (plc) that will be controlled by HSV e.V.
Bayern Munich is organized that way for example.
Unfortunately the second application for postal or online vote failed with only 73,7 %, I think that would have helped tremendously to bring through HSV Plus in Summer but thats democracy too. ;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, how did it go? Seems like an interesting process. So, did you have a coke or a coffee?
I'm quite satisfied which the results though there is still a long way to go until we will have a modern and contemporary structure.
Most of us got goose bumps when our '83 heroes Horst Hrubesch, Dietmar Jakobs or Thomas von Heesen entered the room to support the HSV Plus initiative. :tup:
And yes, all of my free drink voucher were needed during the 11 hour meeting without any fresh air and daylight :rolleyes:
But I refused to eat my free pea soup, better not when sitting in a room with thousands of people..... :D

Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Winter break is over, Bundesliga starts with an interesting game between Gladbach and Bayern.
Bayern might need some time to find their rhythm, good chance for Gladbach to grab some points.
Hamburg plays Schalke at home, Im excited to see if Ola John, the new Dutch player, can help us immediately.

Goater

Feed the Goat
Reaction score
I have a friend who played for Eintracht Braunschweig's youth team. Instead of turning pro with them he went to the New York Cosmos of the NASL... (actually played with Beckenbauer). He is still close to their presidium though. Out of solidarity I will be hoping they beat the drop.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a friend who played for Eintracht Braunschweig's youth team. Instead of turning pro with them he went to the New York Cosmos of the NASL... (actually played with Beckenbauer). He is still close to their presidium though. Out of solidarity I will be hoping they beat the drop.

Me too ;)
Tried to get some tix for the HSV game at Braunschweig but no tickets sold to the general public. Its a pity :(

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Winter break is over, Bundesliga starts with an interesting game between Gladbach and Bayern.
Bayern might need some time to find their rhythm, good chance for Gladbach to grab some points.
Hamburg plays Schalke at home, Im excited to see if Ola John, the new Dutch player, can help us immediately.

I'm looking forward to Der Cluberers and Hoppenheim. Most everyone in Oberfranken hates Hoppenheim, so a FCN victory will be great.

Goater

Feed the Goat
Reaction score
Hoppenheim? You must have beer on your mind. Have you ever heard that Buddy Hackett routine where he talks about the Filipino salad guy who says "P" for "F" and "F" for "P"?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Sure is nice to have the Bundesliga back! Gladbach didn't put up too much of a fight even though there was no Ribery, Martinez, Mandzukic, or Schweinsteiger. Robben didn't come in until the 79th minute.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Me too ;)
Tried to get some tix for the HSV game at Braunschweig but no tickets sold to the general public. Its a pity :(

Meaning it was sold out, or they have a stadium ban for opposing teams?

Bamberg's main rival, Schweinfurt, when they play in Schweinfurt, they won't allow Bamberg fans in purple to buy a ticket. They even stop them at the train station. It happened to me. It's like I was a criminal or something.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Hoppenheim? You must have beer on your mind. Have you ever heard that Buddy Hackett routine where he talks about the Filipino salad guy who says "P" for "F" and "F" for "P"?

Ahhh, perhaps you don't know. Even Germans in Oberfranken refer to the plastic Hoffenheim team as "Hoppenheim" as an insult.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Sure is nice to have the Bundesliga back! Gladbach didn't put up too much of a fight even though there was no Ribery, Martinez, Mandzukic, or Schweinsteiger. Robben didn't come in until the 79th minute.

:tup::tup::tup:

But the 2.Liga is still a couple weeks away from re-starting.

The Foals looked terrible.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Meaning it was sold out, or they have a stadium ban for opposing teams?

Bamberg's main rival, Schweinfurt, when they play in Schweinfurt, they won't allow Bamberg fans in purple to buy a ticket. They even stop them at the train station. It happened to me. It's like I was a criminal or something.

Completely sold out, Bundesbiers. Its a small stadium with only 25.000 seats and I think they sold many season tickets after being promoted to 1. Bundesliga. There are no stadium bans in the Bundesliga, 10 % of the tickets are reserved for away fans anyway.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Well there's a first. Not only was their not any extra time at the end of the first half of the Freiburg-Leverkusen game, the ref blew the halftime whistle at the 44:54 mark, 6 seconds before 45 full minutes.

GreenDeath

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really surprised to see a Bundesliga thread here! Became a fan of Dortmund years ago when I was playing FIFA as a kid. Their logo had my initials and I thought it was neat and that's what got me started :laugh:. My great grandparents came from Rostock to North America after World War II, the club team from there isn't very good so I never heard much about them, but my Opa did follow them.

It's been a really disappointing season so far. The whole Lewandowski saga and the injuries. We might not even make it into the CL at the rate things are going.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Really surprised to see a Bundesliga thread here! Became a fan of Dortmund years ago when I was playing FIFA as a kid. Their logo had my initials and I thought it was neat and that's what got me started :laugh:. My great grandparents came from Rostock to North America after World War II, the club team from there isn't very good so I never heard much about them, but my Opa did follow them.

It's been a really disappointing season so far. The whole Lewandowski saga and the injuries. We might not even make it into the CL at the rate things are going.

Welcome! your surprised so are we, ;) its grown a little since we started it feel free to join in. :cool:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score

Welcome, and hope you'll post here. There's some good peeps here and some of us aren't even Packer fans. :D

FC Hansa Rostock (YUCK... HOARK)! haha. Well, they are languishing in the 3.Liga, and if they stay there its fine by me. :p

GreenDeath

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome, and hope you'll post here. There's some good peeps here and some of us aren't even Packer fans. :D

FC Hansa Rostock (YUCK... HOARK)! haha. Well, they are languishing in the 3.Liga, and if they stay there its fine by me. :p

Yeah, they are way down there in 3.Liga :laugh: How did you find yourself on this forum if you aren't a Packers fan? I am unbelievably curious how that even worked out!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Welcome from the sole Bayern fan on here so far. :whistling: These guys from Germany, the UK and Scotland know a lot more about world football than me. (I grew up here in the states but I have connections and family in Germany. Thus, not as steeped in world football, because the U.S. is still lagging behind the rest of the world in that area.) So I learn a lot from these guys. They can even tell you where to find good beer! :tup:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts