Fußball-Bundesliga

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
To be honest - if I say things like that about Bremen its only because they are our rivals, I just dont like them. :D
In fact Werder Bremen has been a club with one of the best managements in German Bundesliga for many years.
They had head coaches who worked long term for them (Rehagel, Schaaf) and were well known for very smart transfers they did, just think of players like Pizzaro, Ailton, Naldo, Diego, Özil, Herzog, Klose, Völler, Micoud.
There is a reason why Bremen won multiple championships while HSV didnt win anything. :mad:
But since Klaus Allofs left them to sign with Wolfsburg things are getting worse. The "Wiesenhof" deal is only one example and proof for this as this is a company with a bad reputation, even Werder fans organized protests against Wiesenhof as their new sponsor.

With your comparision to Raiders Fans you hit the nail on the head.
St.P*** fans are die hard fans and love to party at the stadium. But thats all they have as they never won anything, no championship and most of time they play in minor leagues.
Worst thing that could happen to me as a HSV fan is a loss against them like 2011 :rolleyes:
Man, that was a horrible experience having them celebrating their win in our stadium.:mad:

Ah, ok. That makes sense. I think Werder Bremen had Per Mertesacker too, before he became a gooner.

Was that loss to them in the regular season or a DFB-Pokal match?

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ah, ok. That makes sense. I think Werder Bremen had Per Mertesacker too, before he became a gooner.

Was that loss to them in the regular season or a DFB-Pokal match?

You are right Bundesbiers, Mertesacker is another example. He played in Bremen for 5 or 6 years but started his career at Hannover 96.

The loss against St.P*** ? Was a regular season match in one if the very few seasons they played Bundesliga.:rolleyes:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup. Depressing. :poop: And no EPL this weekend, unless your into a silly FA cup. I'm not. :poop:

That the EPL isnt playing this weekend is c**p. Checked the Sky Sports schedule and they air Austrian Bundesliga instead. Well, I think I prefer doing some work around the house or cleaning the car instead. :rolleyes:

Btw- just read Lewandowski is in Munich to be checked by their team physicians and expected to sign his contract with them today.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
That the EPL isnt playing this weekend is c**p. Checked the Sky Sports schedule and they air Austrian Bundesliga instead. Well, I think I prefer doing some work around the house or cleaning the car instead. :rolleyes:

Btw- just read Lewandowski is in Munich to be checked by their team physicians and expected to sign his contract with them today.

Nooo! :mad: I think this is a bad move by my guys at Bayern. He definitely has talent. But I don't like his style of play.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nooo! :mad: I think this is a bad move by my guys at Bayern. He definitely has talent. But I don't like his style of play.

Too late Croak, too late :p:D
If they dont find a hidden ACL or other strange things in his knee they will sign him. ;)
I'm pretty sure he will fit better than you expect now.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score

He scores a ton of goals, so I hope he doesn't sign with Bayern. ;)

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Why do all the Dortmund guys want to play for Bayern? Does no one respect rivalries anymore? I mean, Dortmund won the League title the 2 previous years before Bayern won it last year. Gotze and Lewandowski jumped ship, who's next... Reus?

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Why do all the Dortmund guys want to play for Bayern? Does no one respect rivalries anymore? I mean, Dortmund won the League title the 2 previous years before Bayern won it last year. Gotze and Lewandowski jumped ship, who's next... Reus?

Lets be honest 99% of players are mercenary's money is king, hardly any of them care about the clubs they play for. Its a business and Football clubs will trade any of them like horses.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Lets be honest 99% of players are mercenary's money is king, hardly any of them care about the clubs they play for. Its a business and Football clubs will trade any of them like horses.

It's hard to imagine there's that much of a difference in pay between Dortmund and Bayern.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's hard to imagine there's that much of a difference in pay between Dortmund and Bayern.
There certainly is a difference between Bayern and Dortmund and what they are able to pay their players. Only Bayern can pay salaries like they are usual at European top clubs.
And even Watzke, chairman of BVB, admitted that they are financially ten years behind them and salaries for the team are half of what Bayern pays their players.
Btw just a few numbers - turnover Bayern 400m Euros per year, BVB 300m. And to have a another comparision - HSV turnover is 120m, Bundesliga average is roundabout 98m Euros.
We are obviously getting a problem in our German Bundesliga, this huge difference could lead to a two- or three-class society in Bundesliga one day. And this means boring championships.:cautious:

edit: http://www.dw.de/robert-lewandowski-signs-with-bayern-munich-on-free-transfer/a-17341682

Last edited:
OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
There certainly is a difference between Bayern and Dortmund and what they are able to pay their players. Only Bayern can pay salaries like they are usual at European top clubs.
And even Watzke, chairman of BVB, admitted that they are financially ten years behind them and salaries for the team are half of what Bayern pays their players.
Btw just a few numbers - turnover Bayern 400m Euros per year, BVB 300m. And to have a another comparision - HSV turnover is 120m, Bundesliga average is roundabout 98m Euros.
We are obviously getting a problem in our German Bundesliga, this huge difference could lead to a two- or three-class society in Bundesliga one day. And this means boring championships.:cautious:

Wow so a club like HSV has a turnover of way less than that of Bayern Munich. Thats crazy, Hamburg clearly don't have either Football or Financial people of the right caliber. We have talked about this before Nessie, i believe that HSV are every bit as big a team as Bayern in every way but those in charge have taken the eye off the ball over the years. :(

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

I wonder if there are hidden problems between the players and offices or maybe Klopp doesn't get along as well as we hear.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score

edit: http://www.dw.de/robert-lewandowski-signs-with-bayern-munich-on-free-transfer/a-17341682

So how does that qualify for Financial Fair Play with such a disparity? Or is there none in the Bundesliga? Maybe they should institute a Salary Cap like American Football so it evens things out.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
So how does that qualify for Financial Fair Play with such a disparity? Or is there none in the Bundesliga? Maybe they should institute a Salary Cap like American Football so it evens things out.
It may sounds strange but to me it hasnt anything to do with Financial Fair Play Bundesbiers. What can we do, is it really unfair ? They are making lots of money because they had the best management for at least 3 decades in German football and therefore are the most successful German team.
Somehow well deserved and as a HSV fan its not easy to admit this fact as we were at eye level with them in the 70's and 80's and then lost track because of bad management.
A discussion about Financial Fairplay makes sense if they would be heavily indebted and still do transfers like Lewandowski while other teams wouldnt do that just to stay financially healthy.
This is what UEFA and FIFA are frequently discussing and one of the worst examples is Real Madrid. 590m Euros in debt but still doing transfers like Bale for 120m Euros. Thats where we should have a discussion about Financial Fairplay.
German Bundesliga is doing some things as a solidary group to avoid a two class society. Just think of how TV money is distributed in Germany. If every team would sell TV rights by their own it would be even worse because who cares about Freiburg, Braunschweig or Hoffenheim. They would barely get done a TV deal. I know, thats not enough but at least they are all aware of the problem.
At the moment there are only two ways to close the gap - a) you need to qualify for a European Cup and if you want to make real good money it has to be the Champions League and b) check and change structures of German professional football clubs.
As most of us are against selling teams to owners (me too !) we have to find a way to bring in strategic partners without selling our tradition and hearts to profit orientied owners.
And who has done this first, 10 years ago ? Yes, Bayern again and its time to think about doing the same.
BTW - though there are many things I dont like in Amercian Professional sports - the Salary Cap and Draft System are excellent tools to guarantee competetive teams and exciting championships. But very unlikely that this could be introduced in our football system.
Ooops, sorry for being lenghty.... ;)

Last edited:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
It may sounds strange but to me it hasnt anything to do with Financial Fair Play Bundesbiers. What can we do, is it really unfair ? They are making lots of money because they had the best management for at least 3 decades in German football and therefore are the most successful German team.
Somehow well deserved and as a HSV fan its not easy to admit this fact as we were at eye level with them in the 70's and 80's and then lost track because of bad management.
A discussion about Financial Fairplay makes sense if they would be heavily indebted and still do transfers like Lewandowski while other teams wouldnt do that just to stay financially healthy.
This is what UEFA and FIFA are frequently discussing and one of the worst examples is Real Madrid. 590m Euros in debt but still doing transfers like Bale for 120m Euros. Thats where we should have a discussion about Financial Fairplay.
German Bundesliga is doing some things as a solidary group to avoid a two class society. Just think of how TV money is distributed in Germany. If every team would sell TV rights by their own it would be even worse because who cares about Freiburg, Braunschweig or Hoffenheim. They would barely get done a TV deal. I know, thats not enough but at least they are all aware of the problem.
At the moment there are only two ways to close the gap - a) you need to qualify for a European Cup and if you want to make real good money it has to be the Champions League and b) check and change structures of German professional football clubs.
As most of us are against selling teams to owners (me too !) we have to find a way to bring in strategic partners without selling our tradition and hearts to profit orientied owners.
And who has done this first, 10 years ago ? Yes, Bayern again and its time to think about doing the same.
BTW - though there are many things I dont like in Amercian Professional sports - the Salary Cap and Draft System are excellent tools to guarantee competetive teams and exciting championships. But very unlikely that this could be introduced in our football system.
Ooops, sorry for being lenghty.... ;)

Well I have to say that you opened my eyes to a lot of things that I didn't know. I didn't have any idea of how TV money is distributed in Germany. This was one of the things that I have not discussed with my fuβball friends in Frankonia.

I always thought Bayern had the most money simply because they had the richest owners. I've always heard that the Bundesliga teams had them most teams that were NOT in debt which is only one of many reasons why I think the Bundesliga is the best league in the world. And I don't like the fact that the EPL is doused with Middle Eastern Oil Money.

Thanks for taking the time for making me smarter today.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Here's a pic of me at Hauptkampfbahn Fuch's Park Stadion in Bamberg this past September.

And road trip to the FC Augsburg II v FC Bamberg game.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I have to say that you opened my eyes to a lot of things that I didn't know. I didn't have any idea of how TV money is distributed in Germany. This was one of the things that I have not discussed with my fuβball friends in Frankonia.

I always thought Bayern had the most money simply because they had the richest owners. I've always heard that the Bundesliga teams had them most teams that were NOT in debt which is only one of many reasons why I think the Bundesliga is the best league in the world. And I don't like the fact that the EPL is doused with Middle Eastern Oil Money.

Thanks for taking the time for making me smarter today.

Please dont forget, Bundesbiers, our teams usually dont have any owners like you know it from the US. They are all community owned as they are all "eingetragene Vereine", short - e.V.'s.
For example - Hamburger SV e.V., VfB Stuttgart e.V.
There are a few exceptions like Volkswagen aka VfL Wolfsburg or Bayer 04 Leverkusen where everybody knows there are companies who more or less own these teams.
Bayern or Dortmund already made the first step and outsourced their professional football department to bring in strategic partners or shareholders. Its possible as long the majority of the shares still remain community owned (50+1 rule).
This is something we have to decide about on January 19 th in Hamburg. It will be a long day but I hope its worth to spend my Sunday at the annual meeting to vote for a better HSV future.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Please dont forget, Bundesbiers, our teams usually dont have any owners like you know it from the US. They are all community owned as they are all "eingetragene Vereine", short - e.V.'s.
For example - Hamburger SV e.V., VfB Stuttgart e.V.
There are a few exceptions like Volkswagen aka VfL Wolfsburg or Bayer 04 Leverkusen where everybody knows there are companies who more or less own these teams.
Bayern or Dortmund already made the first step and outsourced their professional football department to bring in strategic partners or shareholders. Its possible as long the majority of the shares still remain community owned (50+1 rule).
This is something we have to decide about on January 19 th in Hamburg. It will be a long day but I hope its worth to spend my Sunday at the annual meeting to vote for a better HSV future.

Yes, I have learned now because of you. I'm truly grateful. Hope all turns out well in Hamburg, now that I understand your situation. Crossing my fingers for your outcome.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Bundesbiers, have you every gone to Lutherstadt Wittenberg? There is a little cafe on the square by the town building that serves the nicest butteriest beer I've ever had. You'll have to give it a try some time, and their asparagus dish was to die for. I'd love to have some of that again.

Also, we all watched the end of the Packers season this weekend, so now we can spend some time watching REAL football. Training started back up. It won't be long!

Members online

Latest posts