Fußball-Bundesliga

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Spirited game between Köln and Düsseldorf. Kolschbiers on the good end of a 3:2 win. Go Geiβbock!

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Ugh... Winter break. :( I rather enjoy waking up at 4:30am on Saturdays. Guess I'll have to find some work around the house to do.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ugh... Winter break. :( I rather enjoy waking up at 4:30am on Saturdays. Guess I'll have to find some work around the house to do.
Honestly, this time Im happy with the winter break because I need myself a break from my awful Hamburg team :rolleyes:
How about watching EPL instead for a few weeks Bundesbiers? ;) I'm looking forward for football on Boxing Day ! :tup::)

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Honestly, this time Im happy with the winter break because I need myself a break from my awful Hamburg team :rolleyes:
How about watching EPL instead for a few weeks Bundesbiers? ;) I'm looking forward for football on Boxing Day ! :tup::)

Oh of course I'll be watching EPL. I'm looking forward to the Arsenal vs Newcastle match on the 29th.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Really nice idea anyway Bundesbiers and it needs real passion for football to listen to all of them because some songs are simply awful and only bareable when you had a couple beers before listening to it :D
I forgot to mention the Union Berlin song with Nina Hagen, another great choice by you because this song, the team and the stadium are iconic ! :tup:
Hope you let us know if you got your overall results? ;)

Yeah, the Union Berlin song, "Eisern Union" is a real rocking tune. I can see how it moves the fans.

One thing that struck me after I finished the project, mostly every team song includes their team colors in the song as real importance. Blau-Weiss, Grun-Weiss, Rot-Weiss, Rot-Grun-Weiss... etc.

For us Americans, we use "colors" as an adjective to describe something. Europeans use color as the subject or noun.

For instance, Green Bay calls themselves the Packers. No one refers to them as the Green-Yellows. Quite an odd thing.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, the Union Berlin song, "Eisern Union" is a real rocking tune. I can see how it moves the fans.

One thing that struck me after I finished the project, mostly every team song includes their team colors in the song as real importance. Blau-Weiss, Grun-Weiss, Rot-Weiss, Rot-Grun-Weiss... etc.

For us Americans, we use "colors" as an adjective to describe something. Europeans use color as the subject or noun.

For instance, Green Bay calls themselves the Packers. No one refers to them as the Green-Yellows. Quite an odd thing.
Interesting and now as you are mentioning it - I never noticed it before. :eek:;)
But as you might know all the "animal names" American sports teams use like Lions, Jaguars, Panthers or whatever will always sound strange to us as well. ;)

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Interesting and now as you are mentioning it - I never noticed it before. :eek:;)
But as you might know all the "animal names" American sports teams use like Lions, Jaguars, Panthers or whatever will always sound strange to us as well. ;)

Good point. I hadn't quite thought about that. Ok, we like animal names and you like colors. All good.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Greetings Meestor Bundesbiers. Glad to see you posting here.

Greetings. Thanks for the invite. Where have ya been? Check out my top 10 Bundesliga team fan songs. I'm pretty sure you'll be excited about #9. Really great song.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Greetings. Thanks for the invite. Where have ya been? Check out my top 10 Bundesliga team fan songs. I'm pretty sure you'll be excited about #9. Really great song.

There is a good bunch of guys here... (and I can easily forgive all of the green on this board... which is kind of neutral between Sky blue and Rags' red). The other thing is that one can carry on a decent conversation without mindless Conc-isms and invasions from the Sisters.

I am just getting back to regular internet access. I'll check out the songs and all of the posts I missed.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Bayern will add David Luiz to their shopping list for summer 2014.
http://sportbild.bild.de/SPORT/bund...luiz/im-sommer-von-chelsea-nach-muenchen.html
They write he could replace Holger Badstuber in case he wont come back as he suffered an ACL tear in the same knee for the second time.

I like Luiz, but he's better as a Midfielder Mourinho does not seem to rate him, id offload him elsewhere though if it came to that well..........unless they gave us Toni Kroos in return. :)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Luiz, but he's better as a Midfielder Mourinho does not seem to rate him, id offload him elsewhere though if it came to that well..........unless they gave us Toni Kroos in return. :)
Would be too good to be true :D
I my opinion Toni Kroos is even better than Özil, underestimated for many years but he made a huge step forward since last season. And he is only 23 yo and still improving....

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Why do you think so, Bundesbiers ? I always found him good on the ball and he is a very dynamic player. In my opinion he is even better Dante...

I just see him as a tweener, position and skill-wise. Lahm is already making some switches between backline and midfield. Just don't see the need for Bayern to have another.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just see him as a tweener, position and skill-wise. Lahm is already making some switches between backline and midfield. Just don't see the need for Bayern to have another.
Hmmm, thats what our Chelsea expert PackerFan71 said as well, Jose uses him as a defender, he might be better when playing midfield. You guys certainly have seen him playing for Chelsea more often than I did.
But as I wrote before - they seem to think about him in case they need a replacement for Badstuber so he likely would play centre back at Bayern.
And van Buyten isnt getting younger so they are in need to sign a new defender and especially a new centre back for the next season.
Btw - Bayern is also interested in Matthias Ginter, centre back for Freiburg. I assume they will only sign one , not both.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Hmmm, thats what our Chelsea expert PackerFan71 said as well, Jose uses him as a defender, he might be better when playing midfield. You guys certainly have seen him playing for Chelsea more often than I did.
But as I wrote before - they seem to think about him in case they need a replacement for Badstuber so he likely would play centre back at Bayern.
And van Buyten isnt getting younger so they are in need to sign a new defender and especially a new centre back for the next season.
Btw - Bayern is also interested in Matthias Ginter, centre back for Freiburg. I assume they will only sign one , not both.

It would be a shame if Freiburg lost Ginter. Such an interesting club with little money, yet do relatively well on occasion.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Nessie, the farthest north in Germany I have been is Dusseldorf. You had mentioned something earlier about Werder Bremen Club/Sponsor being tasteless. Since I haven't been to this part of Germany, I was wondering if you could give me a brief synopsis about this football club in this regard. Is it bad ownership?

Additionally, how do you feel about your rowdy neighbors, St Pauli. They seem like some crazy, die hard fans. They seem like Raider fans to me, which I obviously don't like of course. :p:D

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nessie, the farthest north in Germany I have been is Dusseldorf. You had mentioned something earlier about Werder Bremen Club/Sponsor being tasteless. Since I haven't been to this part of Germany, I was wondering if you could give me a brief synopsis about this football club in this regard. Is it bad ownership?

Additionally, how do you feel about your rowdy neighbors, St Pauli. They seem like some crazy, die hard fans. They seem like Raider fans to me, which I obviously don't like of course. :p:D

To be honest - if I say things like that about Bremen its only because they are our rivals, I just dont like them. :D
In fact Werder Bremen has been a club with one of the best managements in German Bundesliga for many years.
They had head coaches who worked long term for them (Rehagel, Schaaf) and were well known for very smart transfers they did, just think of players like Pizzaro, Ailton, Naldo, Diego, Özil, Herzog, Klose, Völler, Micoud.
There is a reason why Bremen won multiple championships while HSV didnt win anything. :mad:
But since Klaus Allofs left them to sign with Wolfsburg things are getting worse. The "Wiesenhof" deal is only one example and proof for this as this is a company with a bad reputation, even Werder fans organized protests against Wiesenhof as their new sponsor.

With your comparision to Raiders Fans you hit the nail on the head.
St.P*** fans are die hard fans and love to party at the stadium. But thats all they have as they never won anything, no championship and most of time they play in minor leagues.
Worst thing that could happen to me as a HSV fan is a loss against them like 2011 :rolleyes:
Man, that was a horrible experience having them celebrating their win in our stadium.:mad: