Fußball-Bundesliga

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice HSV beat Dortmund? cool! dont get too drunk!:tup:

...what a game !
That win took a lot of pressure off the team, club and fans.
http://hamburg.theoffside.com/team-news/hsv-beat-wait-beat-bvb.html

If you would like to see the goals, somebody uploaded them on youtube (unfortunately not the best quality)
I hope it takes some time until the DFL will find it ;)
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

With this win we saved our own Bundesliga record of games unbeaten.
First loss for Dortmund after 31 games, our own record is 36 games :tup:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
...what a game !
That win took a lot of pressure off the team, club and fans.
http://hamburg.theoffside.com/team-news/hsv-beat-wait-beat-bvb.html

If you would like to see the goals, somebody uploaded them on youtube (unfortunately not the best quality)
I hope it takes some time until the DFL will find it ;)

With this win we saved our own Bundesliga record of games unbeaten.
First loss for Dortmund after 31 games, our own record is 36 games :tup:

Impressive good quality goals! looks like HSV will have a better season than last going on that performance.:tup:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Impressive good quality goals! looks like HSV will have a better season than last going on that performance.:tup:
Looks like the DFL found the video, it has been removed :D
Hamburg plays away in M'gladbach on Wednesday and on Saturday at home against Hannover.
A draw and another win should be possible.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Looks like the DFL found the video, it has been removed :D
Hamburg plays away in M'gladbach on Wednesday and on Saturday at home against Hannover.
A draw and another win should be possible.

Well glad i saw it anyway (killjoys)
Yeah id also go draw, win, for those two.
I found a Bundesliga highlights show here on mondays delighted!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Looks like I'm gonna be trying to watch more Bundesliga (and college football) because I'm done with NFL. It's a joke. Unless they get their house in order, they've lost me as a fan. So here's to REAL football. WORLD football.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Looks like I'm gonna be trying to watch more Bundesliga (and college football) because I'm done with NFL. It's a joke. Unless they get their house in order, they've lost me as a fan. So here's to REAL football. WORLD football.

Is it that bad? i guess it is, i missed what happened near the end of the game (sleep caught up.) Don't know so much about in the Bundesliga but the officials in the Premiership are pretty rank at times also.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Is it that bad? i guess it is, i missed what happened near the end of the game (sleep caught up.) Don't know so much about in the Bundesliga but the officials in the Premiership are pretty rank at times also.

Yeah, it was that bad. All weekend was terrible. This replacement ref thing took the fun out of watching NFL.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

I am still mad :mad:
Got up at 2.30 a.m. and watched until the bitter end at 6.00 a.m. :rolleyes:
First it was funny seeing two refs standing right beside each other and showing two different calls.
I was so sure that this would be overruled after reviewing the situation.
Unbelieveable - it's a multi billion dollar business and the whole season could be changed because of
replacement refs that cannot handle the job. :mad:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I am still mad :mad:
Got up at 2.30 a.m. and watched until the bitter end at 6.00 a.m. :rolleyes:
First it was funny seeing two refs standing right beside each other and showing two different calls.
I was so sure that this would be overruled after reviewing the situation.
Unbelieveable - it's a multi billion dollar business and the whole season could be changed because of
replacement refs that cannot handle the job. :mad:

I drifted off near the start, 7-0 Chickenhawks constant punting and no progress going forward just crap.
The whole thing for me is strange, excuse my ignorance but it begs the question why are there replacement refs in the first place? Is there a dispute of some kind? as you said this is bigtime a multi billion dollar concern. Bizzare.:confused:

Holy cow! just watched the game highlights, now i know why you are so angry. Speechless.............

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I drifted off near the start, 7-0 Chickenhawks constant punting and no progress going forward just crap.
The whole thing for me is strange, excuse my ignorance but it begs the question why are there replacement refs in the first place? Is there a dispute of some kind? as you said this is bigtime a multi billion dollar concern. Bizzare.:confused:

Holy cow! just watched the game highlights, now i know why you are so angry. Speechless.............

Yepp, there are negotiations with the NFL Referees Association about a new collective bargain agreement and the NFL locked-out the Refs and decided to use the Replacement-Refs instead. :rolleyes:

Well, I've never seen something like this before in the NFL, still can't believe it. :mad:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yepp, there are negotiations with the NFL Referees Association about a new collective bargain agreement and the NFL locked-out the Refs and decided to use the Replacement-Refs instead. :rolleyes:

Well, I've never seen something like this before in the NFL, still can't believe it. :mad:

It all makes sense now, guess what im not shocked. If they dont sort out that soon people will just boycott the games altogether.

On better news. Bayern rolled over Vfl Wolfsburg!!

Thank god nice to talk about sport again!

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dang, Gladbach scored the Equalizer in the 90th minute....:mad:
Hamburg played 2:2 in Monchengladbach, that's annoying because we controlled the game, missed a penalty and had enough opportunities to score a 3rd or 4th goal.
But to be fair - it's o.k. that vdVaart didn't score from the penalty spot because it looked as if our player IlIcevic was diving :rolleyes:
On the other hand - we are getting better and better, our midfield looked awesome.
PackerFan71: Great goal by Raffael van der Vaart, hope you can watch this video before they will remove it ;) :tup:

Edit: Has been removed, here's another link, I hope it works:

http://www.bundesliga.de/de/bundesliga-tv/inc/video_flv/highlights/0000223890.inc.php

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Dang, Gladbach scored the Equalizer in the 90th minute....:mad:
Hamburg played 2:2 in Monchengladbach, that's annoying because we controlled the game, missed a penalty and had enough opportunities to score a 3rd or 4th goal.
But to be fair - it's o.k. that vdVaart didn't score from the penalty spot because it looked as if our player IlIcevic was diving :rolleyes:
On the other hand - we are getting better and better, our midfield looked awesome.
PackerFan71: Great goal by Raffael van der Vaart, hope you can watch this video before they will remove it ;) :tup:

Edit: Has been removed, here's another link, I hope it works:

http://www.bundesliga.de/de/bundesliga-tv/inc/video_flv/highlights/0000223890.inc.php

Wow what a screamer!:eek::cool:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I sent off emails to Fox Soccer, ESPN3, and ask my local cable provider to add Gol TV in English. Right now in my area of the U.S. we can only watch Bundesliga on the Spanish version of Gol TV. Fox Soccer gave me a good but qualified response. They said they'd look into it, but they have to see what kind of interest there is. ESPN sent me a form letter that had nothing to do with my request. I'm waiting to hear from my cable company.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Oh, I also contacted FCB.TV and they said at this time they don't include streaming of the full games. Heck I was ready to pay for it.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Chelsea dont do it either, just live commentary and after game highlights. SKY SPORTS have the monopoly of the viewing rights for the Premier League. These clubs are missing a niche in the market here, something like a gamepass package would be ideal. Id buy it.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chelsea dont do it either, just live commentary and after game highlights. SKY SPORTS have the monopoly of the viewing rights for the Premier League. They are missing a niche in the market here, something like a gamepass package would be ideal. Id buy it.
And in Germany it's Sky as well and Deutsche Telekom for IPTV.
Their Strategy is to sell the rights for the whole package that's why they don't offer something like the NFL Game Pass or a "Follow-your-team" option.
This would be a good possibility to make the Bundesliga more popular outside of Germany.

@ Croak: But watching Bundesliga on the Spanish version of Gol TV is better than nothing, isn't it ? ;)
Do they show "Live games" ?
BTW - 2 times per year they show Bundesliga games on Free-TV and as much as I know there are 18 Champions League games on Free-TV (ZDF, mostly Bayern Munich or Dortmund). They also offer Live Streams.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Their Strategy is to sell the rights for the whole package that's why they don't offer something like the NFL Game Pass or a "Follow-your-team" option.
This would be a good possibility to make the Bundesliga more popular outside of Germany.

You would have thought that they would consider two options, one for people who want or can only follow their specific team online. A blanket strategy does not suit everyone, kind of typical of SKY's short sighted thinking.:rolleyes:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

@ Croak: But watching Bundesliga on the Spanish version of Gol TV is better than nothing, isn't it ? ;)
Do they show "Live games" ?
BTW - 2 times per year they show Bundesliga games on Free-TV and as much as I know there are 18 Champions League games on Free-TV (ZDF, mostly Bayern Munich or Dortmund). They also offer Live Streams.

They show "some" live Bundesliga games. But I don't even mind watching the games after they've happened.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bayern with another win - 2:0 @ Bremen :D
Although I am definitely not a Bayern fan I am happy with every team that beats Bremen :sneaky:

On September 29 th, 1887 HSV was founded so today we had our 125 years anniversary game against Hannover.
Great atmosphere and a 1-0 win against Hannover makes this day special for all HSV fans.
And most important - we are climbing up the table.:tup:

Here are some impressions right before kickoff.
I am sorry for the quality, I took these pictures with my iphone. ;)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Although I am definitely not a Bayern fan I am happy with every team that beats Bremen :sneaky:

On September 29 th, 1887 HSV was founded so today we had our 125 years anniversary game against Hannover.
Great atmosphere and a 1-0 win against Hannover makes this day special to all HSV fans.

Nice pics nessie and a special day and a win for HSV, i told you the Vaartmeister would help push your team up the table. Who do HSV dislike more St Pauli or Bremen? sounds like a tough choice ha!:sneaky:
Will catch the highlights on Monday night.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

Great atmosphere and a 1-0 win against Hannover makes this day special for all HSV fans.

That was a good win. My daughter's teacher for German I is from Hamburg. I told her the next time she talks to him she should say; Go Bayern! ;)

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice pics nessie and a special day and a win for HSV, i told you the Vaartmeister would help push your team up the table. Who do HSV dislike more St Pauli or Bremen? sounds like a tough choice ha!:sneaky:
Will catch the highlights on Monday night.

We have talked about this before no matter, Far better to be in a Democracy instead of a financial Dictatorship. I envy German teams supporters in this respect. Its something British clubs could learn from but doubt they ever will unless a few go bankrupt, nice little article.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/sep/21/german-english-football-recovery

Puuh, to be honest - I don't care about St. Pauli, they will never challenge our No.1 position in Hamburg, who cares about a second divison team? :sneaky:
Bremen are our No. 1 rivals since the 80's and we both don't like each other, that's for sure :D
A HSV win and losses for Bremen and St.Pauli, this is the perfect football weekend ! ;)

Good article, thank you PackerFan71.
And the comments are interesting as well.
But I mut admit we sometimes do have problems with this democratic structures, especially when fans try to influence the daily business of the club.
But overall the positive aspects of our democratic structures outbalance the negative aspects.
And I am happy that attending a football game is still affordable und football still remains what it should be - a people's game !

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts