Fußball-Bundesliga

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Well, the grumbling has begun against Pep. I can't really blame folks either. I'm not convinced his changes will work with this team. There's already some locker room rumblings and if they bring in Lewandoski next year, the locker room will really go downhill. This ought to be an eye opening season, one way or the other.

Schalke wanted Shaqiri and Bayern said no for obvious reasons; Pep's playing him a lot. He may even break into the starting lineup. He reminds me of what we call a "banty rooster" here in PA; a little guy who can strut with the big roosters. LOL!

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Well, the grumbling has begun against Pep. I can't really blame folks either. I'm not convinced his changes will work with this team. There's already some locker room rumblings and if they bring in Lewandoski next year, the locker room will really go downhill. This ought to be an eye opening season, one way or the other.

Schalke wanted Shaqiri and Bayern said no for obvious reasons; Pep's playing him a lot. He may even break into the starting lineup. He reminds me of what we call a "banty rooster" here in PA; a little guy who can strut with the big roosters. LOL!

Speaking of dissenters, and for no other reason, here's the Spanish Inquisition. Ooops! ;)
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Don't know anything about him.................
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...ich-s-Luiz-Gustavo?comments=show-all#comments

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Speaking of dissenters, and for no other reason, here's the Spanish Inquisition. Ooops! ;)

Don't know anything about him.................
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...ich-s-Luiz-Gustavo?comments=show-all#comments

I love Monty Python stuff! Gustavo is a fine player and a hard worker. He's just playing for a team right now that has an over abundance of midfielders. In other British tabloid news, Man U is looking at trying to lure Schweini away from Bayern. Good luck. I think Schweini grew up in the Bayern area and in the Bayern system.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I love Monty Python stuff! Gustavo is a fine player and a hard worker. He's just playing for a team right now that has an over abundance of midfielders. In other British tabloid news, Man U is looking at trying to lure Schweini away from Bayern. Good luck. I think Schweini grew up in the Bayern area and in the Bayern system.

He might be worth a punt then, you always need players like that. Id say there was next to no chance of Schweinsteiger going there, he's one of the fixed furniture type players in big teams. However if it did happen it would suggest that things are going south for Bayern. :cautious:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
He might be worth a punt then, you always need players like that. Id say there was next to no chance of Schweinsteiger going there, he's one of the fixed furniture type players in big teams. However if it did happen it would suggest that things are going south for Bayern. :cautious:
Agree, he started his career with Bayern and he will retire as a Bayern player, no doubt about it.
I read about some locker room rumbling at Bayern as well, especially Mandzukic seems to be unsatisfied at the moment although he is still their No 1 striker...
Bayern will play their DFB Cup round 1 game tonight, HSV won 4-0 against a fifth tier team.
Gladbach, Bremen :)p ), St.P*** :)D:p), Braunschweig and Nurnberg were kicked out of competition...

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Agree, he started his career with Bayern and he will retire as a Bayern player, no doubt about it.
I read about some locker room rumbling at Bayern as well, especially Mandzukic seems to be unsatisfied at the moment although he is still their No 1 striker...
Bayern will play their DFB Cup round 1 game tonight, HSV won 4-0 against a fifth tier team.
Gladbach, Bremen :)p ), St.P*** :)D:p), Braunschweig and Nurnberg were kicked out of competition...

I makes me smile Mandzukic is their number one striker, getting paid millions just become a CL winner and he's still unhappy. My heart bleeds. :rolleyes: Him and his like don't know their alive. Mourinho summed it up well, whoever he was coaching at the time had won some european trophy or other. To one of the players, possibly Ibrahimovic - ''Give your medal to someone that deserves it..........your mother.''

Take it, a wins a win. :tup: St Pauli out? :roflmao:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I makes me smile Mandzukic is their number one striker, getting paid millions just become a CL winner and he's still unhappy. My heart bleeds. :rolleyes: Him and his like don't know their alive. Mourinho summed it up well, whoever he was coaching at the time had won some european trophy or other. To one of the players, possibly Ibrahimovic - ''Give your medal to someone that deserves it..........your mother.''

Take it, a wins a win. :tup: St Pauli out? :roflmao:

I assume he knows that he immediately will lose his place in their Starting Eleven as soon as Lewandwoski arrives.
And he begins to realize that he doesnt fit into Peps tactical system.
But I wonder how Lewandowski does because his playing style isnt much different from Mandzukic. :confused:

Yepp, they lost against Preussen Munster. I am so sorry for them :sneaky:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I assume he knows that he immediately will lose his place in their Starting Eleven as soon as Lewandwoski arrives.
But I wonder how Lewandowski does because his playing style isnt much different from Mandzukic. :confused:

They are such prima-donnas, any other walk of life and they would be fired with an attitude like that. Mandzukic has got a whole year before Lewandowski arrives dont know what hes worrying about, chances are hes going to get moved on anyway.

I can tell. :laugh:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

I think he already has lost his feature. It looks like Pep likes to feature Ribery and Robben. Ribery sat out today's game against Rehden and and Robben was all over the place. He looked fast and Shaqiri was a great help. Rehden is not ready for primetime. Mandzukic is still in the center front of things but his opportunities look few and far between compared to the other guys. As much as I love Gomez, I can see now why he would never fit in Pep's style.

Oh yeah, we can't forget Mueller either. He's big in any system. If someone has something to complain about, it would be multi-millionaire Martinez who seems to have been replaced by Tony Kroos.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he already has lost his feature. It looks like Pep likes to feature Ribery and Robben. Ribery sat out today's game against Rehden and and Robben was all over the place. He looked fast and Shaqiri was a great help. Rehden is not ready for primetime. Mandzukic is still in the center front of things but his opportunities look few and far between compared to the other guys. As much as I love Gomez, I can see now why he would never fit in Pep's style.

Oh yeah, we can't forget Mueller either. He's big in any system. If someone has something to complain about, it would be multi-millionaire Martinez who seems to have been replaced by Tony Kroos.

Agree, no way he could fit it, he is simply not good enough.
We have a saying "Der Ball ist nicht sein Freund", which means he is not really a good football player but anyway, he knows how to score.
He seems to be quite happy with his move to Florence and Im sure he will establish himself as a starter.

Mueller will make his way. On my way to the office this morning a listened to a radio comment about the DFB Cup yesterday and they said that Mueller is on a very good way to grab a place in the Starting lineup but there are rumours that it wont be easy for Schweinsteiger to remain a starter.
But I assume the words "starter" and "starting lineup" begin to lose their meaning because I expect Pep to rotate his players frequently.
If he wouldnt do it wont be long until he will get serious problems with players that dont get enough playing time.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Agree, no way he could fit it, he is simply not good enough.
We have a saying "Der Ball ist nicht sein Freund", which means he is not really a good football player but anyway, he knows how to score.
He seems to be quite happy with his move to Florence and Im sure he will establish himself as a starter.

Mueller will make his way. On my way to the office this morning a listened to a radio comment about the DFB Cup yesterday and they said that Mueller is on a very good way to grab a place in the Starting lineup but there are rumours that it wont be easy for Schweinsteiger to remain a starter.
But I assume the words "starter" and "starting lineup" begin to lose their meaning because I expect Pep to rotate his players frequently.
If he wouldnt do it wont be long until he will get serious problems with players that dont get enough playing time.

The Ball is not his friend? i like that one ill save it for later, ;) in which case he is Ian Wright once of the ****. Limited player, as proved when playing for his country but knew how to score for his club thats all.

I only ad-hear to one rotation policy, you play your best eleven until tired or injured then they are replaced with the backups. Simple. Rotating players for the sake of it is a false economy, Claudio Ranieri the ''Tinkerman'' once of CFC is a good example. A more charming nice man you could never meet, but his rotation of players was bizarre and it cost him his job.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Ball is not his friend? i like that one ill save it for later, ;) in which case he is Ian Wright once of the ****. Limited player, as proved when playing for his country but knew how to score for his club thats all.

I only ad-hear to one rotation policy, you play your best eleven until tired or injured then they are replaced with the backups. Simple. Rotating players for the sake of it is a false economy, Claudio Ranieri the ''Tinkerman'' once of CFC is a good example. A more charming nice man you could never meet, but his rotation of players was bizarre and it cost him his job.

Sounds weird if translated literally but you obviously got it easily! :tup: :D

Agree with your view on rotating but not to do so can be difficult as well when managing a big team like Chelsea, ManU, Barca or Bayern.
How to keep at least 18 players satisfied without enough playing time, especially when they are all world-class players and expected to be starters ?
Its a fine line....

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Sounds weird if translated literally but you obviously got it easily! :tup: :D

Agree with your view on rotating but not to do so can be difficult as well when managing a big team like Chelsea, ManU, Barca or Bayern.
How to keep at least 18 players satisfied without enough playing time, especially when they are all world-class players and expected to be starters ?
Its a fine line....

Does it? my German is limited, but it looked very similar to the English words. I got lucky with that one i guess. :eek::)

I know difficult, i think its right to have a 22 man squad because of injury loss of form etc, but to know your starting eleven. Competition is what its all about and deserving to be there, big egoists need not apply. ;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does it? my German is limited, but it looked very similar to the English words. I got lucky with that one i guess. :eek::)

I know difficult, i think its right to have a 22 man squad because of injury loss of form etc, but to know your starting eleven. Competition is what its all about and deserving to be there, big egoists need not apply. ;)

In fact it is.:cool:
Looks like your German is improving :tup::)
But I've learned that in most cases it doesnt make any sense to translate it literally, especially when you try to use idioms. ;)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
In fact it is.:cool:
Looks like your German is improving :tup::)
But I've learned that in most cases it doesnt make any sense to translate it literally, especially when you try to use idioms. ;)

I had a German language program on the computer a while ago it was quite good, it would show pictures and you had to repeat in German on the various situations. I can say it but not write it. Very basic stuff but a start at least. :)

I know it does not always follow with a literal translation, there's alot of pitfalls. :eek:;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had a German language program on the computer a while ago it was quite good, it would show pictures and you had to repeat in German on the various situations. I can say it but not write it. Very basic stuff but a start at least. :)

I know it does not always follow with a literal translation, there's alot of pitfalls. :eek:;)

Sounds good. Dranbleiben, PackerFan71 ! :tup: ;)
Btw - even BBC offers German lessons, decent website:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/german/guide/

Yepp, but especially idioms and sayings make a language vidid. I've learned a lot new stuff here since posting with you in this forum, PackerFan71 ;)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Sounds good. Dranbleiben, PackerFan71 ! :tup: ;)
Btw - even BBC offers German lessons, decent website:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/german/guide/

Yepp, but especially idioms and sayings make a language vidid. I've learned a lot new stuff here since posting with you in this forum, PackerFan71 ;)

Ill try and keep at it.;) German is so very similar to English its the obvious choice to learn as a second language. Thanks for the link. :tup:

I had no idea what an Idiom was until you mentioned them, they add colour to what you say deffo. :)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
O.K. guys, is there someone you recognize on this outdoor advertising ad ?
Sorry, not the best quality, took this picture with my mobile phone but especially Croak should recognize at least one person ;)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
O.K. guys, is there someone you recognize on this outdoor advertising ad ?
Sorry, not the best quality, took this picture with my mobile phone but especially Croak should recognize at least one person ;)

On closer inspection id say Matthäus, Sammer possibly, the one on the right is a little familiar but i cant put a name on him. :confused: what is it a Legends game?

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
On closer inspection id say Matthäus, Sammer possibly, the one on the right is a little familiar but i cant put a name on him. :confused: what is it a Legends game?
Not bad, PackerFan71 :tup:
Sammer on the left, Matthäus in the middle and Sergej Barbarez on the right. Barbarez is a former HSV player, my favourite for years.
"Tag der Legenden" is a annual charity game of former Bundesliga- stars where the team "Hamburg" (mixed with former players of HSV and St.P***) plays against a Team "Deutschland".
Maybe you know some of them, on the right side of this website you can find their rosters. ;)
http://tagderlegenden.de/

And btw - "Moin Moin" means "Guten Tag", only used in Hamburg and North Germany.
And the silly uniforms they wear is because they look like marksmen, ready for their marksmen festival "Schützenfest", another tradition that is very popular in Germany, especially in North Germany :rolleyes:
In this case it has a double meaning - we call a football game where many goals were scored, a "Schützenfest". ;)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

I actually read German better than converse with it. It's easier for me to take my time and sort out the order and tense of the words when I read it. When I'm speaking with my German friends, my mind has to process things too quickly to keep up with what they are saying. But I was able to travel around Germany with my limited ability quite fine. However, I found that most young people in Germany speak English well. Many of them speak English, and French or Polish or Russian. I was very impressed with the linguistic abilities of German young people. Here in the states, the young folks aren't really bi-lingual. They tend to think American English is the only language in the world. (Not to mention they turn up their noses at the "King's English". ;))

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Not bad, PackerFan71 :tup:
Sammer on the left, Matthäus in the middle and Sergej Barbarez on the right. Barbarez is a former HSV player, my favourite for years.
"Tag der Legenden" is a annual charity game of former Bundesliga- stars where the team "Hamburg" (mixed with former players of HSV and St.P***) plays against a Team "Deutschland".
Maybe you know some of them, on the right side of this website you can find their rosters. ;)
http://tagderlegenden.de/

And btw - "Moin Moin" means "Guten Tag", only used in Hamburg and North Germany.
And the silly uniforms they wear is because they look like marksmen, ready for their marksmen festival "Schützenfest", another tradition that is very popular in Germany, especially in North Germany :rolleyes:
In this case it has a double meaning - we call a football game where many goals were scored, a "Schützenfest
". ;)

Ahh i would have never got Barbarez, im guessing hes not German? the name rings a bell somewhere. A charity game thats cool. :tup: At first i thought they looked like they were Russian Army officers :D I did however roughly get the meaning of "Schützenfest" Would have been even more obvious with a Voller type or a Klinsmann there. :) Of the HSV squad i knew Mani Kaltz and Thomas Doll, the German team was a little bit more familiar.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I actually read German better than converse with it. It's easier for me to take my time and sort out the order and tense of the words when I read it. When I'm speaking with my German friends, my mind has to process things too quickly to keep up with what they are saying. But I was able to travel around Germany with my limited ability quite fine. However, I found that most young people in Germany speak English well. Many of them speak English, and French or Polish or Russian. I was very impressed with the linguistic abilities of German young people. Here in the states, the young folks aren't really bi-lingual. They tend to think American English is the only language in the world. (Not to mention they turn up their noses at the "King's English". ;))

Your way ahead of me then i think, id need alot of practice to string a proper sentence together. I can pick out the odd word here and there in written form with a bit of guess work get the gist of the meaning. Yeah they seem alot better at English than the youngsters here also. Ha im with them on the Kings English whatever that is. :D

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahh i would have never got Barbarez, im guessing hes not German? the name rings a bell somewhere. A charity game thats cool. :tup: At first i thought they looked like they were Russian Army officers :D I did however roughly get the meaning of "Schützenfest" Would have been even more obvious with a Voller type or a Klinsmann there. :) Of the HSV squad i knew Mani Kaltz and Thomas Doll, the German team was a little bit more familiar.

Sergej is from Bosnia and a true HSV legend. An excellent football player and a remarkable personality- on and off the field. ;)

Totally agree, Barbarez is the only striker on this ad, instead of "Loddar" and Sammer there should have been another striker if the word "Schützenfest" should make sense.

And to give you an impression of a typical German "Schützenfest" parade as it happens once a year, even where I live, just have a look at this video ;)

Not my cup of tea :rolleyes::D

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Sergej is from Bosnia and a true HSV legend. An excellent football player and a remarkable personality- on and off the field. ;)

Totally agree, Barbarez is the only striker on this ad, instead of "Loddar" and Sammer there should have been another striker if the word "Schützenfest" should make sense.

And to give you an impression of a typical German "Schützenfest" parade as it happens once a year, even where I live, just have a look at this video ;)

Not my cup of tea :rolleyes::D
Are the guys on the end wearing a type of camouflage ???....lol It`s not the best ;)

Latest posts