OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Bundesliga schedule just released:
http://www.bundesliga.com/en/liga/news/2012/0000258044.php

Bayern opens the season at home against Gladbach.
Hamburg starts at Schalke.
First game and we will be at the bottom of the table, awesome :rolleyes:

Besides the home games I will try to get tickets for the away game in Braunschweig in February 14 and a trip to Berlin in August could be another option.

Ouch toughie opener could be worse though you could be Hull City, game one at Stamford Bridge on Jose's return. :eek:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ouch toughie opener could be worse though you could be Hull City, game one at Stamford Bridge on Jose's return. :eek:
Thats true, but not an easy game for Chelsea as well because I guess the expectations at Stamford Bridge will be high. ;)
But facing one of the top teams right at the start of the season is perhaps the best chance to win some unexpected points because many teams struggle to find their rhythm.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Thats true, but not an easy game for Chelsea as well because I guess the expectations at Stamford Bridge will be high. ;)
But facing one of the top teams right at the start of the season is perhaps the best chance to win some unexpected points because many teams struggle to find their rhythm.

They are never low nessie but i know what you mean, they could catch us cold you never know in Football. I have long given up on match predictions, the computer could have picked an easier one for Hull on their first game back. But i'm sure they will enjoy their day, although hopefully not too much. ;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which manager will be sacked first ? Here are the latest betting odds, guys. ;)

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Which manager will be sacked first ? Here are the latest betting odds, guys. ;)

Well my money is all on 17 and 18 no not really. Mmmm definitely not 18. ;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well my money is all on 17 and 18 no not really. Mmmm definitely not 18. ;)
No way that Klopp will be fired. but I'm not sure if Pep will be Bayern manager after the season.;)
But placing some Euros on Keller could be a good bet, they are not very patient at Schalke :D

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
No way that Klopp will be fired. but I'm not sure if Pep will be Bayern manager after the season.;)
But placing some Euros on Keller could be a good bet, they are not very patient at Schalke :D

You never know you can be sure though there is a get out clause if things don't work out. Schalke a bit twitchy are they? looks like he's on a shoogly* peg as they say in Scotland.
I only know 3 of those coaches to be honest, Favre at 13 looks a safe bet should he not be at 4. ;) Is Favre a German name?

* A person's job, that's on a shoogly peg is insecure.

What puzzles me is the fact that they think Mario Mandzukic is a better player, he could not even score against Scotland. :cautious:
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...d-left-by-departing-carlos-tevez-8677656.html

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
You never know you can be sure though there is a get out clause if things don't work out. Schalke a bit twitchy are they? looks like he's on a shoogly* peg as they say in Scotland.
I only know 3 of those coaches to be honest, Favre at 13 looks a safe bet should he not be at 4. ;) Is Favre a German name?

* A person's job, that's on a shoogly peg is insecure.

What puzzles me is the fact that they think Mario Mandzukic is a better player, he could not even score against Scotland. :cautious:
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...d-left-by-departing-carlos-tevez-8677656.html

Aaahhh, I think I understand. So shoogly is another word for shaky, right ? (in German: "wacklig" ;) )
Favre is swiss, he comes from the French-speaking part of Switzerland and has the funny accent that french people have when they are speaking German. :D
Favre on 4 ? ;) I think nowadays most Packer Fans want him on the top of this table :D

Come on PackerFan71, he couldnt score because the Scottish team was too good, you Scots obviously need more self-confidence ! ;)

Mandzukic is definitely the better player, quicker, better technique, better ball control.
But despite of his problems to control the ball Gomez scores a lot and he wont have a problem to find a new team.
But I wonder how Gomez could replace Tevez at City because he is a completely different type of player :confused:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Aaahhh, I think I understand. So shoogly is another word for shaky, right ? (in German: "wacklig" ;) )
Favre is swiss, he comes from the French-speaking part of Switzerland and has the funny accent that french people have when they are speaking German. :D
Favre on 4 ? ;) I think nowadays most Packer Fans want him on the top of this table :D

Come on PackerFan71, he couldnt score because the Scottish team was too good, you Scots obviously need more self-confidence ! ;)

Mandzukic is definitely the better player, quicker, better technique, better ball control.
But despite of his problems to control the ball Gomez scores a lot and he wont have a problem to find a new team.
But I wonder how Gomez could replace Tevez at City because he is a completely different type of player :confused:

Yeah pretty much Wacklig sounds similar ''loose''. :tup:
Ahh he's Swiss. Speaking of funny french accents, a classic from Monty Python. ;)

I know great player the Favremeister, shame about everything else.

Ah you'd be surpized nessie, id say over confidence and lack of playing/coaching ability eg (Levein) :mad: has always been our issue. :)

To be honest your a better judge of Mandzukic than me as i don't see him play much. I like a battering ram target man though. Two totally different styles yep. I'm glad to see the back of Tevez only because hes a good player, better suited to Italian or Spanish Football.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah pretty much Wacklig sounds similar ''loose''. :tup:
Ahh he's Swiss. Speaking of funny french accents, a classic from Monty Python. ;)

I know great player the Favremeister, shame about everything else.

Ah you'd be surpized nessie, id say over confidence and lack of playing/coaching ability eg (Levein) :mad: has always been our issue. :)

To be honest your a better judge of Mandzukic than me as i don't see him play much. I like a battering ram target man though. Two totally different styles yep. I'm glad to see the back of Tevez only because hes a good player, better suited to Italian or Spanish Football.

:roflmao: Monty Python, unforgettable :tup:
If you want to know how German with french accent sounds just watch this old commercial.....

Hmmm, not a good combination but with Gordon Strachan in charge now one of the problems is already solved ! ;)
Hopefully Scotland will qualify for France 2016.
And their chances to do so will be pretty good, not only because of the progressions they will hopefully make, also because it will be the first Euro tournament with 24 instead 16 teams !

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
:roflmao: Monty Python, unforgettable :tup:
If you want to know how German with french accent sounds just watch this old commercial.....

Hmmm, not a good combination but with Gordon Strachan in charge now one of the problems is already solved ! ;)
Hopefully Scotland will qualify for France 2016.
And their chances to do so will be pretty good, not only because of the progressions they will hopefully make, also because it will be the first Euro tournament with 24 instead 16 teams !

That sounds weird, no doubt they thought it would sell more sounding French. :laugh:
He's a step in the right direction, the actual squad injury free is pretty good. We lost what would have been our star defender to injury he had to retire. John Kennedy.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ex-celtic-star-john-kennedy-losing-1780400

Yep an increase in teams is a great thing would be nice to reach a tourney again been a while. ;)

This didn't take long, Marko Marin to be moved to Seville on a season long loan. Shocked!!! not. :)
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-transfers-blues-loan-out-2006881

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
That sounds weird, no doubt they thought it would sell more sounding French. :laugh:
He's a step in the right direction, the actual squad injury free is pretty good. We lost what would have been our star defender to injury he had to retire. John Kennedy.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ex-celtic-star-john-kennedy-losing-1780400

Yep an increase in teams is a great thing would be nice to reach a tourney again been a while. ;)

This didn't take long, Marko Marin to be moved to Seville on a season long loan. Shocked!!! not. :)
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-transfers-blues-loan-out-2006881

Didnt know John Kennedy before but its good to have guys like him working with youth teams and eager to pass on their experiences as a professional football player ! :tup:

Thats good news :tup:
And he wont make it in Seville as well, he is so overrated.
I wont be surprised if he ends up somewhere in Austria, Switzerland or another minor European football league. :sneaky:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Didnt know John Kennedy before but its good to have guys like him working with youth teams and eager to pass on their experiences as a professional football player ! :tup:

Thats good news :tup:
And he wont make it in Seville as well, he is so overrated.
I wont be surprised if he ends up somewhere in Austria, Switzerland or another minor European football league. :sneaky:

He was really good, and would have played for a top European club but for the injury. Such a waste.

Its funny, i was looking at some of the posts on a Chelsea forum before his arrival describing him as the German Messi.:rolleyes: He was one of those signings you just knew would never cut it.

I hope Mourinho keeps him, just so long as he plays him in Midfield. As a Defender he is a nightmare, he has lapses in concentration and his outlook is too positive. For me the best defenders in game are always pessimistic conservative types.
http://metro.co.uk/2013/06/27/should-chelsea-cash-in-on-david-luiz-3859234/

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
He was really good, and would have played for a top European club but for the injury. Such a waste.

Its funny, i was looking at some of the posts on a Chelsea forum before his arrival describing him as the German Messi.:rolleyes: He was one of those signings you just knew would never cut it.

I hope Mourinho keeps him, just so long as he plays him in Midfield. As a Defender he is a nightmare, he has lapses in concentration and his outlook is too positive. For me the best defenders in game are always pessimistic conservative types.

John Kennedy??? Seriously? Here in the states that name is associated with "U.S. Royalty." I mean the Kennedys are as close to royalty as the U. S. will get. And John Kennedy is one of the most revered names.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
John Kennedy??? Seriously? Here in the states that name is associated with "U.S. Royalty." I mean the Kennedys are as close to royalty as the U. S. will get. And John Kennedy is one of the most revered names.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

I do know of the American fellow Kennedy, one of you head honco's at one point. ;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

Marko Marin, the German Messi- hilarious ? :eek::roflmao:

I agree that Chelsea will, no must sell him if there as an crazy offer for him and at the moment PSG or some Russian teams are always good for an offer you cant turn down.;)
As much as I understand the article Mourinho hasnt made up his mind about David Luiz yet and I think Mourinho is clever enough to find a spot where Luiz fits in best.
But as we know Mourinho prefers "safety first" tactics and I assume he wont accept lack of concentration or faults, so it will be interesting to see if David Luiz can improve and if not how long it will take before Mourinho sorts him out.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do know of the American fellow Kennedy, one of you head honco's at one point. ;)
Of course we know John F. Kennedy in Germany as well ;)
50 years ago he spoke his famous words "Ich bin ein Berliner" - you cant escape the documentaries about the Kennedys since weeks, doesnt matter which channel you chose or which newspaper or magazine you are reading :rolleyes::D

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Of course we know John F. Kennedy in Germany as well ;)
50 years ago he spoke his famous words "Ich bin ein Berliner" - you cant escape the documentaries about the Kennedys since weeks, doesnt matter which channel you chose or which newspaper or magazine you are reading :rolleyes::D

Excuse the language, a tiny bit fruity.
I am a Donut. ;)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Marko Marin, the German Messi- hilarious ? :eek::roflmao:

I agree that Chelsea will, no must sell him if there as an crazy offer for him and at the moment PSG or some Russian teams are always good for an offer you cant turn down.;)
As much as I understand the article Mourinho hasnt made up his mind about David Luiz yet and I think Mourinho is clever enough to find a spot where Luiz fits in best.
But as we know Mourinho prefers "safety first" tactics and I assume he wont accept lack of concentration or faults, so it will be interesting to see if David Luiz can improve and if not how long it will take before Mourinho sorts him out.

For crazy money no question yes, he played quite well last year but hes an accident waiting to happen in Defence. Im hopeful he can because i like the guy, the opposite of T***y in every way.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Excuse the language, a tiny bit fruity.
I am a Donut. ;)
Funny and yes its true, depending on where you are living in Germany this =>

is a Berliner :D

But be careful, In Berlin they dont say "Berliner", they use "Pfannkuchen" instead.
But where I come from and in most parts of Germany "Pfannkuchen" is something different =>

Its more like a pancake.....:)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Funny and yes its true, depending on where you are living in Germany this =>

is a Berliner :D

But be careful, In Berlin they dont say "Berliner", they use "Pfannkuchen" instead.
But where I come from and in most parts of Germany "Pfannkuchen" is something different =>

Its more like a pancake.....:)

I've always wanted to ask a German person that to see if the quote was correct or not. :) Seems he was a bit off with his German diction after all. :D

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
For crazy money no question yes, he played quite well last year but hes an accident waiting to happen in Defence. Im hopeful he can because i like the guy, the opposite of T***y in every way.
He is only 26 yo, there should be room for improvement and no doubt he is the better football player compared to Mr. T. ;)
Btw - just watching Uruguay against Italy, 2-2 at the moment. Two nice freekick goals.
But not a good game so far....

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've always wanted to ask a German person that to see if the quote was correct or not. :) Seems he was a bit off with his German diction after all. :D

Btw - when talking about German culinary highlights - today is the 100 th birthday of Herta Heuwer :eek:
She is the inventor of the German Currywurst. Even google celebrates her birthday.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Currywurst :D

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts