Fußball-Bundesliga

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Ahh. Gomez comes on in relief during the Pokal semi-final and scores three goals in six minutes. :):D

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I found it on a football forum i look at now and again it has a German football section. Someone explained the meaning. Btw id like to learn German at some point, the best way would be to live there and immerse yourself in the language i think. :tup:

IRN BRU ad :D
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

"Group-hug ?" Im in ! :D Nice one :tup:

The best way to learn a language is when you have the possibilty to use it. Talking with people or writing in a forum like this one.
I've learned a lot of new expressions, words and idioms from you and Croak while having conversations with you
guys :tup:
But as you may know, in Germany we all have to learn English at school.
So most of us have at least basic English skills.
Do they teach German at school in UK ? I guess there are not many "British" kids who are interested in learning German at school ? :confused:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Those Irn Bru guys must stay up late drinking Guinness when they come up with these commercials. They are some of the funniest advertisements out on the air waves.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahh. Gomez comes on in relief during the Pokal semi-final and scores three goals in six minutes. :):D

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Obviously Gomez is still your favourite player, isnt he ? ;)
I cross my fingers for Freiburg tonight.
Because if they win an reach the final and then lose against Bayern
also the team on 7th place qualifies for the Europa League..........as long as Freiburg finishes the season
somewhere between 2nd and 6 th please....... :confused:;)
Sounds complicated but it isnt ! :eek::D

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Obviously Gomez is still your favourite player, isnt he ? ;)
I cross my fingers for Freiburg tonight.
Because if they win an reach the final and then lose against Bayern
also the team on 7th place qualifies for the Europa League..........as long as Freiburg finishes the season
somewhere between 2nd and 6 th please....... :confused:;)
Sounds complicated but it isnt ! :eek::D

Yeah, Gomez is my favorite. But unfortunately I don't think he'll be with Bayern next year. I think he's playing like he's auditioning to be the star on some other team. It is really a conflict for me. I love Bayern, but I really like Gomez. I'd hate to see him playing for someone else, but I don't think Pep's scheme will have room for a pure striker. So where do you think he'll end up? Dortmund?

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, Gomez is my favorite. But unfortunately I don't think he'll be with Bayern next year. I think he's playing like he's auditioning to be the star on some other team. It is really a conflict for me. I love Bayern, but I really like Gomez. I'd hate to see him playing for someone else, but I don't think Pep's scheme will have room for a pure striker. So where do you think he'll end up? Dortmund?

I totally agree with you, he does not fit into Guardiola's system.
But I am of the opinion that he does not fit into Klopps system as well and there are not many clubs in Gemany who can afford an expensive player like Gomez.
So I expect he will end up somewhere outside of Germany, maybe England, Spain or Russia.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
"Group-hug ?" Im in ! :D Nice one :tup:

The best way to learn a language is when you have the possibilty to use it. Talking with people or writing in a forum like this one.
I've learned a lot of new expressions, words and idioms from you and Croak while having conversations with you
guys :tup:
But as you may know, in Germany we all have to learn English at school.
So most of us have at least basic English skills.
Do they teach German at school in UK ? I guess there are not many "British" kids who are interested in learning German at school ? :confused:

When i was in school i was not good at French, no interest in it and you had to be really good at French in order to even qualify to take German!.:mad: :confused: I think id have been quite good at German given the chance, its similar to English in some ways. I think for the most part German is not up there for British kids but it should be.

Id take Gomez to Chelsea in an instant im a sucker for a traditional big center forward. :tup:

Changing subject for a moment, Nessie did you say you had a stitched Rodgers shirt? im looking to get a Packer shirt Reebok or Nike. I'm not bothered about the player, as long as its a stitched one and i wont be paying crazy money for it either. Quite like the look of this one.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
When i was in school i was not good at French, no interest in it and you had to be really good at French in order to even qualify to take German!.:mad: :confused: I think id have been quite good at German given the chance, its similar to English in some ways. I think for the most part German is not up there for British kids but it should be.

Id take Gomez to Chelsea in an instant im a sucker for a traditional big center forward. :tup:

Changing subject for a moment, Nessie did you say you had a stitched Rodgers shirt? im looking to get a Packer shirt Reebok or Nike. I'm not bothered about the player, as long as its a stitched one and i wont be paying crazy money for it either. Quite like the look of this one.
Yepp, you're right PackerFan71.
You should look for a "on field" (Reebok) or "Elite" jersey (Nike)
They have sewn/stitched name and numbers. I paid 200 USD for my Rodgers jersey, the latest Nike jerseys are even more expensive.
And if I compare the quality I would prefer a Reebok jersey, much better than the latest Nike jerseys in my opinion.
You should find a Reebok jersey for less money now.
This one looks like a "on the field" edition, but please check the description carefully before buying it.
Unfortunately I cant read the tags on the picture because usually it is written on the tag.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
They have sewn/stitched name and numbers. I paid 200 USD for my Rodgers jersey, the latest Nike jerseys are even more expensive.
And if I compare the quality I would prefer a Reebok jersey, much better than the latest Nike jerseys in my opinion.
This one looks like a "on the field" edition, but please check the description carefully before buying it.
Unfortunately I cant read the tags on the picture because usually it is written on the tag.

The one i posted is an ''Authentic'' i think it will do me i can get it for a good price. On closer inspection it appears it is an ''on field'' yay! ''Elite'' Nike versions are just a bit too expensive one day if i win the lottery i might get one.;) I like the Reebok version better aswell. :tup:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

I have a stitched Favre Lambeau 50th Anniversary shirt (I wore it a couple times) that I'd happily trade for a Bayern jersey!

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I have a stitched Favre Lambeau 50th Anniversary shirt (I wore it a couple times) that I'd happily trade for a Bayern jersey!

If i had any Bayern shirts in my collection i might have taken you up on that one. ;)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
What size is it and would that include postage?

Didn't think about postage. Don't know what that would cost to Scotland. But the size on it says 50. However, I'm not sure that is a U.S. size. I'm and XL in the U.S. and it hangs a little loose on me, but still looks nice.

Edit; It looks like shipping would be another $25 from the U.S. to Scotland.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Didn't think about postage. Don't know what that would cost to Scotland. But the size on it says 50. However, I'm not sure that is a U.S. size. I'm and XL in the U.S. and it hangs a little loose on me, but still looks nice.

Ahh im looking for a medium the one i posted is all in just under $50. If you hang onto it for now unless Nessie wants it, :) id deffo consider buying it later on. I found this on ebay great deal, but again not sure about the postage.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Authentic...e_Football_FootballShirts&hash=item3a8060b304

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

Edit; It looks like shipping would be another $25 from the U.S. to Scotland.

Well, I dont wanna disturb your negotiations guys but dont forget customs. :rolleyes: ;)
I dont know much about customs in UK but in Germany its really difficult to import goods from the USA.
If you order something by mail the maximum worth before you have to pay import tax are 22 Euros :confused:
Always had problems with orders from the NFL shop and some Sports Memorabilia shops. Some even dont ship to Germany anymore. :mad:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Well, I dont wanna disturb your negotiations guys but dont forget customs. :rolleyes: ;)
I dont know much about customs in UK but in Germany its really difficult to import goods from the USA.
If you order something by mail the maximum worth before you have to pay import tax are 22 Euros :confused:
Always had problems with orders from the NFL shop and some Sports Memorabilia shops. Some even dont ship to Germany anymore. :mad:

Yeah thanks Nessie, im aware of the dreaded import tax its put me off buying quite a few things from the US on ebay. So i only order small things from there.

Im not sure if that 22 Euro charge applies to the UK , its something to be looked into. As someone has sent me a parcel from there with alot more than that in it, and there was no extra charge.:confused:

Thats annoying.:cautious: To post goods above a certain value from the UK there is a Tax but its quite high before it kicks in.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
The one i posted is an ''Authentic'' i think it will do me i can get it for a good price. On closer inspection it appears it is an ''on field'' yay! ''Elite'' Nike versions are just a bit too expensive one day if i win the lottery i might get one.;) I like the Reebok version better aswell. :tup:
Just to be sure I checked my Rodgers jersey and there is a "onfield" on the tag.

...dang, Stuttgart leads 2-1... :rolleyes:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Just to be sure I checked my Rodgers jersey and there is a "onfield" on the tag.

...dang, Stuttgart leads 2-1... :rolleyes:

I like! looking at the material quality, looks the same as the one i'm going to get. BTW the Superbowl badge is soo cool.:tup: Mon HSV!!!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Yeah thanks Nessie, im aware of the dreaded import tax its put me off buying quite a few things from the US on ebay. So i only order small things from there.

Im not sure if that 22 Euro charge applies to the UK , its something to be looked into. As someone has sent me a parcel from there with alot more than that in it, and there was no extra charge.:confused:

Thats annoying.:cautious: To post goods above a certain value from the UK there is a Tax but its quite high before it kicks in.

I looked into the customs from here to the UK. This wouldn't be expensive enough to warrant much of a cost if any. But you've given me the idea to sell it on e-bay since it is kind of big for you. I'm 6'1'' and 165 pounds. Like I said it hangs a little loose on me. But it would fit perfect with shoulder pads. ;)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I looked into the customs from here to the UK. This wouldn't be expensive enough to warrant much of a cost if any. But you've given me the idea to sell it on e-bay since it is kind of big for you. I'm 6'1'' and 165 pounds. Like I said it hangs a little loose on me. But it would fit perfect with shoulder pads. ;)

Yeah seriously Croak if that was my size id snatch it off you in an instant, as i said if you hang onto it for a couple of months ill probly be able to take it off your hands then. If you dont sell it on ebay in the meantime. Im over 6' aswell but i think XL USA sizes would way too baggy. BTW this is the time of year Soccer shirt collectors do their thing, (the happy time) all the good shirts are well under half price.

Members online

Latest posts