Fußball-Bundesliga

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
...and some more silly season news:

van der Vaart will return to Hamburg ! Why do we know that ? Because somebody pretends to know that his son was signed in at a all-day school in Hamburg-Langenhorn for 2012/2013 :rolleyes::D
I really would like to have him back playing for us but sometimes all these rumors are just crazy.;)

That would be nice for you if it were true, i always rated him id have him at Chelsea. Quality player.:tup: Id take Modric from Spurs aswell.

Yeah and for the most part as you know untrue.:rolleyes:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Don't throw bricks when you live in a glass house, Mr. Blatter ! :rolleyes:

http://www.spiegel.de/international...-that-2006-world-cup-was-bought-a-844619.html

If Transparency International could rank the FIFA, where would it be ?
No. 183, right behind Somalia ? :eek::D
A shame for international football, I hope the DFB put more pressure on Blatter.

Ha! i would not worry much about what Blatter has to say about anything, FIFA is a corrupt joke and everyone with half a brain knows it. England were so sure that they were going to get to stage the 2018 world cup because they played fair in the process, heck they even brought Prince William along to the confirmation annoucement. shock horror (NOT) Russia won!!!!!:roflmao:

Qatar bought the 2022 World Cup with hard cash, why else would anyone in their right mind vote to stage a World Cup there? Its like an Olympic Athlete who knows he or she cant win unless they take a drug to do so. Cheating yes and alot are doing it. FIFA have been turning a blind eye to it for years and that makes them just as guilty.:mad:

And for an Italian Football official to accuse others of corruption is also for me somewhat ironic.:rolleyes:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ha! i would not worry much about what Blatter has to say about anything, FIFA is a corrupt joke and everyone with half a brain knows it. England were so sure that they were going to get to stage the 2018 world cup because they played fair in the process, heck they even brought Prince William along to the confirmation annoucement. shock horror (NOT) Russia won!!!!!:roflmao:

Qatar bought the 2022 World Cup with hard cash, why else would anyone in their right mind vote to stage a World Cup there? Its like an Olympic Athlete who knows he or she cant win unless they take a drug to do so. Cheating yes and alot are doing it. FIFA have been turning a blind eye to it for years and that makes them just as guilty.:mad:

And for an Italian Football official to accuse others of corruption is also for me somewhat ironic.:rolleyes:

Agree, and we all know why Russia won :rolleyes:;)
And Qatar- a joke.
A country with an average daytime temperature of roundabout 45 degrees Celcius and no football culture, no stadiums, no infrastructure is the host of the 2022 World Cup, unbelievable. :rolleyes:
I wonder how much cash Blatter got in this deal ? :mad:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Agree, and we all know why Russia won :rolleyes:;)
And Qatar- a joke.
A country with an average daytime temperature of roundabout 45 degrees Celcius and no football culture, no stadiums, no infrastructure is the host of the 2022 World Cup, unbelievable. :rolleyes:
I wonder how much cash Blatter got in this deal ? :mad:

The players will be playing in an oven, in a tiny desert country smaller than Scotland. It has no Football tradition. im lost for words....................it would be similar to playing the entire NFL season in Sri Lanka
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/12/Un-qatar.png

If Qatar can stage a world cup then so could this place if you gave Blatter enough money.:D
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principality_of_Sealand

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
The players will be playing in an oven, in a tiny desert country smaller than Scotland. It has no Football tradition. im lost for words....................it would be similar to playing the entire NFL season in Sri Lanka
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/12/Un-qatar.png

If Qatar can stage a world cup then so could this place if you gave Blatter enough money.:D
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principality_of_Sealand

Great comparison and fantastic idea :tup::roflmao:
Yeah, why not Sealand ?
There will be enough reasons as long there is money for Mr. Blatter ;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Discussions about the situation in our stadiums.
We had some incidents last season, mostly because of pyrotechnics and during the relegation game between Fortuna Dusseldorf and Hertha BSC Berlin where fans climbed over the fences because they thought the game was over to celebrate the promotion of Fortuna.
Though I don't like pyrotechnics and the "Ultra scene" - but to call this violence is b***sh** :rolleyes:

Representatives from the German Football Association, professional clubs and Interior Minister Hans-Peter Friedrich have agreed to a code of conduct aimed at protecting fan culture.
http://www.dw.de/dw/article/0,,16103512,00.html

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Discussions about the situation in our stadiums.
We had some incidents last season, mostly because of pyrotechnics and during the relegation game between Fortuna Dusseldorf and Hertha BSC Berlin where fans climbed over the fences because they thought the game was over to celebrate the promotion of Fortuna.
Though I don't like pyrotechnics and the "Ultra scene" - but to call this violence is b***sh** :rolleyes:

Representatives from the German Football Association, professional clubs and Interior Minister Hans-Peter Friedrich have agreed to a code of conduct aimed at protecting fan culture.
http://www.dw.de/dw/article/0,,16103512,00.html

I tend to agree, are there still fences in the German Stadiums? mmmm thats not good either way. there is a fine line between common sense and reality as far as football officials are concerned. Im not a fan of the ''Ultra'' thing either, all clubs have them they should get a life. Over exuberance in celebration is one thing, however violent hooliganism is quite another.

Isnt the Singer in Die Totten Hosen a Dusseldorf Fan? i saw their fans i think in one of his videos but they dont look like aggressive types at all. Pyrotechnics yes but just fans enjoying the game from what i could tell.

In the 60s and 70s when Scottish teams won Cups in Europe there was after match pitch invasions.(Both non Hooligan) in Celtics case there was no trouble, as the Lisbon police were laidback and easy going. However when a similar thing happend at old Rangers cup win in Barcelona the Police over reacted and started beating the fans up.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I tend to agree, are there still fences in the German Stadiums? mmmm thats not good either way. there is a fine line between common sense and reality as far as football officials are concerned. Im not a fan of the ''Ultra'' thing either, all clubs have them they should get a life. Over exuberance in celebration is one thing, however violent hooliganism is quite another.

Isnt the Singer in Die Totten Hosen a Dusseldorf Fan? i saw their fans i think in one of his videos but they dont look like aggressive types at all. Pyrotechnics yes but just fans enjoying the game from what i could tell.

In the 60s and 70s when Scottish teams won Cups in Europe there was after match pitch invasions.(Both non Hooligan) in Celtics case there was no trouble, as the Lisbon police were laidback and easy going. However when a similar thing happend at old Rangers cup win in Barcelona the Police over reacted and started beating the fans up.

Yepp, right behind the goals where the standing areas are.
But you can't compare it with the 80`s or 90`s. I still remember all the cages where we penned in on our away trips :rolleyes:
All the new stadiums brought us huge improvements since then.
But I must admit, I'm getting old, my season tickets are seaters now ;)

I don't like these black dressed kids because sometimes it looks like they are more interested in these pyrotechnics and choreographic things than the game itself.
There are even talks about legalizing pyrotechnics in german stadiums by creating designated areas where they can do it. This is ridiculous and refused by DFB and DFL and I agree with this decision.

Campino is a real Fortuna Fan since many years and he even helped Fortuna to survive some years ago with a sponsorship on their jerseys.
I should have bought me one :mad:
http://www.fortuna-trikots.de/fortuna-trikots/f95-dth-schwarz.php

I am afraid that our police is not that laid back anymore and today there are more and more policemen around on game days though I still think that there were more real violence in the 80's and 90's.
So to me it's more a negative hype created by officials and media than a real serious problem.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yepp, right behind the goals where the standing areas are.
But you can't compare it with the 80`s or 90`s. I still remember all the cages where we penned in on our away trips :rolleyes:
All the new stadiums brought us huge improvements since then.
But I must admit, I'm getting old, my season tickets are seaters now ;)

I don't like these black dressed kids because sometimes it looks like they are more interested in these pyrotechnics and choreographic things than the game itself.
There are even talks about legalizing pyrotechnics in german stadiums by creating designated areas where they can do it. This is ridiculous and refused by DFB and DFL and I agree with this decision.

Campino is a real Fortuna Fan since many years and he even helped Fortuna to survive some years ago with a sponsorship on their jerseys.
I should have bought me one :mad:
http://www.fortuna-trikots.de/fortuna-trikots/f95-dth-schwarz.php

I am afraid that our police is not that laid back anymore and today there are more and more policemen around on game days though I still think that there were more real violence in the 80's and 90's.
So to me it's more a negative hype created by officials and media than a real serious problem.

As i said not good, reminds me of the bad old days of the 80s. Fences are part of what caused the Hillsborough disaster.

Thats different its ok for the odd one here and there, but a whole area for them? Nope Its football not Bonfire night or the 4th of July. Yeah in that case good decision.

Really? thats cool im all for that, shows hes a real fan. I would have got one of those if i had known, i bet they are hard to find now. lol

For the most part fans selfpolice, its only a few of the lunatic fringe that cause the trouble. Heavy Police numbers and strong match stewards have got rid of most of the trouble, its the price you pay at the big games i guess.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
mhnessie i like HSVs new home shirt, simple design better than the last one.

yepp....both shirts, home and away are the best we have had since years and both currently ranked as No.1 Bundesliga shirts (1st and 2nd Bundesliga).
Very classic design ! :tup:
http://www.11freunde.de/galerie/die-grosse-11freunde-trikotwahl-201213
(sorry, only in german, but you can click trough the gallery if you're interested to see the latest Bundesliga shirts.
Starts with rank 36 up until number 1)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
yepp....both shirts, home and away are the best we have had since years and both currently ranked as No.1 Bundesliga shirts (1st and 2nd Bundesliga).
Very classic design ! :tup:
http://www.11freunde.de/galerie/die-grosse-11freunde-trikotwahl-201213
(sorry, only in german, but you can click trough the gallery if you're interested to see the latest Bundesliga shirts.
Starts with rank 36 up until number 1)

I think Puma and Jako have the worst designs these days really terrible, Liked the usual suspects HSV, Bayern, Dortmund, and one or two others. Never knew Celtic were playing in the Bundesliga this year.;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Puma and Jako have the worst designs these days really terrible, Liked the usual suspects HSV, Bayern, Dortmund, and one or two others. Never knew Celtic were playing in the Bundesliga this year.;)

Unfortunately not, it's only Greuther Fuerth :(:D
Btw - like the new Celtic home shirt, only a small sponsor name on it ?! Very Intersting, never seen before !
A little OT, Preason is coming, where are you guys in UK watching NFL ?
I've ordered me a NFL Game Pass....

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Unfortunately not, it's only Greuther Fuerth :(:D
Btw - like the new Celtic home shirt, only a small sponsor name on it ?! Very Intersting, never seen before !
A little OT, Preason is coming, where are you guys in UK watching NFL ?
I've ordered me a NFL Game Pass....

Both Celtic and Newco Rangers are going back to the future with old designs and small sponsors this season. (Not that you will be seeing much of Newcos)

Here there is usually a live game on on Sundays, late obviously. 12am - 4am

Thought about NFL Game Pass looks good.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both Celtic and Newco Rangers are going back to the future with old designs and small sponsors this season. (Not that you will be seeing much of Newcos)

Here there is usually a Live game on on Sunday 12am - 4am

Thought about NFL Game Pass looks good.

Aaah, O.K...but can't choose the packers game to watch ?
Could be also any other game that they choose to show, right ?
Bears @ Lions for example ? :rolleyes::D
Same here so that's why I subscribed the Game Pass.
I like all these classically designed football shirts :tup:

What's new: HSV leaves for a 4 day Survival (Trainings)Camp in Sweden.
No toilets, sleeping in tents, no mobile phones, no Dr.Dre Monster Beats, fishing.....
I'd rather see them improving their tactical skills on the pitch....well, if it helps :rolleyes::D

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Aaah, O.K...but can't choose the packers game to watch ?
Could be also any other game that they choose to show, right ?
Bears @ Lions for example ? :rolleyes::D
Same here so that's why I subscribed the Game Pass.
I like all these classically designed football shirts :tup:

What's new: HSV leaves for a 4 day Survival (Trainings)Camp in Sweden.
No toilets, sleeping in tents, no mobile phones, no Dr.Dre Monster Beats, fishing.....
I'd rather see them improving their tactical skills on the pitch....well, if it helps :rolleyes::D

NFL Pass is a bit expensive, must be worth the effort. Ahh Greuther Fuerth? dont know them at all.:cautious:

Yep more often than not its the Bears or the New Jersey Giants, (but there is always the other channels) thankfully.:)

Good i like that idea roughing it a little, a reality check for them. I see what they are trying to do there.

That will come, team bonding is also important

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL Pass is a bit expensive, must be worth the effort. Ahh Greuther Fuerth? dont know them at all.:cautious:

Yep more often than not its the Bears or the New Jersey Giants, (but there is always the other channels) thankfully.:)

Good i like that idea roughing it a little, a reality check for them. I see what they are trying to do there.

That will come, team bonding is also important

Yeah, really expensive but the only way for me to be sure that I can watch every Packers game I want. ;)
Greuther Fuerth is a small club near Nuremberg, first time they play 1.Bundesliga.
Well, I do have mixed feeling about this training camp.
Of course team bonding is important and a good idea, but they are all professionals, at the end they don't care about others, they only care about themselves.
O.K., I know, sounds a little disillusioned and it is because of our last season....the worst I've ever seen.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yeah, really expensive but the only way for me to be sure that I can watch every Packers game I want. ;)
Greuther Fuerth is a small club near Nuremberg, first time they play 1.Bundesliga.
Well, I do have mixed feeling about this training camp.
Of course team bonding is important and a good idea, but they are all professionals, at the end they don't care about others, they only care about themselves.
O.K., I know, sounds a little disillusioned and it is because of our last season....the worst I've ever seen.

Ah bum for a split second i thought Celtic were away from SPL aswell.:)

Dont worry about it we have all been there, could be worse. You could be Newco Rangers. relegated no history no money no new players for 12 months and in the lowest league possible. Thats disillusion for real.;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ah bum for a split second i thought Celtic were away from SPL aswell.:)

Dont worry about it we have all been there, could be worse. You could be Newco Rangers. relegated no history no money no new players for 12 months and in the lowest league possible. Thats disillusion for real.;)
Well, that's a knockout argument. :D
Of course you are right, it could be worse indeed ;)

Edit: btw - St.Pa*** played Aberdeen today - 1:1

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Nessie, I'm missing something in the translation. What is so bad about Bayern using the phrase Mia san Mia if they aren't winning silver. Does "we are who we are" have different connotations in Germany? Here in the U.S. it simply means "accept me as I am".

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nessie, I'm missing something in the translation. What is so bad about Bayern using the phrase Mia san Mia if they aren't winning silver. Does "we are who we are" have different connotations in Germany? Here in the U.S. it simply means "accept me as I am".

Croak, literally it means the same.
But used in the context with Bayern, especially by themselves, the meaning of "Mia san Mia" is more like "we don't care about others" and a sign of strong self-confidence and the convincement that they will win anyway.
Most fans of other teams think it's simply arrogance and that's why "Mia san Mia" is not really popular outside Bavaria ! ;)

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts