Fußball-Bundesliga

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
All the way this year, all the way. Only this time Chelsea won't be there to beat us on PKs. :sick: And Nessie will be crying in his Holsten Pils. :whistling:
Sometimes only beer can help to stand games like last week. ;)
But as a HSV fan you have to be careful not to become an Alcoholic during the last decades :rolleyes: :D

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Bayern are Champions, "Deutscher Meister 2013". Congrats.
How do you celebrate this title Croak? ;)

Unfortunately, I'm celebrating with a bad case of bronchitis. I'll celebrate when I am well again.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Bah! a bit of a mid table malaise going on for HSV and County, disappointing you always like to move forward. Cup half full though, no relegation at least. ;)

Hope it clears up soon Croak.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bah! a bit of a mid table malaise going on for HSV and County, disappointing you always like to move forward. Cup half full though, no relegation at least. ;)

I cant stand it anymore, what a terrible game.
No ideas, no tactical system....:mad:

But a disappointing loss for Ross County as well, only 12 minutes away from another win and then Hearts scored three goals ?:rolleyes::(

As you wrote, both teams wont be relegated after this season though I think this is not enough for a Team like Hamburg, we need change after this season.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

Thanks for the well wishes guys. The wife is trying to talk me into going to the Doctor, she thinks I have pneumonia. I don't think it is. I'll wait it out a little and see.

I watched the Hamburg game. I can see why Hamburg fans would be disappointed. There is the core of a good team there, but it didn't seem like they had their act together. At times they didn't seem to feel like playing. But like I said, there are some very good players on that team. Is it the coaching, the system or what?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I just read how Schweinsteiger signed on with Bayern's Youth Club when he was 13. (We do things WAY different here in the U.S.) If soccer has been his one main pursuit since he was 13, what happens to him when his body gives out? What do Bundesliga players do when they retire?

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I just read how Schweinsteiger signed on with Bayern's Youth Club when he was 13. (We do things WAY different here in the U.S.) If soccer has been his one main pursuit since he was 13, what happens to him when his body gives out? What do Bundesliga players do when they retire?

Very different in some cases 13 is quite old to be picked up by a club with well run youth program. Some teams are smart and help their players for life after the game, others don't bother at all and Paul Gascoigne can be one of the results.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Gotta admit once again how much I admire the Bundesliga set up. Even though Bayern has clinched the title. The last 6 games really mean something to teams battling for the reward of the top 6 slots and those battling to avoid relegation. So the season is far from over. It's just really heating up.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yepp, we dont have a Draft like in the NFL or something similar.
Its more a "Battle for Talents" and as PackerFan71 wrote sometimes 13 years can be too late to be picked up by club.
And most of them fail on their way to professional football(soccer).

What they are doing after their career ? Many of them try to start a career as a coach or manager.
Especially Bayern has a good reputation for hiring former players as coaches for youth teams or talent scouts.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yepp, we dont have a Draft like in the NFL or something similar.
Its more a "Battle for Talents" and as PackerFan71 wrote sometimes 13 years can be too late to be picked up by club.
And most of them fail on their way to professional football(soccer).

What they are doing after their career ? Many of them try to start a career as a coach or manager.
Especially Bayern has a good reputation for hiring former players as coaches for youth teams or talent scouts.

Exactly nessie in all fairness to Bayern fairplay to them for that, as we discussed before they helped Gerd Muller out with his problems and he's back at the club in some capacity i wish more clubs followed this example.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Ha, Hamburg is back in the race. ;)
Only one point behind the 6th place and the "Europa League"
Strange results this weekend :rolleyes:

See? VanderVaart is charmed! He should have been wearing the armband since the beginning of the season. They'd be ahead of Bayern by now....

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I found this post on another forum, just thought id share he touches on the Standing in the ground and the allowance of a little bit of Alcohol in the Stadium. Done sensibly i see no harm in either. They have got it right in Germany, different football culture altogether.

Myself and a few friends decided to visit Bremen for a long weekend and it just so happened that Werder Bremen were playing Shalke in the Bundesliga. Although we had no tickets on the day, we proceeded to the stadium and managed to get 3 tickets relatively cheap, they were only $16 for standing, which is unbelievable value. The stadium was completely sold out with 45,000 fans and what an atmosphere it proved to be. The standing section was electric 30 minutes before kick-off and throughout the game, with no trouble whatsoever. We enjoyed several pints throughout the 90 minutes supplied from staff with beer in backpacks, novelty at its best. Although, Bremen comfortably lost the game, the stadium appreciated the football on display and the passion was incredible to witness (especially from the away fans). Never before have I been to a football game where I felt as if everyone was there for the day out, not once did I hear any shouting towards the Bremen players, which was an absolute breath of fresh air. So, with all of the above, it makes me wonder...

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
See? VanderVaart is charmed! He should have been wearing the armband since the beginning of the season. They'd be ahead of Bayern by now....
Hmmm, maybe not ahead of Bayern but at least close behind of them :eek::D
But to be serious - lets wait what happens next weekend.
The opponent is Dusseldorf.
We should be able to beat them at home, but thats what we thought against Fuerth, Augsburg and Freiburg too. :rolleyes:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I found this post on another forum, just thought id share he touches on the Standing in the ground and the allowance of a little bit of Alcohol in the Stadium. Done sensibly i see no harm in either. They have got it right in Germany, different football culture altogether.

Myself and a few friends decided to visit Bremen for a long weekend and it just so happened that Werder Bremen were playing Shalke in the Bundesliga. Although we had no tickets on the day, we proceeded to the stadium and managed to get 3 tickets relatively cheap, they were only $16 for standing, which is unbelievable value. The stadium was completely sold out with 45,000 fans and what an atmosphere it proved to be. The standing section was electric 30 minutes before kick-off and throughout the game, with no trouble whatsoever. We enjoyed several pints throughout the 90 minutes supplied from staff with beer in backpacks, novelty at its best. Although, Bremen comfortably lost the game, the stadium appreciated the football on display and the passion was incredible to witness (especially from the away fans). Never before have I been to a football game where I felt as if everyone was there for the day out, not once did I hear any shouting towards the Bremen players, which was an absolute breath of fresh air. So, with all of the above, it makes me wonder...

Well, what can I say. This must be a fake post because a sold out stadium im Bremen ? Never ever.
Who wants to see Werder Bremen ?
And what are these guys doing on a weekend in Bremen when the most beautiful city of Germany is
only 100 kms away ? :eek:;)
O.K., just kidding ;)
Nice post and another proof that German football is becoming more and more popular.

Alcohol allowance depends on the games. I remember Hamburg games against St.Pauli and Werder Bremen where they did not offer any alcoholic drinks.
Same with international games like Champions or Europa League where the UEFA does not accept alcohol in stadiums.
I wonder where this guy is from because he uses USD when he writes about the ticket prices.:confused:
And maybe next time he should visit a stadium with real good football atmosphere.....as said before...only 100 kms north of Bremen....:p

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Well, what can I say. This must be a fake post because a sold out stadium im Bremen ? Never ever.
Who wants to see Werder Bremen ?
And what are these guys doing on a weekend in Bremen when the most beautiful city of Germany is
only 100 kms away ? :eek:;)
O.K., just kidding ;)
Nice post and another proof that German football is becoming more and more popular.

Alcohol allowance depends on the games. I remember Hamburg games against St.Pauli and Werder Bremen where they did not offer any alcoholic drinks.
Same with international games like Champions or Europa League where the UEFA does not accept alcohol in stadiums.
I wonder where this guy is from because he uses USD when he writes about the ticket prices.:confused:
And maybe next time he should visit a stadium with real good football atmosphere.....as said before...only 100 kms north of Bremen....:p

Ha! well i knew i faced ridicule because it was Bremen! :D He seemed genuine in what he was saying anyway, i was just wandering what you thought about it from first hand experience.
I have no idea where he was from id have to check again to find out i think it was the UK.:confused:
Yeah i guessed myself there would be different rules for Alcohol at each ground.
I think i might cut and paste that and use it as a reply to him. :sneaky:

I found this at least Furth have a sense of humour if not much else.:)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ha! well i knew i faced ridicule because it was Bremen! :D He seemed genuine in what he was saying anyway, i was just wandering what you thought about it from first hand experience.
I have no idea where he was from id have to check again to find out i think it was the UK.:confused:
Yeah i guessed myself there would be different rules for Alcohol at each ground.
I think i might cut and paste that and use it as a rely to him. :sneaky:

I found this at least Furth have a sense of humour if not much else.:)

Thats funny,especially the tag on the right side of the picture :D
Where did you find it ?
And how did you get the meaning or are you learning German secretly :cautious:;)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Thats funny,especially the tag on the right side of the picture :D
Where did you find it ?
And how did you get the meaning or are you learning German secretly :cautious:;)

I found it on a football forum i look at now and again it has a German football section. Someone explained the meaning. Btw id like to learn German at some point, the best way would be to live there and immerse yourself in the language i think. :tup:

IRN BRU ad :D

Members online

Latest posts