Fußball-Bundesliga

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Another interesting article about german football/soccer:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/26/s...-germany-invests-heavily-in-soccer.html?_r=1&

But all the efforts are worth nothing if we dont win the World Cup or at least the Champions League.

Btw - I like this metaphor:
"...German teams have improved with a rising share of domestic players. At the same time, they have overcome stereotypes of ugly but effective play and today are more likely to be compared by opponents to finely tuned Porsches than grinding Panzer tanks." :D

But this comparison is ridiculous :rolleyes:

“...It’s no longer this wooden, boring soccer,” said Horst Heldt, the general manager at Schalke, a blue-collar squad with a national following similar to that of the N.F.L.’s Pittsburgh Steelers..."
Anyway, I "hate" them both :mad:;)

In the past i would say the stereotypes of German Football held some water, you know them all better than i do. ;)
But i would say now they don't really apply, watching England v Germany at the 2010 World Cup was for me the eye opener. Fantastic display by Germany they ripped England apart that day, the commentators were in disbelief and stunned by it. Out played by a team who's earnings were about a third of the wages of some English players.

However the only downside is the weight of expectation, this can be a serious problem if a team does not cut it at the highest level.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the past i would say the stereotypes of German Football held some water, you know them all better than i do. ;)
But i would say now they don't really apply, watching England v Germany at the 2010 World Cup was for me the eye opener. Fantastic display by Germany they ripped England apart that day, the commentators were in disbelief and stunned by it. Out played by a team who's earnings were about a third of the wages of some English players.

However the only downside is the weight of expectation, this can be a serious problem if a team does not cut it at the highest level.

Oh yes, when I remember players like Briegel, Karl-Heinz Foerster, ***** Buchwald I have to admit that the comparisons with tanks arent pure inventions ;)

I still remember the discussions about Jogi Loew after the loss against Italy.
Expectations are very high and I think without a major title Jogi only will be remembered as a coach who did not meet the expectations with a team that is arguably the best since 1990.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Oh yes, when I remember players like Briegel, Karl-Heinz Foerster, ***** Buchwald I have to admit that the comparisons with tanks arent pure inventions ;)

I still remember the discussions about Jogi Loew after the loss against Italy.
Expectations are very high and I think without a major title Jogi only will be remembered as a coach who did not meet the expectations with a team that is arguably the best since 1990.

Oh yes i remember him from Euro 92 when Germany played Scotland even though Germany won 2-0 good old ***** was knocked big time by little Stuart Mccall that day and had to go off. They had to fight hard for the win.
Bad results are part of the game but they are a pain in the neck, Loew for me is a good man doing a decent job but sometimes thats not enough.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Great article. Does it always seem like the winter break lasts forever???

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great article. Does it always seem like the winter break lasts forever???

Yepp, a weekend without Bundesliga games is quite boring, isn't it ? :rolleyes:
HSV is the first team that returns to practice, training camp in Abu Dhabi starts January 2nd.
But summer and winter breaks are also the time when "Kicker" publishes his rankings for the best players in Germany.
It just started with goalkeepers and guess who is No. 1 after the first part of the season ? Yes, its Rene Adler ;):tup:

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...w_adler-26-co-_ein-trio-landet-vor-neuer.html
http://www.hsv.de/en/season/meldung...12/rene-adler-germanys-number-one-say-kicker/

Hey, I like your Signature, PackerFan71. :)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
HSV is the first team that returns to practice, training camp in Abu Dhabi starts January 2nd.
But summer and winter breaks are also the time when "Kicker" publishes his rankings for the best players in Germany.
It just started with goalkeepers and guess who is No. 1 after the first part of the season ? Yes, its Rene Adler ;):tup:

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...w_adler-26-co-_ein-trio-landet-vor-neuer.html
http://www.hsv.de/en/season/meldung...12/rene-adler-germanys-number-one-say-kicker/

Thought you might ;) i found it from watching a movie i bet you have seen it.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thought you might ;) i found it from watching a movie i bet you have seen it.

Hmmmmm....a movie with Sepp Herberger?
Must be "Das Wunder von Bern"...is there a english version of it ? What's the english title - "The Miracle of Bern" ? :eek:Am I right ? :confused: :D
Must be funny, in English or German with subtitles ? :)

Btw - I'm watching ManU-WestBrom at the moment, after that game they show Arsenal against Newcastle. Because there are no Bundesliga games they show many EPL games instead ;)
Like that because I did not subscribe the international football package...

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Hmmmmm....a movie with Sepp Herberger?
Must be "Das Wunder von Bern"...is there a english version of it ? What's the english title - "The Miracle of Bern" ? :eek:Am I right ? :confused: :D
Must be funny, in English or German with subtitles ? :)

Btw - I'm watching ManU-WestBrom at the moment, after that game they show Arsenal against Newcastle. Because there are no Bundesliga games they show many EPL games instead ;)
Like that because I did not subscribe the international football package...

Well he was quoted in it a few times, the Movie is a German language film in subtitles Called ''Lola Reent'' or ''Run Lola Run'' in English really cool storyline the actress in it is brilliant.

I hope West Brom win!!!

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well he was quoted in it a few times, the Movie is a German language film in subtitles Called ''Lola Reent'' or ''Run Lola Run'' in English really cool storyline the actress in it is brilliant.

I hope West Brom win!!!
Oh! Lola Rennt? Although I've seen it i did not remember that Herberger was quoted...
Great movie, actress Franka Potente also appeared in Bourne Identity as Matt Damons german girlfriend who later was killed in Goa as much as I remember. (BI 2+3?)

Well, at the moment it doesnt look like as if West Brom will win but there are still 30 minutes left ;)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Oh! Lola Rennt? Although I've seen it i did not remember that Herberger was quoted...
Great movie, actress Franka Potente also appeared in Bourne Identity as Matt Damons german girlfriend who later was killed in Goa as much as I remember. (BI 2+3?)

Well, at the moment it doesnt look like as if West Brom will win but there are still 30 minutes left ;)

He was quoted very quickly i only got it by googling it, yeah that's her shes been in a couple of other movies i've liked the Bourne one and also ''The Sinking of the Laconia''

Ah bummer typical Manure lol!

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was quoted very quickly i only got it by googling it, yeah that's her shes been in a couple of other movies i've liked the Bourne one and also ''The Sinking of the Laconia''

Ah bummer typical Manure lol!
Yeah, and to make it even worse - the Dutch diver scored.....

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yeah, and to make it even worse - the Dutch diver scored.....
Here is another exponent of the dark art of diving.

"People keep saying I'm diving, but if there's contact it's not diving. Referees need to look more closely." - Gareth Bale

Hes having a laugh Bale is terrible for this. Every time he hits the deck i would book him for simulation rightly or wrongly, he would then stop it very quickly. The laws are too soft, id set up a review team to watch each game and impose heavy fines and even ban them from playing. That would stop all the cheats in their tracks.

Maloney did not touch him, he clipped his own boots then fell.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Here is another.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is another exponent of the dark art of diving.

"People keep saying I'm diving, but if there's contact it's not diving. Referees need to look more closely." - Gareth Bale

I watched the highlights of Sunderland vs. Spurs and first thought he did it again. :rolleyes:
But looks like this time the ref was wrong by giving him a yellow card for diving. :eek:
That happens if you are well known as a diver, you dont get freekicks or penalties anymore.
Well deserved....:D
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/im-no-diver-insists-gareth-1509993

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I watched the highlights of Sunderland vs. Spurs and first thought he did it again. :rolleyes:
But looks like this time the ref was wrong by giving him a yellow card for diving. :eek:
That happens if you are well known as a diver, you dont get freekicks or penalties anymore.
Well deserved....:D
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/im-no-diver-insists-gareth-1509993

Hahahaha! i never saw the game but i'm delighted he got a card brilliant. The refs are no doubt sick of his diving long may the bookings rightly or wrongly for him continue.:cool:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

Adler is good, but I 'm surprised it wasn't Neuer.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just got my final Christmas present in the mail. A Bayern scarf that says "Deutscher Rekordmeister"
Nice, where do I get Bayern gear like this - I've never seen German Bundesliga gear in ****'s Sporting Goods or Sporting Authority for example - or do you have to order it abroad ?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Nice, where do I get Bayern gear like this - I've never seen German Bundesliga gear in ****'s Sporting Goods or Sporting Authority for example - or do you have to order it abroad ?

Madsoccer USA through Amazon.com

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
So if Augsburg or Furth are relegated, does that mean that Braunschweig or Berlin from Bundesliga 2 will move up?

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
So if Augsburg or Furth are relegated, does that mean that Braunschweig or Berlin from Bundesliga 2 will move up?
If they do not climb up the table until the end of the season both will be relegated and Eintrach Braunschweig and Hertha would move up.
Hoffenheim and Kaiserslautern would play two promotion-relagation matches and the winner grabs the last remaining place.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
GolTV is featuring Bayern games from 2 to 5:30 today. I guess I won't get much done this afternoon....

http://www.goltv.tv/en/schedule

Ha, great - there is also a show called "Hallo Bundesliga", funny ! :tup:
What do they show on Bundesliga Magazine, latest news, transfers ?

Btw - Dortmund signs Sahin, looks like Real or Liverpool dont want him anymore.
BVB borrowed him until 2014.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Ha, great - there is also a show called "Hallo Bundesliga", funny ! :tup:
What do they show on Bundesliga Magazine, latest news, transfers ?

Btw - Dortmund signs Sahin, looks like Real or Liverpool dont want him anymore.
BVB borrowed him until 2014.

Bundesliga Magazine usually focuses on one topic, team or player for most of the show.

Members online

Latest posts