Fußball-Bundesliga

Luca

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Feyenoord bought Vermeer from Ajax for 700K € (back-up goalkeeper, one year deal and badly wanted to leave). Feyenoord will sent their back-up goalkeeper to Excelsior. Ajax will buy the goalkeeper from Zwolle for 1.5 million € to be their new backup. Zwolle will probably buy the goalkeeper from NAC.

It might have gotten even funnier. After Manchester United heard about this deal they tried to convince Vermeer to join them. After they found out they were too late, they tried to buy him from Feyenoord in exchange for Anders Lindegaard and a fee much higher than 700K € (first goalkeeper on a 4 year deal now). This deal was rejected by Feyenoord.

EDIT : Turns out that the back-up goalkeeper of Feyenoord goes Zwolle, and not Excelsior. Therefore it is only 3 deals involving 3 teams. Excelsior said that they will try to sign a goalkeeper of the street, so there still is a 4th change upcoming.

Luca

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Labour Day is our compensation for not having a May Day... (which was likely deemed as being too Communist). If you like the CFL it is easier to remember as there are always games between local rivals (Toronto vs Hamilton and Calgary vs Edmonton), which makes in much like the NFL's Thanksgiving day schedule.

We don't have a labour day here :( Not in may and not in september :(.

The first of may used to be "national hangover day" though (our biggest national holiday (Queensday/Kingsday) used to be the 30th of april until it was moved last year to the 27th of april).

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Great! Blowing the whistle on RB.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
I am going to read the link written on the back of the banner.

http://www.nein-zu-rb.de/

There has to be a bit of old West Berlin versus Ost Zone tensions mixed in with these emotions.

When it comes to a financial juggernaut ruining competition, where are the nein-zu-fc bayern Pfeiffkonzerte?

Nessie is best situated to answer this, but I will see how close my answer is to his.

The difference being is that Bayern is not in debt, and they aren't owned/advertised/managed by a Corporation. That violates the 50+1 rule. Why the DFB is allowing Red Bull Leipzig to do it... Well, my guess is that the DFB is allowing what Red Bull is doing is because they are an East German team, and there really are no East German teams in the Bundesliga, depending on how you split up Berlin. The DFB feels its necessary to have a financially strong East German team in the Bundesliga.

That's my guess only.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
We don't have a labour day here :( Not in may and not in september :(.

The first of may used to be "national hangover day" though (our biggest national holiday (Queensday/Kingsday) used to be the 30th of april until it was moved last year to the 27th of april).
You move a public holiday from one day to another ? :cautious: How come ? And isn't this the day where all Dutch people wear strange coloured clothes....? :cautious::D

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nessie is best situated to answer this, but I will see how close my answer is to his.

The difference being is that Bayern is not in debt, and they aren't owned/advertised/managed by a Corporation. That violates the 50+1 rule. Why the DFB is allowing Red Bull Leipzig to do it... Well, my guess is that the DFB is allowing what Red Bull is doing is because they are an East German team, and there really are no East German teams in the Bundesliga, depending on how you split up Berlin. The DFB feels its necessary to have a financially strong East German team in the Bundesliga.

That's my guess only.
I couldn't explain it any better Bundesbiers.
Do I like Bayern Munich? Certainly not.
But like them or not, todays success is a result of highly professional and hard work since decades and especially the lifework of the criminal who serves his sentence in Landsberg at the moment.
RB (RasenBallsport Verein, not Red Bull, what a joke) Leipzig is an artificial construct that exploits a gap in the German law of associations and DFL/DFB rules. Thats why they are hated, it hasn't anything to do with their East German origin.
When Hoffenheim got promoted to 1. Bundesliga there were many protests in every stadium as well.
To give you a some examples:

Luca

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You move a public holiday from one day to another ? :cautious: How come ? And isn't this the day where all Dutch people wear strange coloured clothes....? :cautious::D

Because we celebrate the birthday of our queen/king. Our queen was replaced by a king. The 27th of April happens to be his birthday.

And yeah that is the day that all Dutch people wear orange clothes.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because we celebrate the birthday of our queen/king. Our queen was replaced by a king. The 27th of April happens to be his birthday.

My workmate was there in Amsterdam last April and he loved the atmosphere ! Must be fun ! :tup:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

I know someone who went to a Queens day weekend and had a great time, you Dutchies can have a ball nearly as good as us Scots. ;)

Luca

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My workmate was there in Amsterdam last April and he loved the atmosphere ! Must be fun ! :tup:

I know someone who went to a Queens day weekend and had a great time, you Dutchies can have a ball nearly as good as us Scots. ;)

It is a lot of fun!! You should visit Holland for Kingsnight/Kingsday!!

I have never been in Scotland, so I can't judge your statement. I do however know that Germans are pretty good at partying. You gotta love carnival in Cologne or Oktoberfest in Munchen (we do have carnival in the Netherlands, but German carnival is better).

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
It is a lot of fun!! You should visit Holland for Kingsnight/Kingsday!!

I have never been in Scotland, so I can't judge your statement. I do however know that Germans are pretty good at partying. You gotta love carnival in Cologne or Oktoberfest in Munchen (we do have carnival in the Netherlands, but German carnival is better).

Scotland at New Years Eve, then you will know what im talking about. ;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats Hogmany here nessie, we celebrate it more than Christmas here we let our hair down and party bigtime. :D:tup:
Aaaah, Hogmanay.....didn't know that its that big ! :eek:
Sounds like fun too. Compared to this our New Years Eve is pretty boring, nothing special despite of the usual fireworks at midnight :sleep:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Aaaah, Hogmanay.....didn't know that its that big ! :eek:
Sounds like fun too. Compared to this our New Years Eve is pretty boring, nothing special despite of the usual fireworks at midnight :sleep:

Yeah but you Germans spend weeks celebrating Oktoberfest, and weeks celebrating Christmas. I like long celebrations

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
I couldn't explain it any better Bundesbiers.

Do I like Bayern Munich? Certainly not.

RB (RasenBallsport Verein, not Red Bull, what a joke) Leipzig is an artificial construct that exploits a gap in the German law of associations and DFL/DFB rules.

Dear friends. This is not an argument that I feel particularly emotional about. I do find it amusing when I come down politically to the right on an issue than our Bundessäufer. Here is what I want to quote from the RB hater blog.

Gegen wen richtet sich unser Protest?

Unser Protest richtet sich in erster Linie gegen RedBull und „Rasenballsport“ Leipzig. Für uns ist RB Leipzig jedoch nur ein Teil des heutigen kommerziellen Fußballs – ein Fußball der sich im Rahmen kapitalistischer Interessen bewegt.

I haven't been around for awhile, but I don't recall anybody lampooning Schumi for wandering about consistently with a Shell logo on his head. Same would likely be the case with Red Bull's F1 involvement.

Can you imagine a NHL, NFL, MLB etc. player dressed like this?

Declaring holy ground for one particular sport smells of another Bosman like ruling to me.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
I do find it amusing when I come down politically to the right on an issue than our Bundessäufer.

LOL. That probably happens more frequently than you think. I fall to the left on many issues, specifically gun control.

Declaring holy ground for one particular sport smells of another Bosman like ruling to me.

That's not what we are arguing. We are arguing that there are specific rules in the DFB that apply to everyone EXCEPT RB. That's the outrage.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dear friends. This is not an argument that I feel particularly emotional about. I do find it amusing when I come down politically to the right on an issue than our Bundessäufer. Here is what I want to quote from the RB hater blog.
But many football fans in Germany feel emotional about this Sandolf.
It might be romantic and maybe even old-fashioned but for many fans in Germany football is about history and tradition, victories and defeats, joy and sorrow, it's part of our culture. And especially as a HSV fan I know what I am talking about.
Yes, I understand that football is a business nowadays and I am fine with bringing in strategic partners but I am against investors who want to make money with it. We dont want conditions like in England or American professional sports were its all about making money. Cardiff City is changing his crest and team colours, ManU or Fulham were sold from one owner to another, Glasgow Rangers went bankrupt, Baltimore Colts are now the Indianapolis Colts, and maybe the Raiders will be headed to LA one day.
This is exactly what we do not want here, though it might be fine for US fans who seem to think different about this or even don't care.
What does this have to do with hate against Red Bull ? Red Bull is a similar construct, owned by a company or at least managed by Red Bull managers. They dont care about history and tradition, they are just pumping money into this construct named RB Leipzig without any limits. And if this will be successful others might follow. So nip it in the bud and let them feel that they are not welcome.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
So would you agree or disagree that RB Leipzig is Plastik or not?

Hey... did you watch the comedy links I posted? Although your opinion about American films is well taken, there are some interesting underground filmmakers in North America as well. Or was your position so firm that you didn't invest the five minutes?

I stumbled onto this opinion in the game-day thread.

Seahawks will struggle to make the playoffs. I have posted it a few times and I am sticking with it.

The point being if sometimes you want something badly enough, it doesn't mean it is going to happen.

There is a scene in the comedy that depicts a Russian president not wanting to engage the Americans in a conflict, like in the good old days, for the sake of opinion polls. They were now concentrating on indoor toilets, central heating and cell phones for all.

Did you watch the game last night? I am disappointed for some of my European friends if they are up at 5 am to witness that kind of a thrashing. I have some experience with that scenario. But it doesn't really effect my take on the Green Bay Packers.

This kind of sums up my view on RB Leipzig. I can take the majority opinion of my friends and no doubt there is a plastik element to all of this. The question is was this situation better?

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/DDR-Liga

Maybe check out the history of international fixtures between the BRD (FRG) and the DDR (GDR).

I was living in Germany during the Leipzig protests. These people... (with apologies to the Polish Solidarity movement)... really got the ball rolling to take down the Honecker regime. I also very much remember all of what Helmut Kohl... (and others)... promised them. Fußball wise, the DDR Liga was absorbed... and with the exception of Hansa Rostock for a time... all of the clubs sunk down like a rock to the 3rd and 4th divisions because of lack of funding.

So if a team located in the former Soviet zone is going to ever mix in with the BRD big boys, how is this ever going to happen? Sheik Monsour set out to make City a bigger team than the Rags. Even though the Rags are well hated, people began to hate City more because it disturbed the natural order of things. Is it nice that he took an A-League team like Melbourne Hearts and re-branded them Melbourne City? Would I appreciate a takeover of the Stuttgarter Kickers?

So that is why I come down with a neutral view of this issue.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts