From Pacman to Packerman?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pacman validated his 2005 draft pick status (#6 overall pick, including the very first defensive player) as a Titan by taking 4 punts back for TD's his first 2 seasons, and an Int back for a TD as well.

He led the NFL in punt return avg, even ahead of Devin Hester, that 2006 season. His best performance came against the Jacksonville Jaguars in week 15, when Jones had an 83-yard interception return for a score, a 70-yard kick return, and broke up a touchdown pass to Matt Jones to save the game.

Two weeks later, against the Eagles, Jones recorded his second punt return for a score of the season, this one 90-yards, breaking Billy Johnson's 87-yard franchise record.

The next week against the New York Giants, Jones picked off an Eli Manning pass in the fourth quarter that sparked the Titans' 21-point comeback.

Against the New England Patriots in the last game of the season, Jones totaled 259 return yards (the NFL's highest total since 2006) along with a punt return score.

He's only 26 years old. He could turn out to be a Al Harris type of steal. Let him simply return punts for awhile to shake the rust off and learn Capers' defense. even if he doesn't return to that lofty status, it's a low-risk for a top-6 talent in any draft, especially one this young and healthy.

Nobody here can say, with a straight face, that he doesn't have way more talent than Pat Lee, Brandy Underwood, Will Blackmon, Josh Bell, and any CB that we drafted this year!

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wouldnt hate Adalius, he's up there in age and kind of washed up, but might have a little left in the tank. But we do need help at corner, and its slim pickings out there right now, PacMan could be a great steal for how cheap we could get him..

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no doubt that he is a playmaker. What concerns me is will he be as consistent off the field as he is on it?
I am originally from Wisconsin but now reside in the Dallas area. Although I am sure you can get in trouble anywhere..........you have more trouble in one sq. Kilometer in Dallas than you can find in the City of Green Bay. If you want booze, drugs, guns, Hookers and strippers......just follow the signs that say booze, drugs, guns, Hookers and strippers. My point is this. Pac man has had his problems no doubt.......and anyone can find trouble in Green bay or any other place if they are looking for it. Surroundings has alot to do with wether some people fail or not. I think Pac man knows this is his last chance and will not **** this up. Besides..........we never got a replacement for Jarrett Bush in the Draft.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Pacman validated his 2005 draft pick status (#6 overall pick, including the very first defensive player) as a Titan by taking 4 punts back for TD's his first 2 seasons, and an Int back for a TD as well.

He led the NFL in punt return avg, even ahead of Devin Hester, that 2006 season. His best performance came against the Jacksonville Jaguars in week 15, when Jones had an 83-yard interception return for a score, a 70-yard kick return, and broke up a touchdown pass to Matt Jones to save the game.

Two weeks later, against the Eagles, Jones recorded his second punt return for a score of the season, this one 90-yards, breaking Billy Johnson's 87-yard franchise record.

The next week against the New York Giants, Jones picked off an Eli Manning pass in the fourth quarter that sparked the Titans' 21-point comeback.

Against the New England Patriots in the last game of the season, Jones totaled 259 return yards (the NFL's highest total since 2006) along with a punt return score.

He's only 26 years old. He could turn out to be a Al Harris type of steal. Let him simply return punts for awhile to shake the rust off and learn Capers' defense. even if he doesn't return to that lofty status, it's a low-risk for a top-6 talent in any draft, especially one this young and healthy.

Nobody here can say, with a straight face, that he doesn't have way more talent than Pat Lee, Brandy Underwood, Will Blackmon, Josh Bell, and any that we drafted this year!

Very well said

MelrosE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like said before; bring him in and let him prove to us and the NFL that he can change. If not, big deal.
I'd like to see him in a Packer uniform.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I remember the mid 90's when we lost a chance for 3 Super Bowls because the Cowboys had a bunch of thugs, but those damn thugs could play. I want Super Bowls period. Let the police handle any crimes that may occur, but let's be real here: Pacman is not gonna carjack you or pull any more stunts. The guy is a desperate player right now and like Ricky Williams, sometimes you gotta hit rock bottom to appreciate what you had.
You've talked me into thinking this isn't a totally crappy idea. I could stomach it. It's worth a look, I suppose.

That quote is exactly how I feel. I want to win. I don't care who we have to sign or who we have to cut to do it.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find it interesting, ironic actually, that the 2 teams that beat us in Green Bay last year were the Bengals and the Vikings.

The Bengals here signing the past-troubled Pacman.

The Vikings invested a ton in Jared Allen 2 years ago, and he had been suspended not once but twice with DUI incidents. Both guys were clearly talented, with Pacman being a #6 overall pick and Allen a 5th rounder. But by their 2nd seasons each, but were Pro Bowlers, but with character problems.

Have I told anyone today that I hate the Vikings? If not, here: I hate the Vikings.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol good point. When he screws up again, I wonder how long it will take for people to start suggesting we sign him.

the last time PacMan was arrested was way before he even signed with Dallas.. Dallas didnt let him go because he was arrested, i think people forget that..

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the last time PacMan was arrested was way before he even signed with Dallas.. Dallas didnt let him go because he was arrested, i think people forget that..

Yeah your right, he only tried to fight his bodyguard/baby sitter. Do we really want a player who requires a damn baby sitter?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live in Dallas (metro) and there weren't any big issues that I heard of.
Jerry Jones wanted to keep him, and wanted to keep TO.

But there were segments of society here who were pressuring him to get rid of all those guys with "issues". The Cowboys have a lot of decent dudes now. But Jerry just couldn't resist adding Dez Bryant could he!

The worst thing that would happen with signing Pacman for us is he'd not be very good. But that's still better than Jarrett Bush.

Would you rather have Jarrett Bush continue to please Ted Thompson in whatever way he does to keep his job, while be a clean citizen off the field, or would you rather have Pacman play well, return a punt or two for a TD, but make some rain at the Beansnapper?

I'll take the farking touchdowns.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live in Dallas (metro) and there weren't any big issues that I heard of.
Jerry Jones wanted to keep him, and wanted to keep TO.

But there were segments of society here who were pressuring him to get rid of all those guys with "issues". The Cowboys have a lot of decent dudes now. But Jerry just couldn't resist adding Dez Bryant could he!

The worst thing that would happen with signing Pacman for us is he'd not be very good. But that's still better than Jarrett Bush.

Would you rather have Jarrett Bush continue to please Ted Thompson in whatever way he does to keep his job, while be a clean citizen off the field, or would you rather have Pacman play well, return a punt or two for a TD, but make some rain at the Beansnapper?

I'll take the farking touchdowns.

The worst thing that could happen is he would be involved in another shooting, and the blame falls on the Packers for bringing in someone who has a history of violence. You should watch the video I posted earlier in the thread.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pacman Jones New Revelations - ESPN Video - ESPN

I just watched the video, but it's about a year and a half ago already.

I agree with ivo though that this guy is scum, is obviously a gangster punk violent ghetto thug, and I hate people like him. I know the city of Green Bay has a growing number of thugs like this robbing stores and shooting, killing people. The streets are already looking more like jungles in Detroit and Chicago. I want all of them locked up and the key thrown away. But that's a crime story.

If Pacman is allowed to play in the NFL, I want his talent playing for us, not against us.

Remember, some skeptics were afraid Jared Allen would drink & drive and possibly kill a Minnesotan. Same with KoRo coming to Green Bay amidst a full 1-year suspension. Those things didn't happen. I doubt Pacman would shoot anyone while in Green Bay.

All in all, this guy really belongs in prison along with all his cohorts and associates.

So why would I want him? Because I want wins, I want playoff wins, I want Super Bowls, and I believe this guy can get the dust off the wheels and turn into the player that was a premiere prospect and player for the Titans. I don't believe we need to always field a team of choir boys and cub scouts.

But I can live with keeping him out of Green Bay too. I just wish they'd keep all those thugs out of Green Bay who are making it seem more like Milwaukee and Chicago these days.

Pacman might belong in Cincinnati though.

Latest posts