From CA, first time in GB

faithality

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
I'll be attending my first Packer game this Oct 24. Against the Vikings, and I just had some questions, if you would be so kind to answer them.

1) What will the weather be like, and what should my clothing be like?
2) What are some places that I must go to?
3) Would it be possible to get the tour of Lambeau and are there any other tours I should attend.
4) Anything else you would recommend to someone that will be visiting for the first time, and possibly not again for awhile.

Thank you so much for your help!
Go Pack.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
I'll be attending my first Packer game this Oct 24. Against the Vikings, and I just had some questions, if you would be so kind to answer them.

Go Pack.
On that date, it could be 35 degrees. Or 45 degrees. Or 55 degrees. It's a night game, so no warmth from the sun.
It actually, if a normal day for that date, will be ideal football weather.

You won't know though, until a couple days before, so watch the forecast of course.

I just hope you get to see a Packers win!

OP
OP
F

faithality

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks FrankRizzo for your help.

I had one more question, It seems like all the hotels/motels in GB are packed for that weekend. Is there any alternatives in GB that I could look into, or if not, where would be the best place?

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
Try hotels in Appleton, its a 20 minute drive or so, but its a rather large city too.
Parking, you can park along the neighborhood streets and walk 1/4 mile for free or else pay $10-30 for closer parking in a lawn or driveway.
The weather will more than likely be in the 40's that evening.
Im a fan of the Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary. Good way to kill an hour in GB, also Wequiock Falls is a neat place to hang for a bit.
Go Saturday and check out Lambeau and the HOF.
Anything else?

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
Manitowoc would work too for you...

Appleton Hotels or Manitowoc Hotels into Google and that'll do ya...beware Packer price hikes though

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dam your first Packers game against THE division rival. I am going with COLD but who cares, the football is going to be awesome!

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All i want for my 21st bday (oct 19th) is a packer win that sunday!
i was hoping it was in minn so i could get tickets (away at college) but hopefully i can make the later game

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Faith . there is always shortage of hotel rooms in GB on Packer home game day.

You might be able to find a hotel room for the Packer/Viking game weekend from a smaller locally owned hotel located on East side of the Fox river in GB suburb on Alluoez. it is near hwy 172 which willlget you to LF quickly. The Mariner Motel on the Fox River-- www.marinergreenbay.com
-
Phone 920-327-3780- 2222 Riverside Dr. - Green Bay, Wi. 54304 Mgr is Richard

There is very good Restaurant and Bar called Sconnies located right in front of the Motel.

The hotel room cost is moderate for Hotel room on Packer home game weekend, as compared to room rates at large franchise hotel. Room are clean and neat.

There is a Greater Green Bay Convention and Visitors website. It has all the GB hotel websites and you can check the websites of Green Bay Hotels room for all their room vacanceis and room costs. website www.greenbay.com

Greater Green Bay Convention and visitors Bureau. phone number is toll free 1-888-867-3342.
They have lots of informational pamphlets about Green Bay. if you request them, i think , they might send them to you.

There is another smaller,older hotel located about 1- 1/2 miles from of LF, it is Skylight Motel - Phone 920-494-5641-located at 2120 S Ashland Ave - Business hwy 41 and 32 -
Green Bay Wi 54304- It is family owned and operated - Rachael Kasbohm- Owner. Rate of rooms are moderate. Rooms are clean and neat.

Any other information you need. Just asked on this topic and I will reply with the answer.

PWT (Phil) Green Bay born and raised, now live in Green Bay suburb of De Pere located just 5 miles south of LF.

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
The museum on Broadway is pretty neat too (Neville?)...I think its on Broadway or maybe Main St, near the bridge and 9/11 memorial.

Buying a 1 day WI fishing license and try for some walleye outta the Fox River, or do like I did and get some carp outta the East River, see pic of my East River pride here ( Josh Long | Facebook )
Or just have a GPS and just drive around man, its beautiful up there, especially in the fall!

You can go see "Hotel Hell" in Maribel, where Dillenger/Capone and his boys would go to relax (just an empty limestone shell now though)

You can go throw eggs at my ex employer, APAC :)

Go to various parks on the bay....

OP
OP
F

faithality

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the help again.

I think this is my last question for now, but I was wondering when the tour of Lambeau/HOF is usually given. Do they do it on Mondays? And what is it like/etc.

As of now, it looks like we are going to fly in to Milwaukee and drive the 2 hours, and stay at a hotel there.
We will fly in on Saturday, and leave Monday.

X-Factor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if it is cold, 1st thing you should do when you walk in the stadium is is buy those seat cushions for $5 or whatever it is....the seats are metal bleachers, which i didnt know about and my first game I literally froze my *** off. :)

Mko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

2) What are some places that I must go to? If you like pizza you need to make sure you go to Sammy's Pizza. It's down the street from LF and has the best pizza. My wife and I go to a couple of games a year and our first stop in town is Sammy's. Order the Sammy's special. While you are in Milwaukee you should check out Kopps in the Silver Springs area. Great burgers and custard.
3) Would it be possible to get the tour of Lambeau and are there any other tours I should attend. You have to do the tour of LF. It's only $11. I would suggest arriving to LF really early Saturday and purchase your tickets for the tour later in the day. They sell out around 10 or 11.
4) Anything else you would recommend to someone that will be visiting for the first time, and possibly not again for awhile.

Go Pack.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts