From a Raider fan. Good luck ;)

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Steelers are the officiating crews FAVORITE team, you know it's true

Tebow is the media's favorite player, and there fore Denver, and John Fox their favorite coach and team of all time.

I think this would spark controversy big time.

This is true. The officiating crew is not the same as the media. So therefore Steelers have the edge. Sorry AFC West.

I just wonder who the heck gets the 6th seed. God help us if TN gets in. Please go away Titans. Might be Jets now. You know those suckers never go away.......Bengals? Bengals lose to Houston this weekend and they might be done. They are fading.

Oh wait, on topic of Raiders/Packers. I think the Packers D injuries or not will have a better game this weekend. Kinda of like when they played the Chargers in SD and looked completely lost at times. I think they will be much sharper a week later at home. Problem is why can't the Pack D stay consistent? Strange. Maybe it was the LB injuries vs. a veteran Giants offense. that hurt badly. They even said early on they had communication issuses.

Raiders have had some injuries on offense, the big time speed players they rely on have been out like Ford and Moore. Raiders D can also be run on and gives up the most yards per carry in the league. This is the game to run the ball in and the Packers even more then playing better D could use a good running game for a full game again.

LApackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My brother and other family members are rai:poop: fans . Packers must dominate and win big on sunday!!!! Show them there is only one nation and that's PACKER NATION!!!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
But I think the running game will play in favor for us if it's cold, snowy, and bad weather. We are a run first team after-all. But Rodgers will still sling the ball like it's a nice 70 degrees with a nice breeze and sunny outside

FWIW, by the weekend, the local weather geeks are calling for temps in the teens...the hot spell is over in Northeastern Wisconsin...had to shut the windows last night -- got down to 22 degrees.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FWIW, by the weekend, the local weather geeks are calling for temps in the teens...the hot spell is over in Northeastern Wisconsin...had to shut the windows last night -- got down to 22 degrees.

When does the snow usually arrive in GB? In scotland here it has already begun today, we had our first layer of snow on the ground

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
We've had a one snowfall that actually required shoveling and that was in early November. Melted the next day when the temps hit 50. My lawn is still green....now, an hour northwest of Green Bay - maybe an hour and a half from Oshkosh where I live, they were belted with 5" over this last weekend.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

Remember that it was in 26 degree weather when Rodgers threw for 404 yards and 3 TDs last year.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice to meet a Raiders fan on this forum. Despite being in two separate conferences, The Packers do have a bit of history with the Raiders, such as the fact that the Packers and the Raiders met up in the second AFL-NFL matchup (Super Bowl II), the 1993 game in Lambeau where Leroy Butler invented the Lambeau Leap, and of course, the Brett Favre MNF game in the 2000s. I've always had some respect for the Raiders organization, especially the late Al Davis for what he did for the NFL.

I have a few questions to ask you.
  1. How is the offense run? Do you rely on Carlson Palmer's arm a lot, or do you grind it out with run plays? Is there an offensive system that you run?
  2. What are the strengths and weaknesses of the defense? What player does Aaron Rodgers have to worry about the most? What cornerback can Rodgers pick on the most with success?
  3. Has the death of Al Davis motivated this team? If so, to what extent?
  4. What happened in the Miami game? You didn't score any points until the 4th quarter.
I hope for a well-fought, injury-free game (although with the bloodbaths that occurred at Detroit and New York, that may be too much to ask for).

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Well, that's the way everyone is calling it...but...the Raiders are not a bunch of slouches. Not for a minute do I think this is going to be a "gimme". Love that pic.... LMAO.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Raiders have a lot of talent Palmer is a good q.b. thing is if we are able to stop the run and have Palmer throw a lot he's going to go after Bush and Perah,thing is they have come a long way and they can make Palmer pay.Raiders always play tough football,but I think A-Rod will be able to handle their d-line.

Raider Chris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello... my name is Chris, I live at the beach in Los Angeles County (Playa Del Rey) and I've been a Raiders fan since 1976 - I was a little kid then... I will be traveling to Green Bay this weekend for the first time and am very excited! I won't be wearing Darth Vader costumes or assorted b******t so I might not look like the "typical" Raiders fan you've read about or seen on television LOL

Anyway, let's party
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
!

Nice to meet a Raiders fan on this forum. Despite being in two separate conferences, The Packers do have a bit of history with the Raiders, such as the fact that the Packers and the Raiders met up in the second AFL-NFL matchup (Super Bowl II), the 1993 game in Lambeau where Leroy Butler invented the Lambeau Leap, and of course, the Brett Favre MNF game in the 2000s. I've always had some respect for the Raiders organization, especially the late Al Davis for what he did for the NFL.

1. How is the offense run? Do you rely on Carlson Palmer's arm a lot, or do you grind it out with run plays? Is there an offensive system that you run?
  2. What are the strengths and weaknesses of the defense? What player does Aaron Rodgers have to worry about the most? What cornerback can Rodgers pick on the most with success?
  4. What happened in the Miami game? You didn't score any points until the 4th quarter.
I hope for a well-fought, injury-free game (although with the bloodbaths that occurred at Detroit and New York, that may be too much to ask for).

1. A question that has been asked amongst ourselves the past several games... we had a very formidable 1-2 punch with McFadden & Bush to begin the season so Jason Campbell really had to "game manage" and hit our speed receivers deep. Then the roof caved in and both Campbell and McFadden went down. OUCH. Not many teams could get over that. We made the Palmer trade, Michael Bush runs rampant over San Diego, all seems well... the buck stopped there for the running game, thanks to Palmer going pass happy no doubt due to his friendship/familiarity with Hue Jackson.

Our only chance to beat you guys is to re-establish some semblance of a running game. I hope our coaches are drinking coffee and watching game film right this second figuring something out.

2. The weakness of the defense is the coordinator Chuck Bresnahan... one of the Al Davis ties that must be broken. There was a reason he was coaching in the f*****g UFL last year LOL As for who Rodgers can play with, that is a game to game issue. Guys like Routt will look like s**t one game but play great the next. Microchosm of our team as a whole.

3. It certainly did for the Houston game, but there is some "dissension amongst the troops" as to whether Hue Jackson was handed to much power after Al's death... he obviously pulled the trigger on the Palmer trade, but he also had a servicable receiver named Darrien Hagan cut in favor of T.J. Houshmandzadeh - who was sitting on his couch, but was Carson Palmer's training buddy. The move didn't sit well with players or fans.

4. You tell me LOL I hope that doesn't happen this Sunday... if it does I will be contributing a lot of money to the Wisconsin economy drowning my sorrows all afternoon & night!

Hope I answered your questions
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Weather update ... by game time, it's supposed to be about 37 degrees and no wind. Perfect football weather.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome Raider fan!

I, for one, don't underestimate any team. Every team has given us their best shot and we've seen plenty the other teams' qualities.

But we do expect to win. It's the expectation of the players and coaches, anything but a win every game is a big letdown. And they've followed suit 18 straight.

So, it's not disrespect to the other team, at least it's not intended. This team just has this aura of invincibility, with the way they've won the SB, with 15 on IR and 2 more down in the SB, with every game on the road. Young, proven team, that has been through the worst possible scenarios and have prevailed every single time, that's where the confidence comes from.

It might very well be self-righteousness on our part, but it has a solid foundation.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Weather update ... by game time, it's supposed to be about 37 degrees and no wind. Perfect football weather.
I also heard this widespread darkness we have currently will give away to light Sunday morning. No flashlights needed for tailgating.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
You wouldn't be referring to that bright yellow orb that was blinding me this afternoon, would you?

Jwhitt

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Hello, another Raider fan here. Raider Chris pretty much answered as I would. The Raiders were a run first team letting DMac and Bush control the tempo and Campbell only had to make a few throws for balance. Campbell went down and Palmer brought in. Palmer is doing fine although he is only game planning week to week as he has had no time to really study and practice the playbook. Add to that McFadden goes down as well as Ford, Moore and the new speedster T Jones. Now Palmer is forced to throw to backups. Bush is a solid RB but has been exposed in that it is known now he isn`t fast enough to bounce outside so teams play him up the middle and keep him contained. He is still a threat to catch balls on screens and such. Raider D is bipolar. It gets gashed by long runs and WR`s are often standing by themselves and then suddenly our front 4 get sacks or we get INT`s. Raider Chris already stated well our thoughts of Bresnehan the D coordinator.

If the Raiders do well on Sunday it will be because our front 4 on D will pressure Rodgers, DHB steps up for a huge game, and Marcelle Reese (our freekishly talented but underused fullback) has a big day. If those folks don`t light it up, the Packers will decimate the Raiders.

_Xyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep look at the brightside... I don't care if we lose.. I hate those broncos....

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Could be. It was still dark when I went to work this morning then it dawned on me.

That was very punny. :) The only reason I saw it yesterday was because I had to leave the office...today, it was dark when I got in and dark when I left the bank. No wonder I'm looking like I've been rolled in flour.

Members online

No members online now.