From a Raider fan. Good luck ;)

Ayso

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello Packer Nation! I come from a Raider forum...and it's in total disarray. It's....nice coming to a forum that isn't filled with "THE SKY IS FALLING." threads.

The Raiders lost a devastating one in Miami. Miami has de-railed our hopes for a playoff appearance for the second year in the row.

We still have 4 games left (as you may know) and the only way it seems we win the division is to get 10-6 or 11-5. The Raiders will have Moore and Ford back which we hope will throw you guys for a loop ;) and McFadden is still questionable but probably wont be back until the week after.

Overall guys, don't take this Raider team too lightly. We're oddly inconsistent vs teams we should beat, but we show up big vs teams we should never even have a chance against.

The Giants showed you the best challenge last night, until next week ;)

I have tons of respect for the Packer nation, the Packer organization, and all of you. But mark my words, the Raiders will show you we aren't just lying over and taking it like good little puppies. We're going to bite back, and hard.

Aaron Rodgers scares me the most, as he scares everyone on an opposing team. He will have a career day (as if he hasn't already had one) as he rips through our we paper defense. But Palmer is coming to and playing very well with our back-ups out there, and we'll have our speedsters back in Ford and Moore. Including our KR / PR also in Ford and Moore.

It's going to be an interesting game as I'm looking at it as not a loss. But a chance to rank ourselves. If we get pummeled I will openly admit that our team isn't the better team. But if we are close, I'll still openly admit we're not the better team, but we're up and coming for your title ;) If we win....I'll...cry. Probably.

Anyway. Good luck in this next game, 'cause this Raider team is up and coming. And I'm glad both the Packers and the Raiders are going to be a part of the new dominant playoff contenders of the future(The Packers already are).

From a Raider fan, so long and have fun!

OP
OP
A

Ayso

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh by the way, I know this is a double post and sorry about that. But very nice forum. It's nice to look at and very...*****. Kudos!

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello Packer Nation! I come from a Raider forum...and it's in total disarray. It's....nice coming to a forum that isn't filled with "THE SKY IS FALLING." threads.

The Raiders lost a devastating one in Miami. Miami has de-railed our hopes for a playoff appearance for the second year in the row.

We still have 4 games left (as you may know) and the only way it seems we win the division is to get 10-6 or 11-5. The Raiders will have Moore and Ford back which we hope will throw you guys for a loop ;) and McFadden is still questionable but probably wont be back until the week after.

Overall guys, don't take this Raider team too lightly. We're oddly inconsistent vs teams we should beat, but we show up big vs teams we should never even have a chance against.

I have tons of respect for the Packer nation, the Packer organization, and all of you. But mark my words, the Raiders will show you we aren't just lying over and taking it like good little puppies. We're going to bite back, and hard.

Aaron Rodgers scares me the most, as he scares everyone on an opposing team. He will have a career day (as if he hasn't already had one) as he rips through our we paper defense. But Palmer is coming to and playing very well with our back-ups out there, and we'll have our speedsters back in Ford and Moore. Including our KR / PR also in Ford and Moore.

It's going to be an interesting game as I'm looking at it as not a loss. But a chance to rank ourselves. If we get pummeled I will openly admit that our team isn't the better team. But if we are close, I'll still openly admit we're not the better team, but we're up and coming for your title ;) If we win....I'll...cry. Probably.

Anyway. Good luck in this next game, 'cause this Raider team is up and coming. And I'm glad both the Packers and the Raiders are going to be a part of the new dominant playoff contenders of the future(The Packers already are).

this is what I think, maybe some other Packers fans agree

I agree that the Raiders are on the rise and have enough on offense to put up points AND yardage.

That being said....Our defense has consistently given up monster plays all year, it's been absolutely a horrendous defense that is OVERSHADOWED by the high level of the Offense led by Rodgers...

The Raiders absolutely have a good shot against the Packers b/c they can hit homeruns w/ their offense...I'm not confident enough to say this is a surefire lock win for the Packers, but I will say this is a game the Packers SHOULD win.

I was at the Giants game yesterday and I talked to many Giants fans, and they sound just like you...and I said to all of them, I'm not confident about the Packers chances at all! It was a really good game and very close.

Packer fans that have been WATCHING the Packers all season will say that this is a tough matchup for the Packers based on how poorly the D has played...the more fairweather fan will say, "WE ARE GOING UNDEFEATED AND TAKING IT ALL"...Very few people here are TOTALLY buying that...Do I think they can, yes I do THINK they can, but I'm still skeptical...but it's not written, so I will wait, watch, and see what happens

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say this is a west coast team travelling to the east coast to come and play in the cold conditions of Lambeau Field and that to me spells WIN

OP
OP
A

Ayso

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say this is a west coast team travelling to the east coast to come and play in the cold conditions of Lambeau Field and that to me spells WIN

Gaaaah screw you. I totally forgot about that.

But I think the running game will play in favor for us if it's cold, snowy, and bad weather. We are a run first team after-all. But Rodgers will still sling the ball like it's a nice 70 degrees with a nice breeze and sunny outside

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gaaaah screw you. I totally forgot about that.

But I think the running game will play in favor for us if it's cold, snowy, and bad weather. We are a run first team after-all. But Rodgers will still sling the ball like it's a nice 70 degrees with a nice breeze and sunny outside

Yeh true, I did think about the running game being a factor but I think we will probably just use the same pass happy gameplan we have done for the passed 18 games haha.

It will depend on our ability to stop the run and force you guys to pass though that probably isn't a bad thing with the amount of huge pass plays we have given up!

I'm looking forward to playing Carson Palmer though, I truly thought he was damaged goods when you got him from the Bengals but he has definitely proven that he still can play at a high level :)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
It has already been mentioned and statistically proven in another thread that Rodgers does very well in cold weather. That isn't the worry. Because of the defensive issues, the concern is that somewhere along the way the Packers will face an offense that can keep up with their 34 ppg regularity. No offense, but the Saints come to mind, not the Raiders. They are hot and cold, but to beat the Packers you have to be able to out shoot them. There's only a team or two in the league that can do that.

OP
OP
A

Ayso

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It has already been mentioned and statistically proven in another thread that Rodgers does very well in cold weather. That isn't the worry. Because of the defensive issues, the concern is that somewhere along the way the Packers will face an offense that can keep up with their 34 ppg regularity. No offense, but the Saints come to mind, not the Raiders. They are hot and cold, but to beat the Packers you have to be able to out shoot them. There's only a team or two in the league that can do that.

Nonono totally understandable. I'm a fan, not obsessed.

I'm some sort of a realist when it comes to talking about my favorite team. And The Raiders haven't put up 34+ points since the Bills game and Jets game. With Palmer being in the mix, it's a totally different offense. But I still don't see Raiders competing in a shoot-out vs the Packers. I think it could be, and I really hope it can be. but I'm bracing myself for a lop-sided game.

The only thing that can save us in this game would be the return of McFadden, Ford, Moore, and utilizing Reece a lot more than we have been.

OP
OP
A

Ayso

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeh true, I did think about the running game being a factor but I think we will probably just use the same pass happy gameplan we have done for the passed 18 games haha.

It will depend on our ability to stop the run and force you guys to pass though that probably isn't a bad thing with the amount of huge pass plays we have given up!

I'm looking forward to playing Carson Palmer though, I truly thought he was damaged goods when you got him from the Bengals but he has definitely proven that he still can play at a high level :)

And the funny thingi s, ever since Carson Palmer came into the NFL he's been my favorite QB. Don't know why. Over Rich Gannon, over Mike Vick, over Tom Brady. Palmer was my favorite QB in the league, again not sure why. once he got signed to the Raiders I literally whispered to myself "Am I dreaming?" I used to put Palmer on my Raider teams in NFL 2K5 and all the Madden games. Having him perform the way he is performing, with our huge injury infested WR core, and coming off the couch a few weeks prior? I say he's going to be one scary QB next year.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And the funny thingi s, ever since Carson Palmer came into the NFL he's been my favorite QB. Don't know why. Over Rich Gannon, over Mike Vick, over Tom Brady. Palmer was my favorite QB in the league, again not sure why. once he got signed to the Raiders I literally whispered to myself "Am I dreaming?" I used to put Palmer on my Raider teams in NFL 2K5 and all the Madden games. Having him perform the way he is performing, with our huge injury infested WR core, and coming off the couch a few weeks prior? I say he's going to be one scary QB next year.

Now if he takes you guys deep into the playoffs (I dont know how your playoff hopes are looking atm, don't know the tiebreakers etc)

And JC is back ready and healthy to play?

Who dyu keep? Carson or Jason?

OP
OP
A

Ayso

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now if he takes you guys deep into the playoffs (I dont know how your playoff hopes are looking atm, don't know the tiebreakers etc)

And JC is back ready and healthy to play?

Who dyu keep? Carson or Jason?

huge discussion on this once Carson started playing well.

Carson throws a deadly accurate ball and has enough confidence within himself and the WR's to let them make plays as much as him making plays. He takes the reigns with force at the huddle and isn't afraid to change a bad play into a good one at the line. His voice is loud and intimidating for defenses and I can see it. When he says hut the first time, the defense almost shivers a lot of the time. He is also a QB with a chip on his shoulder and will play lights-out next season. With an off-season and all our players fully rested. We'll be a force to be reckoned with with Palmer. That's something we never really said with Campbell. With Campbell it was "We can do enough to get to the playoffs!" Now it's "With Carson, we're going to the superbowl in a few seasons ;)"

Carson is our future, we already know it. And the most ideal thing would to have Campbell as a #2 QB. BUT Campbell has shown he can be a start in the NFL with the right personel and play-calling.

I honestly felt bad for Campbell. here he is 4-2 with a great upcoming team playing his best football, and he breaks his collar bone. But the simple opinion is, I don't think Campbell could have gotten it done with all of our injuries like Palmer managed to do.

My thoughts is Campbell will go into FA, and a team who really really needs a QB will pick him up but I don't think they'll have the same success with them depending on if the team really buys into him or not.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its a shame when another QB comes in after one has gone down due to injury and it looks like, because of the injury, they will be looking for another job somewhere else. But thats business in the NFL and you just have to roll with the punches.

Just had a look over at a Raiders board myself and it looks like no one over there has any hope at all for this game :\

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score

You guys better damn well win that division, I can't take any more of the "T"word. After us you have the Lions, chiefs and chargers. You can beat all three of those teams. Bronco's have to play Bears, Pats, Bills, Chiefs. You are my last hope Obi Wan. You must put down the "T" Death star or chaos will take over the universe.

OP
OP
A

Ayso

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its a shame when another QB comes in after one has gone down due to injury and it looks like, because of the injury, they will be looking for another job somewhere else. But thats business in the NFL and you just have to roll with the punches.

Just had a look over at a Raiders board myself and it looks like no one over there has any hope at all for this game :\

Pff. That board doesn't have any hope for any game. Every single week the front page is filled with "We will lose this game. Why? Because our defense sucks. Hue Jackson sucks at play-calling. And our offense sucks."

It's nice coming here and seeing some...peace.

@realcaliforniacheese

Lmao. Oh believe me. We don't like the T word at all. But right now we can't say anything about him because he's winning games :(

We control part of our destiny still...but now we need help from other teams which always sucks.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh believe me. We don't like the T word at all. But right now we can't say anything about him because he's winning games :(

Oh the irony haha, Im all in the Tebow bandwagon! absolutely loving it :p
And im sure everyone on this board will be rooting for him when he plays the Bears next week xD

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Raiders better win the division because I am sooooooooooooooooooooo tired of hearing about Tebow. "If Tebow wins, blah blah blah. If Tebow wins John Fox is the head coach of the year!"

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as I would hate to see the Packers streak lose and as there are teams I would hate to see them lose it to, the Raiders aren't one of them.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Raiders better win the division because I am sooooooooooooooooooooo tired of hearing about Tebow. "If Tebow wins, blah blah blah. If Tebow wins John Fox is the head coach of the year!"

ATM it looks good for Denver with 3 out of their 4 at home left. I picked Oakland to lose in Miami. Well, I thought it may be close but Miami ALWAYS seems to have Oakland's number. Raider fan here could probably say as much.

I will say this though. Whoever gets the 4th seed has a tough WC matchup hosting Steelers/Ravens and right now looks like Steelers. What in the world would the league do if their beloved Steelers played at their beloved Tebow? The world might truly end...

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
ATM it looks good for Denver with 3 out of their 4 at home left. I picked Oakland to lose in Miami. Well, I thought it may be close but Miami ALWAYS seems to have Oakland's number. Raider fan here could probably say as much.

I will say this though. Whoever gets the 4th seed has a tough WC matchup hosting Steelers/Ravens and right now looks like Steelers. What in the world would the league do if their beloved Steelers played at their beloved Tebow? The world might truly end...

Well I do think Tebow is getting too much favoritism.

If the Steelers do destroy him (as they would since they have Number 1 ranked defense again) the media, and the NFL would be VERY VERY upset, and would ***** and complain about it.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Well I do think Tebow is getting too much favoritism.

If the Steelers do destroy him (as they would since they have Number 1 ranked defense again) the media, and the NFL would be VERY VERY upset, and would ***** and complain about it.

Which is perfect since it sets up the Steelers again as the villain. And they would take pride in beating Tebow and being the ones to bring the angel down. Which then therefore sets up the big bad Steelers vs. good boy Packers in the SB again.

Oh wait, I am getting ahead of myself again? I am impressed Baltimore managed to beat the crappy Browns on the road.I worry more about them when they play bad teams then good teams. When they play the Colts this weekend they better not look ahead!!! No way though Orlvosky has a good game against Baltimore like he did against NE and Ray Rice may rush for 300.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Which is perfect since it sets up the Steelers again as the villain. And they would take pride in beating Tebow and being the ones to bring the angel down. Which then therefore sets up the big bad Steelers vs. good boy Packers in the SB again.

Oh wait, I am getting ahead of myself again? I am impressed Baltimore managed to beat the crappy Browns on the road.I worry more about them when they play bad teams then good teams. When they play the Colts this weekend they better not look ahead!!! No way though Orlvosky has a good game against Baltimore like he did against NE and Ray Rice may rush for 300.

Steelers are the officiating crews FAVORITE team, you know it's true

Tebow is the media's favorite player, and there fore Denver, and John Fox their favorite coach and team of all time.

I think this would spark controversy big time.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts