1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Zero2Cool, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Typically I steer away from anything that could be political. However, with Independence Day coming up, the US being involved in the war I feel this is very good reading for everyone. Hence, why I am posting it in the most popularly viewed forum here.

Do not get caught up in the religious aspect of this. Focus on the perception given.

I found it incredible about what happened to those who signed the Declaration of Independence. The sacrifices they made. Tremendous.

I don't care if you think we should be in Iraq or not. I have my opinions on it as do you. I'm not sharing this to get that incite. I'm sharing this ... well if after reading you can't figure it out, there's no reason in trying to tell you.

Here is an edited version.
    I tried to remove heavy religious material.

I hope after reading this some of you value your freedom a little bit more. I know I did.
  2. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    "Cuz freedom isn't freeeee, it costs a pretty hefty ****** feeee..."

-Team America:World Police

not a bad read, btw.
  3. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Freedom costs a buck 'o five
  4. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    I vaguely remember that movie, lol.

A little background on how this came about. I recently got my daughter living with me full time. Sunday morning she woke me up asking me when we'd be leaving for church.

I haven't been to a church in years.

I couldn't tell her no and I think its wonderful for her to have that passion. I just know too much and ... well i wont make this religious.

Anyhow, we went to church. The posted is what was said during the service. The parts about the Declaration is what really peaked my interest.
  5. arrowgargantuan

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    congrats.
  6. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Thanks.
  7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    "Religion" is man's makings.
    I have a personal relationship with God.
    I have been burned by "church people" but have learned to NOT mistake them for God. Two seperate things completly.
    I ALWAYS appreciate the freedoms i have because of the great sacrifices that have been made over the last 230 years by the fighting men and woman of our great country.
    And i tell a vet this every chance i get.
    Good read Zero!
  8. Mortfini

Mortfini Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i dont mean to take the piss outa your very patriotic country but what does this have to do with the pack
  9. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +109 / 1 / -0

Thats a great point what does this have to do with the Packers.
  10. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:

11. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
  12. Mr_Bumpy

Mr_Bumpy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for posting this, Zero. Lately I have been thinking a lot about how easy it is to take all of our freedoms and modern conveniences for granted. I think most people will never realize what we have until it's gone (God forbid).
  13. Green_Bay_Packers

Ratings:
    +109 / 1 / -0
    Sorry but this topic is boring it has nothing to do with the Packers.
  14. Pack88

Pack88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I'm a little puzzled about how to compare the noble struggle to establish our nation with the blatant attack on another soverign nation!! This is not a lick against the troops. Troops do what they are told and sufer in silence, but don't applaud the criminals who sent them there!!
  15. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Nobody is forcing you to read it. You know what its about. There are other new topics like the dillon thread.
  16. DoddPower

DoddPower Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!

Ratings:
    +54 / 5 / -1

I agree. Shouldn't this be moved to another section of this message board??
  17. Green_Bay_Packers

Ratings:
    +109 / 1 / -0
    Waits for Zero to post

Zero2Cool wrote:
    [/quote]Typically I steer away from anything that could be political. However, with Independence Day coming up, the US being involved in the war I feel this is very good reading for everyone. Hence, why I am posting it in the most popularly viewed forum here.

Do not get caught up in the religious aspect of this. Focus on the perception given.

I found it incredible about what happened to those who signed the Declaration of Independence. The sacrifices they made. Tremendous.

I don't care if you think we should be in Iraq or not. I have my opinions on it as do you. I'm not sharing this to get that incite. I'm sharing this ... well if after reading you can't figure it out, there's no reason in trying to tell you..
  18. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    It may be boring to you, but to us Americans who love and appreciate our country and freedom, taking a few seconds out of our lives to SHOW our appreciation is anything but boring. Whats wrong with having one thread that is more then just talk about sports?
    When i see a topic i'm not interested in, or find "boring", i just ignore it. I don't insult anyone that might find it as a refreshing change from the normal babble on here.
    If you really don't like it, just don't read it. Or if you already did read it, just don't bother with coming back to it.
    Sorry to be blunt, but i find it as rude to take realisticly the really most important thread on here, and belittle it because it doesn't have anything to do with the Packers.
    The reason countries get taken over is because not enough good people become involved in whats REALLY important. When Germany tried to destroy your country during WWII, we came over and helped save your country from total destruction. I bet your grandparents and others didn't fing that "boring." :soapbox:
    I'm done now.
  19. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    First of all, I'd like to tell Z2C that this was a very good read. I am as patriotic as they come and value our soldiers and what they are doing so we can rest our head at night knowing our country is as safe as it can be. Our troops die on an almost daily basis over there so we can bitch, whine, piss and moan on a freakin' Packers forum...the only thing I can say in defense of anyone who thinks this should be moved is because it's a Packers forum and other threads are moved b/c it isn't Packers related...where's the consistency in that?

Before I get bashed for not caring about my country or freedom, etc...please read my post again. I just think that there's a little hypocrisy in letting some topics on here fly and others are moved... :twocents:
  20. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    I'm not trying to break the rules or upset anyone here by posting this here. I just felt it was a good read and when something has an impact on me, I try to share it with as many people as I can.
  21. arrowgargantuan

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    well this one crashed and burned...

off to the dead zone, i mean atrium.
  22. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I don't have a problem with it as I said...good read. I just know why others would question why it would be here since other threads have been moved. I'm sure other people have posted here thinking it was worthwhile "stuff" only to have it moved b/c it didn't deal with the Packers.

In a weird way, you're article involves the Packers b/c, like I said earlier, without our soldiers fighting for our freedom, we couldn't sit here and talk on this forum.

I have no problem with the thread, just trying to take some heat off of those who wonder why it's here.
  23. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    I thought better of the people at PF.com. Unfortunately when dealing with such a large group of imbeciles it's impossible to have a good thing last a long time.

Sad to see another quality thread buried away in the Atrium, but I guess I shouldn't have assumed PF.com users could show respect for anything other than themselves in the first place.

I won't be posting anything positive like this ever again on this website.

Extremely disappointed, but thanks for those who actually can value a good read. Thank you.
  24. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Don't take it personal Zero. I can see the explanation as being valid. You want to know the truth? I myself usually check out the Atrium first. There are usually too many posts in the Packer area, i think there was more chance of this getting lost there then in the Atrium. It's not gonna have a dozen threads started P & M'ing about who we should have gone after, who we think will be a bust, and so on. Here it will stay towards the top for awhile.
    So why let the P & M'ing of a few ruin the chances of us that appreciate threads like this keep you from posting them in the future?
    Why punish us because of the lame?
    Is that fair to us?
  25. arrowgargantuan

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    i live in the atrium during the offseason.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.