Free LUNCH in Minnesota...thanks to Moss...LOL

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Enjoyable Article from NFL.COM

MINNEAPOLIS -- A restaurant whose food was sharply criticized by Randy Moss is giving the former Minnesota Vikings receiver something to chew on.
Tinucci's in suburban Newport will offer free lunches Friday to the first 50 people who come to turn in their Moss jerseys. For everyone else, the lunch buffet will be marked down to $8.40, a takeoff on the receiver's No. 84 jersey, co-owner Gus Tinucci said Thursday.
Tinucci said he was catering lunch for the players at the Vikings' practice facility last Friday when Moss entered the locker room and looked at the buffet line.
"Randy came up to the table and said, 'Who ordered this (expletive) stuff? I wouldn't feed it this to my (expletive) dog,"' Tinucci recalled. He said the locker room went quiet and somebody told Moss to shut up. "We didn't see him again. He didn't eat and that was the end of it."
Moss's agent, Joel Segal, did not return a phone call seeking comment Thursday. Tinucci said he got an apology this week from a member of the Wilf family, which owns the Vikings.
The idea for the jersey turn-in came from local sports talk station KSTP-AM, which is a customer of the Tinucci family's catering business and will broadcast live from Friday's event, he said.
Stafford doesn't miss a beat
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Matthew Stafford's Lions were down late in the fourth quarter and facing a fourth-and-1. Not a problem for the young QB, who threw a TD. Was his comeback the best Week 8 moment?

» Vote: Air & Ground Players of the Week
» Vote: Rookie of the Week

Tinucci is laughing off the disrespect from Moss, given the source. Vikings coach Brad Childress cut Moss on Monday, less than a month into his second stint in Minnesota. The Vikings lost three of the four games in which he played, and his cause wasn't helped by his locker room behavior or postgame complaining Sunday.
The buffet incident has provided plenty of fodder for newspaper columns, talk radio and sports bloggers all week.
Tinucci's also got a thumbs up Wednesday from quarterback Brett Favre.
"I was sitting in my locker eating the food" when Moss complained, Favre told reporters. He added: "I thought it was pretty good."
The jerseys will be donated to the Boys & Girls Clubs in Nashville. The Tennessee Titans claimed Moss off the waiver wire Wednesday. The Tinucci family will also donate $500 to the Boys & Girls Clubs of St. Paul, and will ask Friday's patrons for donations, too.
The food? It will be what Tinucci served the Vikings, including chicken, ribs and beef.

HILARIOUS, GOOD JOB by the RESTAURANT!:viksux:

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL! What was his problem with the food? Screw him and his silly little dog too! I get that dang pooch eats better than half my family!

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
That is flipping the best thing that has happened for the Vikes all year.! :good:

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isnt Tinucci an Italian name?

Serving ribs, and chicken? lol

Some Italian places (at least around here) are serving American style foods. Like hamburgers, chicken fingers, french fries and the likes of. And yes, ribs too. There are still many Italian restaurants that serve exclusively Italian cuisine.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can learn alot about a person on how they treat servers and food service people.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
especially if you've ever spent a period of time working in the food industry, not exactly a stress free evironment:mad2:

Very true, I feel ya! Try being on the other side of the counter, Moss! It's not as easy as it looks!

When I used to work at Starbucks, when I'd get a rude customer, I would always be extra sweet to them because I would think maybe they are that way because they are having a bad day or maybe they are going through a bad time and they could use all the smiles they can get. You never really know a person's situation or why they act a certain way, therefore I would just sugar everyone sweet just the same. That's just the customer service part, not to mention the work detail and performing job functions.

Funny thought. I'd like take Moss off the football field for a month and stick him in some random food industry job. I bet the outcome would range from disastrous to downright hilarious.

Members online

Latest posts