Fred Smoot wants a starting job!

subin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings CB Fred Smoot said he is open to returning to the Minnesota Vikings in 2007, but that a starting job is mandatory. Smoot said he is a "third corner to nobody," and said he would want to move on if the Vikings plan on starting CBs Antoine Winfield and Cedric Griffin. Smoot added, "There ain't no room for Fred Smoot to be on the bench. I'm prepared to be a third corner at the end of my career, and we're not even close to that. That ain't what I'm paid to do. I'm one of the highest-paid corners in the NFL. Who wants to pay someone that much (to be a third cornerback)?" Smoot's base salary for 2007 is $2.7 million and he is due a $2 million roster bonus in March. The team would save $400,000 in salary cap space if he is released before the bonus is due.

Haha what an ******* this guy is. He's got to be the worst corner in the NFL, with the exception of Ahmad Caroll.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please don't laugh too much or else he will end up here!!! That would, of course, mean moving Woodson over to safety but I think his interception totals this year put that off for a while.

Members online

Latest posts